Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Infinity + Armagaedon? Shape?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Jary, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Infinity + Armagaedon? Shape?

Would it be a good idea, if you took just a basic armagaedon fire druid, prebuffed, then used like Doom/spirit with Infinity on the switch in Bear/Wolf Form?

-Maybe, Max all fire.
    -Throw a point into wolf lycanth, and maybe bear for more life.
    -1 point oak
    -1 point spirit wolf (distraction)
    -use nigma/aldurs boots and get lots of speed ><

If you think about it, infinity on a standard fire druid would be too fragile and sorta risky, but use it on switch in wereform where u can survive critical hits while having armaedon...? That'd be pretty deadly since u can keep reshapeing ^^
    (I prefer doom axe as a caster vs hoto, just 'cause u'd have the holy freeze aura option, which would prolly be more useful in the long run methinks)

2. SawwaMaru

SawwaMaru IncGamers Member

hmm i dont know about that... doesnt seem so hot to me. and imo ( not much of one) that would get reallyyy annoying for me, but if you didnt mind i could see that working but from what ive heard geddon isnt very accurate and isnt a good skill to rely soly to kill ur enimies

so in all i dont think its a very good idea but ud have to see the dmg output to really see if its any good.

oh and jary check your pm box i mailed you a question

3. Mitch Turnbuckle

Mitch Turnbuckle IncGamers Member

Jary,

You might try giving your merc the Infinity, pre-buffing armageddon however you desire, and having Pheonix RW (-28% enemy fire resistance) + perfect rainbow faceted Ravenslore (max -25% enemy fire resistance) + Hand O' Justice RW (-28% enemy fire resistance) on switch. This would give you -81% enemy fire resistance (not even including the Conviction Aura from your merc!) which should go a long way towards increasing the damage output of Armageddon.

4. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

nice I'm NL, It'd be hard for me to get ahold of a phoenix, but I do have a 20/-20 monarch ^.^
    I don't have a hoj, but that's also possible to get. I've never really made an all out fire druid otherwise I'd try it in a second ><, but I've never made a fire druid past like lvl ~50 lol.

I was thinking more pvp, so... I dunno, infinity Mercs in duelz = bm ><... I'd be lucky if they only nked me twice if I die lol. Yeah, and unless I plan to have high block (which I prolly wouldn't, I'd just go massive vit), I think infinity>hoj+monarch for -% resists : /

5. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Oh yeah, I forgot... since the builds only defense is like.... running around fast and trying not to die >< ...

Infinity = 35% frw, too (forgot bout that :rolleyes: )

!
    I realize armagaedons chance to hit isn't exactly amazing, but if you had like 150% frw and nice resists.... lol, you'd be like the friggin' Gingerbread Bear out there, hehe... can't catch me! Yeah, and all those annoying desynching smiters wouldn't be able to tele ontop of you or keep up at that speed, so they'd prolly get PWNED by a late armaegadon bomb! BAM:grin:

6. Mitch Turnbuckle

Mitch Turnbuckle IncGamers Member

The aforementioned items were A) Hypothetical, and B) Based on having your merc carry the Infinity.

Edit: Hand O' Justice only has -20% enemy fire resistance . . . so in conjunction with the other suggestions = -75% enemy fire resistance.

If you can not use an Infinity merc, and you have your heart set on using Infinity yourself, then you could still use (hypothetically) a perfect rainbow faceted Ravenslore (+3 Elemental Skills, -25% enemy fire resistance). You could get a Rising Sun Amulet (+2 to Fire Skills), and could also pre-buff with an Ethereal Hel runed Earthshifter (+7 Elemental Skills, hypothetical of course, lowers strength requirements significantly). This would allow you to pre-buff Armageddon with +12 to skills. While still gaining the Conviction Aura from Infinity. Finally, could put 4 x perfect rainbow facets in to an Archon plate or something (-20% enemy fire resistance, very hypothetical). You would also receive the +5% damage to fire skills from each rainbow facet of course. I can not off the top of my head remember if there is another armor that has -% enemy fire resistance or something similar . . .

7. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

"aforementioned"...hold on <digs through thesaurus>. Yes, tru tru >< (enough of the 'hypothetical' lol) The earthshifter is a good prebuff idea, good thinking ^^ ... but also, if you have to tele away, per se, the extra +75% fcr from hoto/spirit would pretty helpful aye :D ...as well as the faster trasformation back into bear; and like you said, earthshifter has a pretty ridiculous strength requirement, even with hel :sad2: . All the rest of the gear you mentioned: the ravenlore, factes yada yada, etc. was sorta implied.... I said assume standard armagaedon druid with 1 into bear or wolf :D. The archon plate is nice, but the damage would not just justify the means: yeah I'd gain extra damage, but 1) already get lower resist from infinity 2) we'd lose 45% speed and +skillz : / 3) lose teleport, which is handy at certain times.

It's not just "what does the most damage" for the build. I think practicality comes into play here too. And like I said, since speed would be a big factor in this build I think losing a good 80% frw would hurt more than help methinks : /