Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Infinity: Best Sorc Possible

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by triscuit, Jul 18, 2010.

1. triscuit

triscuit IncGamers Member

Infinity: Best Sorc Possible

Hi, I'm looking to build a pure lightning, infinity sorceress. I've heard this is the strongest build in the game. :jig: Would this be true? I'm focusing on a strong build to pvm vs. Baal and Nihlathak.

Anyways, I've got plenty to spend on this and am wondering..

What's the best possible setup for a lightning infinity sorceress, skills and gear? And what about the added option of a Dream shield or helm?

Lets start with a "standard" setup: Rune-words, Uniques, Perf-Facets.. but I would love to hear suggestions on gg rares I could fill the build in with later. :scratchchin:

Thanks for checkin' this out :coffee: and for any help! :thumbup:

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: Infinity: Best Sorc Possible

Have you looked at the guides?

3. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

Points to the guides......I cant help you as there are numerous ways to make a lightning sorc and there is no "Best".

Max block/Energy shield
    No block/Energy shield
    Max block full light
    No block light
    Lightning wielding infinity
    Nova/TS Energy shield wielding infinity

There are numerous builds to go for and if you have a half decent knowledge of in game items you could probably figure out all of this by yourself.

4. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Also note that blizz is in fact faster against groups than lightning/chain lightning(and cheaper). Just a bit of problems against immunes.

5. triscuit

Yes I have looked at the guides. I've googled, checked stickied threads, and browsed the forums. There are some interesting guides and some stupid ones, while a lot of them just focus on cheap gear.. but none of them really answer my question.

What is going to be the best build and gear to MF Baal with this kind of sorc? Can anyone impart some knowledge or opinion here?

6. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Specifically for Baal? Probably a CB-maxing build; it will do the most damage to large targets at pointblank range of all the lightning skills. Dual Dream is only good for a melee Passion sorc, btw.

The guides do have all the info you need about gear. Its pretty much no-brainer stuff anyway, and deciding how much MF you think you need to sacrifice for.

7. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Why are you Mfing baal anyway? Its slow drops compared to cs, and the other bosses

8. triscuit

Thanks droid.

I did find an interesting guide, basically following your suggestion.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7614980#post7614980

On the other hand, I'm still left wondering why some people bother posting without saying anything. Do they feel the need to brand a useless comment on everything that floats by? I'm looking at the idiot posting below my original message.

To the rest of you, (and sorry for the rant) thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it.

And lol the other bosses suck! I've been mf'in them for days!!! I'd rather CS or Baal.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  9. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Probably because they're sick of people endless asking what is the best possible build or class for doing this or that instead of just looking at the build guide or experimenting with builds themselves. Because many times they don't even bother. Thus their first response is always "check the stickies".

The posts above already say what I want to. The equipment you need is all in the guides, but a lot of it is up to you. We don't know whether you usually use ES, go max block or how much MF you'd be comfortable with.

PS: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368816

10. droid

droid IncGamers Member

He didnt say your comment was useless. He pointed out that all the information you're looking for is already available in the guides. Which it is, if you look at it, so his point is completely valid.

In the future, and this is sound advice for everyone, you get a much better response here to more specific questions about what you still aren't clear on after reading the guides, than ones that just basically say "i want to be gooder than everyone right now. gieb me everything."

11. triscuit

Meh, I thought that was a pretty stupid response to my question.

I was hoping to invoke some sort of discussion about the most powerful/balanced build for an infinity MF sorc and he gave a pretty flat line response.

Anyways, I'm looking into items and have come up with something like:

Shako /w ist
    Perf Hoto
    Chains of Honor
    Perf Spirit Shield
    40 Chance Guards
    Arachnid Sash
    50 War Travs
    2x FCR Rings
    Ammy?

CtA, Spirit on switch

Obviously this isn't enough mf but with Gheeds and mfsc's this could be close to 300.

Any suggestions on reworking this gear? What have you guys had success with?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  12. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

For pure runspeed 200 fcr is the fastest option, griffon 5/5, 20 fcr amu,fcr ring, soj, eschuta 5/5, viper 5/5, spirit 35, trangs,arach,wt

13. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Which leaves you with no mf and bad resists, except if your amu/ring is godly or you load up on charms. Triscuit's gear will struggle against immunes though, so I think griffon's with a */-5 facet is a must. Then just juggle the +2/20fcr amu, mara's, fcr ring(s) and soj to get at a good casting rate.

What does eschuta's offer that makes it a better choice than hoto? Heck, depending on the fcr bps you could also use an occy as it has mf, decent resist and space for a facet.

14. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

i´d honestly go for a 5+ lightning orb with some nice adds, if i´d have the choice
    get some mf resis gloves with stats, i can´t stand sorcs wearing chancies :)
    and defo go for griffons
    if u play hc, u should consider ES. when having an infy merc u´ll deal enough dmg either way

15. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

you can use hoto instead to get res, viper also gives(can um if needed) really res situation is not bad. Mf can be 20 ring 50 boots 30 gheed, charms more.. can reach 150 or 200 after which diminishing returns hit pretty hard anyway..
    or go for tal set(and shako ocy) for more hardcore mf

16. triscuit

What'd you guys think of this:

Griffons Helm /w 5/5 facet
    Hoto
    Tal armor, Tal ammy, Tal belt
    FCR rings, (what're good mods for these, can they drop with a 30-40% mf mod?)
    Chancies (or rare mf gloves)
    War Travelers

I could also put something into the armor this way. 5/5 facet? a rare jewel? Ist?

This would put me around 250% before charms. Any thoughts?

17. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

don´t bother getting 5/5´s for a light sorc. the +5 will only be added to the mastery bonus, which makes it not worth the costs. a 3-5 will work 99.99% as effective

18. interloop

interloop IncGamers Member

19. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Well this build is very cc. Of course you will use 3/20 light eschutas and spirit monarch. But the helm there are 2 choices either 15/20 griffs or rare circ. I prefer rare circ with mods over griffs any day because of the excellent damage and stats you get from it. You will only lose -15 elr so whats the biggy about that?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  20. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

minuses, griffon's gives you 25fcr instead of the 20. Also, -15 elr is quite alot when you think about it, especially when your merc's conviction breaks an immunity. (something like that monster has 125 lresist, conviction reduces 75 resists and this translated as around 90 lresist on the monster after conviction. Reduce that -15 from there and you are already getting quite a damage increase. I'm not sure if these numbers are 100% correct!!!!)

hoto is better all around and more affordable when compared to a 3-20 eschuta's, and it gives you more room to play around with your boots and other gear.
    Also eliminates the need for um in your vipermagi.3-5 / 5 facet here ;)

(Also the 5fcr you save from griffon's, you can use that to attain 200fcr while using one SoJ /BK!

The main reason you would want to run anything with light sorceress is countess / cows / summoner / nihlatak / pits or do rushes for drops that are NOT affected by Magic find. (Keys / runes / pgms / socketables/essences)). By sacrificing gear to gain MF, you are greatly hampering your kill speed. Make a horker / blizzard sorceress to heavily magic find. Light is for fast teleporting / killing.

Blizzard sorceresses can run easily with +500 mf gear, use insight on merc and clear ancient tunnels / mephi with relative ease.

Here is the gear you would want, imho the best light sorceress you CAN build. Killspeed and travel speed wise.

Griffon's (socketed with a light facet)
    Hoto (Any stats will do imo)
    33-35 vipermagi upg'd <--- (non-upg'd if NL, another spot for facet.)
    arach
    magefists / trang gloves
    35 spirit monarch
    boots can be almost anything, though eth sandstorms or regular infernostrides are vg candidates.

Amulets / rings: two possible combo's. 10fcr 1-2sk rare / magic amulet + 2x fcr rings with extra mods (mana + str is the best way to go)
    20fcr 1-2sk CRAFTED amulet (These babies cost alot!) along with one fcr ring and a soj / bk

on switch the nobrainer cta + spirit.

Merc should use
    Infinity
    Fortitude / CoH / duress all ebugged
    Andy's / vgaze / CoA (lol) / CoT / tal helm works too , eth always helps.

Charms will be anni + torch + light skiller (/w mana or life, if available) mana / life charms or resists if you still need them after your hoto + vipermagi + anni + torch combo :D

Skill layout is simple. MORE LIGHTNING SYNERGIES. Don't bother with ES in PvE. Full vita is the way to go. 1p for frozen armor is fun, along with 1p in thunderstorm. Also I suggest maxing Nova last, because charged bolt is a great boss killer.

This setup gives you 200fcr, a 7! frame teleport and at minimum 20k damage in the LCS, even tho it should rise above 25k and onwards when you factor -lr mods. Also your lightning is pretty quick, but somebody else can provide the info on what frame you attained @ 19x fcr for lightning.

Lightning will never be an effective Mf'er like a blizzard sorceress can be, due to her VERY heavy gear dependency, though she makes one hell of a killer / rusher

A blizzard sorceress can make do with this kind of gear: Tal wep /w ist, tal helm with ptopaz, tal armor with ptopaz, splendor as shield, wts/rares with mf, chancies, tal belt, nagles,tal amu, loads of mf charms. Merc uses smoke + tal helm + insight.

To summ it up, make a lightning sorceress if you have the funds and/or hate mf'ing, blizzard sorceress if you want to mf and/or you are on a budget.

Personal note: once you go 200fcr, you will not go back.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010