Infinity and -light resist on merc

xyzthorakzyx

Diabloii.Net Member
Infinity and -light resist on merc

I just realised the infinity RW has a -(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies). Does this work for my attacks as well or only the mercs attacks?
 

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
xyzthorakzyx said:
I just realised the infinity RW has a -(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies). Does this work for my attacks as well or only the mercs attacks?
Only for the attacks your mercenary does.
 

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
xyzthorakzyx said:
I just realised the infinity RW has a -(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies). Does this work for my attacks as well or only the mercs attacks?
Yeah - it is only for the merc...however, my sorc currently has 196 str...and all I need is 210 to hold my infinity...going to find out what a sorc without eschutas and spirit, but weilding a CV infinity is like! Will let you know!

...unless someone has already done that?
 

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
alexzed said:
Yeah - it is only for the merc...however, my sorc currently has 196 str...and all I need is 210 to hold my infinity...going to find out what a sorc without eschutas and spirit, but weilding a CV infinity is like! Will let you know!

...unless someone has already done that?
Horror (Skeleton)
Damned (Tainted)
Bone Scarab (Scarab Demon)
Dark Familiar (Bat Demon)

These are the only 4 types of normal* creatures that have a lightning immunity which can't be broken by your infinity.
So, I'd say it's pretty good, if you equip one and your merc, the conviction levels stack to lvl24 and you can break every normal monster's lightning immunity.


*normal = not a unique or superunique
 

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
Horror (Skeleton)
Damned (Tainted)
Bone Scarab (Scarab Demon)
Dark Familiar (Bat Demon)

These are the only 4 types of normal* creatures that have a lightning immunity which can't be broken by your infinity.
So, I'd say it's pretty good, if you equip one and your merc, the conviction levels stack to lvl24 and you can break every normal monster's lightning immunity.


*normal = not a unique or superunique
that's an interesting concept - didn't think of dual-wielding an infinity (do I have that kind of cash?) but let's try this one on for size.

Lvl 12 Conviction: -85%
Lvl 24 Conviction: -145%

Chain and Lightning Skill Lvl without +3 Eschutas and +2 Spirit: 34

So the max immunity is 200, right? Meaning that the nasty monsters would have -145% resistances, and add the (mine is -50%) light immunity...

So based on that - the lightning damage would take a hit of 5 levels, BUT would increase 50% with NO monster being immune, and those that were would have their immunities almost at 0?

(Am I highjacking this thread? :O)
 

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
You're making a lot of mistakes here.

First of all, the common monsters (the one which I called normal) can reach a maximum immunity of 120% lightning resistance.

Secondly, to break an immunity, conviction (and lower resist) are only effective at 20% of the listed lowering.

The lvl12 conviction gives you -85% enemy light res, thus, any enemy that has 100 or more lightning resistance gets -85/5= -17 lightning resistance.

Most lightning immuun monsters have 100 or 110 lightning immunity, so they can be broken. But those few I listed above have 120 lightning immunity, so you need atleast -21 effective lightning resistance to break that.

If you add the convictions, you get lvl24, so -145% enemy resistances. So -145/5= -29! So you can break the thoughest normal monsters that are lightning imuun, being 120 lightning resistant.

But, you have bosspacks with unique monsters, bosspacks with champions and the regular superuniques. Those immunities are almost always to high to be broken.

And for the last part: the ones that aren't immuun to lightning: 145% conviction and 55% listed on your infinity, they'll always get -100% lightning resistance, so the damage will always be doubled to normal non immuun monsters.
And for the immuun ones: lowest immunity= 100, highest to be broken 120.
The ones with 100 will end up at 16% resistance and the ones with 120 will end up at 36% resistance.

I hope things are clearer now :thumbsup:
 

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
If you add the convictions, you get lvl24, so -145% enemy resistances. So -145/5= -29! So you can break the thoughest normal monsters that are lightning imuun, being 120 lightning resistant.
Did something change in v1.10 I wasn't aware of?

Although you can stack different auras, as far as I know you cannot stack the same aura. Otherwise you would see roving bands of conviction pallys hiring themselves out to sorcs.:lol:
 

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
I hope things are clearer now :thumbsup:
Bwebwebwbwwweeeee...

yes - clearer. Basically having Infinity on me and my merc still won't break a Lightning Immune, PI, Stone Skin Lister...

That's alllll I needed to know. All other monsters fall like wee fairies to my light and infiinity...just those darn ones you mentioned...

AM interested to see if auras stack tho!
 

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
The mod Aura on equip only stacks when two or more items have the same aura on a player/merc, but one on you and one on the merc will not add the Slvls up.

-% resists on items cannot break immunities.

Conviction's -% fire/cold/lightning resist (and Lower Resist, Amp dmg, Decrepify) is divided by 5 when trying to remove an immunity. When an immunity is broken by for example Conviction alone, Lower Resist will still take the penalty. Note that this is done per resist.
 

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
You're making a lot of mistakes here.

First of all, the common monsters (the one which I called normal) can reach a maximum immunity of 120% lightning resistance.

Secondly, to break an immunity, conviction (and lower resist) are only effective at 20% of the listed lowering.

The lvl12 conviction gives you -85% enemy light res, thus, any enemy that has 100 or more lightning resistance gets -85/5= -17 lightning resistance.

Most lightning immuun monsters have 100 or 110 lightning immunity, so they can be broken. But those few I listed above have 120 lightning immunity, so you need atleast -21 effective lightning resistance to break that.

If you add the convictions, you get lvl24, so -145% enemy resistances. So -145/5= -29! So you can break the thoughest normal monsters that are lightning imuun, being 120 lightning resistant.

But, you have bosspacks with unique monsters, bosspacks with champions and the regular superuniques. Those immunities are almost always to high to be broken.

And for the last part: the ones that aren't immuun to lightning: 145% conviction and 55% listed on your infinity, they'll always get -100% lightning resistance, so the damage will always be doubled to normal non immuun monsters.
And for the immuun ones: lowest immunity= 100, highest to be broken 120.
The ones with 100 will end up at 16% resistance and the ones with 120 will end up at 36% resistance.

I hope things are clearer now :thumbsup:
Hmmm interesting. If my character wields an infinity does it stack up with my merc's infinity?
 
raffster said:
Hmmm interesting. If my character wields an infinity does it stack up with my merc's infinity?
no, read RTB's reply.

my friend has a poison necro and we break lister with my merc's infinity + his lower res. ^^
 

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
The mod Aura on equip only stacks when two or more items have the same aura on a player/merc, but one on you and one on the merc will not add the Slvls up.

-% resists on items cannot break immunities.

Conviction's -% fire/cold/lightning resist (and Lower Resist, Amp dmg, Decrepify) is divided by 5 when trying to remove an immunity. When an immunity is broken by for example Conviction alone, Lower Resist will still take the penalty. Note that this is done per resist.
Hm, didn't know that auras only stacked from the same character. But if YOU say it does, I've been told your word is worth gold and much more :lol:

Still, I hope I didn't make any other mistakes in my full explenation?
 
Top