Infinity for Assassin's merc

FunZip

Diabloii.Net Member
Infinity for Assassin's merc

Hey there,

does a lightning trapper have advantage from the Infinity runeword on her Act 2 Defensive merc (as far as a merc is worth to have)?
I mean does the "-xx% to enemy lightning resistance" do the job or not as a +5/-5 lightning jewel doen't when socket in a helm? And is it worth to have the LVL 12 Conviction though?

Please help,....don't want to waste my runes:cool:

Thnx.

Last edited:

DayDream

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Infinity for Assassin's merc

"-xx% to enemy lightning resistance" do the job or not as a +5/-5 lightning jewel doen't
-light Res, Light damage% Does not work with traps when equipped on the assassin. Meaning... griffons,facets,infinity will not help you

-Enemy light resist itself only works for the person wielding it and I don't see a merc making much use of it :p

However conviction is still useful and will lower resist.

Alc

Diabloii.Net Member

The -light will work for the merc, not for your sentries, not for your light damage. The conviction aura works for everything, including your sentries (it directly affects monster res rather than being applied at attack time, if I understand correctly), and breaks most lightning immunities and quite a few fire immunities, which makes it very useful for a FB/LS/DS trapper.

EDIT: gah.

FunZip

Diabloii.Net Member

Thnx,
The -to lightning res. thing is clear.
With the "as far as a merc is worth to have" i mend to say in PVP
So is the LVL 12 Conviction of any use in PVP?

Thnx again.

DayDream

Diabloii.Net Member

Some fun facts!

A merc will always die in one hit from a decent dueler despite having 50dr, 95 resist, and bo.

Mercs are considered BM
You can try to keep them alive by restacking them upon yourself with teleport.

DayDream

Diabloii.Net Member

Just a tad, Just a tad. You'll have to grab gold constantly or have a good flow of gold somewhere like a barb to constantly revive merc

You'd be surprised on how fast your stash will disappear when you rely on merc too much (My poor trapper.)