Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Inferno: Example of how you the user is not respected ifra

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ElJefeII, Aug 12, 2005.

1. ElJefeII

ElJefeII Diabloii.Net Member

Inferno: Example of how you the user is not respected

Hi,

I wanted to say that my testing of inferno revealed a couple of things.

It showed that for one, it was never 1/3 the damage listed, it was always 1/2. this took a few minutes to test and proved so rather perfectly in my own tests.

Secondly it shows that the bug was never patched, it means also that Arctic blast is not patched, those are now two very cool and offbeat builds that are killed... which brings the 3rd point.

The repaired "game crash bugs" personally. Never once did i truly care if the game crashed, nor was it triggered by anything that a user did. If it did crash it was purely battlenet/network issues, and those were 1000's of times I would guess.

Inferno and arctic blast are tangible skills that I tested with the least amount of technology and expertise at hand in about 10 minutes total. They were broken in 1.10 and in 1.11, years have gone by since 1.10 was installed and beta tested.

They dont bother to fix a tangible obvious bug that ruins some core aspect of character building in the game. That means that blizzard disrespects you and doesnt care about your dedication to them. Oh no youll say.... bah. It is true, they dont respect you or me and never did.

Look at guildwars!! they patch that hourly sometimes. Some will say it was "designed" to be patched more often and harder to cheat, eh no on both, as the funds and the manpower behind D2 makes guild wars look miniscule. They could have patched it several times a week, and would have loved it. I was so happy to see the globe loading up long ago from patches or that delay that possibly signaled a tiny hidden patch(they happened sometimes without you seeing it) BUT! They just dont care about you, they want to force you to buy new products only, throwing you a diseased bone to dryly suck on and demand thanks for a patch that did hardly a thing for the game or for the users, and didnt address many of the issues. Oh i know, it kicked more cheaters out. Hm, they let cheaters in for like 5 years, so I wouldnt really call that respect. I call that the destruction of a supporting economy. D2 was being partially supported by people who liked to hack and buy hacked items. I know personally as my friend here in NY is buying a 2nd home with money from users buying items from him.And it's a home in NY near the city, that's a lot of hex charms and perfect ethereal bugged whatevers. I see the knocking out of the hacking as killing a large portion of the current users and the current economy that motivates people to play and gain more stuff. It's like consumerism driving the country here in the USA, it has more power than idea's or goals or fun, its 1/3 our gross national product.

So killing hacks and such really I feel was that the old blizzard employees and friends of blizzard are so fat from making cash on the side from this (120-350 thousand dollars is the estimate for the first 2-3 years for a duper/mass sellers annual income in diablo2).... that well its now either banned or old hat, or risky or something, or they just grew so big they can retire with ease that they pulled the plug on it all (or else just made them the soul source as many people who mass buy sell believe) and so, you have your hack/dupe patches.

remember, private dupes have not been patched in 3 years, I know this well from the big buyers and sellers that dont even use ebay to control their flow of items and profits (it got too crazy to watch little bids all day). The PUBLIC patches are only patched, and the PUBLIC bots are patched, but the small unique ones never get touched, yet those run the economy....

bah if i could explain more I would, but this always used to get deleted by someoen on here. probably involved.

bah. fed up. i loved the game.

2. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel Diabloii.Net Member

:idea:
    You are FBI agent under cover, right!?!

:howdy:

3. ElJefeII

yes indeed. :thumbsup:

really pissed at this damn company.

4. Liliel

Liliel Diabloii.Net Member

Y'know what's worse? I don't think the enemy's inferno is bugged.

5. lonnie913

lonnie913 Diabloii.Net Member

i think game crashes need to be fixed b/c sometimes they can be exploited to allow duping of items. i do agree with you that it sucks they didnt fix inferno or artic blast. even worse, there is a legion of spearazon fans who have been waiting YEARS for fend to be fixed :lol: .

6. ElJefeII

wow that hasnt been fixed yet?????????????

7. RetroStar

RetroStar Diabloii.Net Member

Unfortunately not.

8. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy Diabloii.Net Member

I think Diablo is no longer bringing any new revenue to Blizzard at all. Indeed it costs money for Blizzard to maintain the servers that we all play on. Let's just be grateful for what we do have. The $50 I've spent on the game YEARS ago has already been repaid many times over.