Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Inferno Sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by amphreded, Feb 14, 2004.

1. amphreded

amphreded IncGamers Member

Inferno Sorc?

hi guys i'm new to the forum and i'm new to sorc since i only played her once in 1.09. so basically i'm a freaking noob here.
    since i'm a noob, and u guys are expert so i have to :worship: and i would like to ask some questions regarding a new sorc i might be playing.
    well as the title stated above, an inferno sorc, using flamebellow (i have +18 inferno flamebellow).
    the first question is: anyone does this build b4?
    second: would flamebellow grants my 20 lvl inferno to 38? or would i just shoot myself right now.
    third: my HF merc will be using Hand of Justice. how effective is it?
    forth: after i maxed out inferno, warmth and firemastery, what else should i maxed out? this build would not be melee, no, not like enchantess - so i wouldnt be using enchant at all (although it is appealing due to the maxed synergy from warmth). lvl 48 inferno will grant 26.6 yard lenght of fire and more damage than using enchant so i wont put anypoint in enchant. but maybe in thunder storm and lightning mastery after i maxed everything else?
    fifth: any recommended equipments? i probably going to use flamebellow, 2 sojs, mara/rising sun, arachnid, magefist. i dont have many decent boots and helms so what would be ideal? anything socketable will be socketed with fire facets.
    sixth, and final: would this build work? i'm planning to pal with a poison necro who use lower resists and im gonna force my friend to build a paladin who uses conviction to lower more enemy resistance. it's gonna be pvm.

thanks

2. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

FlameBellow won't give you +18 inferno, it will only give +3, this is because inferno is sorc native skill, and native skill can only get a maximum of +3 from item such as flamebellow.

So, your infernal won't get to level 48, but only 33. I'm not sure how effective it is. Now to game play, since you are going to stand still mostly, I recommend max block and max telekenesis with one point into engergy shield. This setup would allow you to block 75% of the attack and if it get through block you won't take to much damage thanks to telekenesis synergy.

My 2 cents.

Update.

Ok i'm being dumb. I didn't look at stats for flamebellow. it gave +6 to inferno. which make it level 36. Ignore my 1st paragraph.

3. prion

prion IncGamers Member

i don't agree with max block, blocking will be a major inconvenience because it will interupt your attack. high defense would be preferable, tho it still leaves you vulnerable to elemental attacks.

4. amphreded

thanks for the reply guys.

:( geez it sucks that flamebellow wouldnt allow lvl 48 inferno. otherwise the firedamage would be somewhat godly (for this build anyway).
    i'm now thinking about maxing firewall along with inferno. since i plan to use my merc and my friend paladin as shield, i can stand behind them and blow the fire out without getting hit that much, and firewall would be so handy to dispose monsters quickly since i've got tanks.
    for maxing block/defense, i'll probably go with prion for defense. i'm on lvl 38 right now and whenever i block something, the flame just doesnt connect. beside flamebellow would be two-handed and i cant use shield anyway (this is the most frustruating part, missing out all the bonuses on those unique shields).
    energy shield/telekenesis max sounds like a good idea. that way i max out inferno, warmth, firewall, firemastery, shield/telekinesis (probably 10 in each and let the +skills do the rest of job).
    for elemental attack, hopefully all my tanks will help that. and i might use charms and a 67allresist kira's guardian for resist/cantfroze socketed with a 5/5 firefacet.

5. deathslayer007

deathslayer007 Banned

my barb dual wields flamebellows and he has a natural lvl 39 inferno (550 damage with +15% fire ormus). But it still makes people go WTF all the time and fire sorcs are nothin to him. Thats the only char taht takes full advantage of Flamebellows.

6. amphreded

huh? so are u trying to say that barbs who use flamebellow are better than sorc who uses flamebellow? well it might be true cuz barbs are tougher and all that but sorc get static field and firemastery and synergy from warmth.

7. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

What if you used trang's set for the fire mastery.... and duel flame bellows... omg, that could be so fawking rawking!

8. amphreded

well you cant have fulltrang since trang's wing is equipable only by necromancer. but good idea though

9. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Plus skills will still work with this Barb Flamebellow build

10. amphreded

thats cool :eek:

11. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

a inferno build is nice, but very under powered compared to other sorc builds

12. Syphilis

Syphilis IncGamers Member

i have a lvl 80+ inferno sorc (i haven't played her for a long time)

the built was :
    32 (20) inferno (3.5k+ dmg)
    32 (20) warmth
    22 (10) fire mastery

9 (1) shiver armor
    28 (20) TS (1.5k dmg)
    23 (15) lit mastery
    9 (1) teleport
    + TS prereq

i'm not sure that dmg values are correct because i haven't check them for a long time.

with my defiance merc, i was just a little bellow 7k def (you can have more with the right gear), resists were 75/75/75/~40
    base dex, high str (for def), high vit, no nrg.

the range was impressive
    the damage is weaker than other skills but your inferno has piercing.

teleport back twice or three times so that they follow you in a line, then burn them 2 screens away. your merc will meet them so they don't interrupt you. less dmg than firewall on the paper, but they stay in the fire and you are burning several at once.

archers are a real pain.

the barb idea is fun but that's all : no synergy, no mastery ...> very low dmg.