Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Infinity and -Light Res - No effect on Light dmg?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Klæmint Vágadal, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

Infinity and -Light Res - No effect on Light dmg?

I have read somewhere that the -Light Res on the "Infinity" has no effect on youre char's Lightning dmg, is that true? Can someone explain a little about this.

If so then I can get a Infinity much cheaper:laugh:

Btw; whats the best weapond to make "Infinity" in?

2. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

The - light res on the infinity will only affect the wielder of the weapon just as facets would. Same as in that placing facets in your mercs helm gains you nothing on your own attacks. The aura (and the -res curses) work directly on the enemy and help anyone attacking a monster under their effect.

3. Klæmint Vágadal

4. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

The most public ones are ethereal ca/thresher. But personally I use a normal scythe/voulge as I chaos/baal pretty much.
    When your merc is equiping ethereal infinity ca/thresher, and with iron maiden, he is pretty much certified. But with low requirement polearms, he can still "tank" at least 3 hits. That 3 hits should grant you enough time to teleport away and save his life.
    But if you don't chaos much, ethereal ca/threshers will do the trick.

5. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

no prob

Better explenation btw:
    -res have two classes:
    Class 1 consists of the -xx% res you get from conviction, lower res, amplify damage and decreptify. These are effects transfered directly to you opponent and will lower their resests for anyone attacking them during the time they are active. They all work on monsters with resists equal or greater then 100% (aka immunes) but will then only work at 1/5 of their normal effectiveness. Meaning that -85% res would become -85/5= -17% res, allowing you to "break" the immunity up to 116%, anything above would still be immune. Conviction and lower res do stack but even if one of them alone broke the immuity the other would still get the 1/5 penelty.

Class 2 consists of any item given direct -xx%res and the -xx%res from cold mastery. They will only work on monsters with resists lower then 100%, meaning "non immunes" and monsters which have gotten their resists lowered to 99% or less from a class 1 -xx%res source. It also does only work for the character, merc or summon which carries the item that gives the class 2 -xx%res mod.

:azn:

And when I'll make a infinity light sorc, I'll carry infinity on self, so I'd go for a low req one. For merc I'd be as IntelligentX suggested.

6. Klæmint Vágadal

I plan to do alot of Baal runs, and maybe if I find it a turn on, I will do CS runs to:wink:

But then what about monster that cant be Immune broken? Like one of the Ancients.

7. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

Afaik sometimes there are some bone mages in WSK level 3 which cast charged bolt that are still immune to lightning even with infinity on.

8. Klæmint Vágadal

Hmm..Im gonna try to see if I can get the job done with a eInfinity, if the IM just sucks too much for the merc, will trade it for a non Elite non etheral one and go with that :thumbsup: Since I think reselling a non eth will be tough.