Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Inferno Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by the Langolier, May 27, 2012.

1. Sephyron

Sephyron Diabloii.Net Member

Strange, im also playing in inferno and i'd say they are definitly OP, needed? Yes but OP.

2. Killafornia

Killafornia Diabloii.Net Member

Everyone else gets 2 shotted and their cooldowns are waaaayyyy longer. Demonhunter facerolls inferno with way less difficulty then other classes. It's a fact, just because you have problems means nothing. Act 1 is nothing, and if you are having problems as a DH then you should probably go back to hell and do a few runs. As soon as you break 15k dps come back and faceroll act 1.

3. FireIceTalon

FireIceTalon Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, I do more than 15k dps, but that means little when you get 2-shotted by virtually any elite/champion pack. The point is, we shouldnt be being 2-shotted in the first place.

Fact of the matter is, Inferno is a broken system that takes all control away from the player, to the point where the game isnt fun anymore....nor is it even challenging, because the challenge is "artificial". Rather, it is TEDIOUS, and when a game is tedious, that is indication of a broken system. Look, I am not the only one saying this. The fact there has been 10 trillion threads on this topic means that is indication there is flaws in Blizz's design/concept. They need to go back to the drawing board, nuff said.

You're having an easy time in Inferno? We don't believe you, you need more people, as Jay Z once said. And even if you are, again, you (not I) would be in the minority on this as the topics on this forum show. Most people play games for fun, not to do chores.

4. Killafornia

I agree 100% with your point all except for the point you are trying to make about act 1. I'm telling you that act 1 inferno on a demon hunter above 15k dps is easy. You can prevent any dmg that comes at you and you can break every CC in the game with smoke screen. As a demon hunter the only mob that should give you any problem is fast ones. If you think act 1 is hard you should probably just quit for now. As it is you won't be able to do squat in act 2.

5. FireIceTalon

Yea, I've heard the horror stories of Act 2 Inferno. Probably won't be bother with it until I get around 40K DPS, and roughly same health I suppose.

6. Eagle

Eagle Diabloii.Net Member

Who says it's the same people complaining? I'm loving it.

7. Killafornia

Don't even worry about health, just stack DPS. Health does nothing in act 2. Just kill fast and kite/skip elites.

8. FireIceTalon

Meh, just ran into a Waller/Jailer/Molten/Reflect dmg pack. Had absolutely no chance at victory. Rage quitted.

This is Blizz's wonderful idea of a challenge folks. Making impossible to beat 70% of the mobs you face to the point where you want your money back. This is almost as bad as the Nintendo games from the 80's.

9. Killafornia

When you play the game of farming, you either win or you die.

10. the Langolier

the Langolier Diabloii.Net Member

FIT, it's been a long time.

I totally agree with you here. This kind of gameplay is a joke. I find it amusing that the development team that spent the last 4 years preached against the cheesy, one-shot mechanics of Diablo 2 does basically the same thing in Diablo 3. Regardless if you've got the DPS necessary for any act of Inferno, it's just not fun.

I really question the replayability of Diablo 3. In general, I think the developers found that once players beat the game they had almost no desire to keep playing the same character. It feels like the game has artificial replayability that comes from the necessity to grind not because the game is inherently fun, but because the player is driven to progress to the end.

PS If anyone knows how to farm, it's FIT, believe me. The guy legitimately got at least 8 characters to level 50 in Diablo 1.

11. FireIceTalon

Heya Eso, long time^^

Man, it is really a shame the joke that Inferno is, because besides this (and maybe a few other small things that could be tweaked), D3 really is a great game. Inferno just kills the experience though - it relies on the same flawed mechanics that Nintendo did (although much of it was unintentional in their case, back then game designing was nowhere near advanced like it is today), that takes complete control away from the player. Truth be told, the problem actually starts in hell mode, although purchasing an item or two from the AH can help u get through that difficulty.

But on Inferno, just FARMING the gold to use the AH so you can improve your char is incredibly tedious in itself. Almost every corner you turn, one of those silly OP, un-killable champion packs sits there and cant wait to have the pleasure of 2-shotting you. It really sucks.

My DH is on the Leoric quest. Right now, I guess I have pretty good DPS for this quest (around 24k), but it matters not when every elite/champion pack just kills you in 2 hits, and uses their traits so you that you are GUARANTEED death. In hell mode, these packs were tedious, but I'm finding in Inferno that many of them are just downright indestructible. So when people tell me to just farm better gear, I laugh, because farming itself on Inferno is just as bad as trying to play through it. It wouldnt be so bad if the packs werent so common, but they are present everywhere you turn, there is one waiting for you - it's pretty obnoxious really.

Supposedly, they are going to nerf it some, but it is my opinion that it needs to be nerfed quite extensively. You could reduce the monsters dmg and health probably by 50%, eliminate some of the traits (vortex and invulnerable minions MUST go), as well make it so that certain traits cannot spawn together. The game would still have PLENTY of challenge to it, without it being a complete tedious joke like it is now.

BTW, you can see my D1 chars here: http://www.tristr.am/character.php?userid=26
    I did make around 8 lvl 50 chars, but kept only my original 3. All perfect/near perfect gear. Would love to do the same thing here on D3, but not sure it will be possible unless some things are very drastically changed.

The sad thing is, old veterans like me and you get called noobs by these youngsters that think Blizz can do no wrong, when we were setting the standard on D1 and making the Diablo series what it was, and they were still in grade school.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  12. Killafornia

Obviously not, I run from karzha barricade to butcher kill with less DPS and clear every pack. So he doesn't know how to farm this game. He might be the best d1 player alive, but if he is having problems with molten waller jailer in act 1 then he isn't very good.

13. FireIceTalon

^^I doubt it.

Only Blizz fanboys/trolls do not see the flaw and broken system that is Inferno difficulty. I know how to farm, I just dont like tedious games that aren't any fun (which is what Inferno is - no fun), and I think almost any reasonable gamer would agree. And then, the few champion packs that actually can be killed, are just long boring fights where you kite all day. Yawn. If this is Blizz's idea of challenging us, they need to go back to the drawing board.

It has nothing to do with my skill level, just the fact I even unlocked Inferno is in itself indication I know what I am doing, and all the more so considering a very puny population of the D3 community is even there yet, let alone far into it. Inferno suffers from the same faulty mechanics and ideology of video games of the 80's: they remove all control from the player by creating an "artificial" difficulty system to use it as an excuse to blame the player, when it is really a design flaw that is at work. Being 2-shotted and not being able to do anything about it has nothing to do with a players skill level, and everything to do with a faulty system. Period.

14. Darkmere

Darkmere Diabloii.Net Member

This thread delivers... basically everything. It's the entire internet in a nutshell.

15. CondorHeroes

CondorHeroes Diabloii.Net Member

People must have gotten too use to their enigma, ctas. infinitys and hotos.

Diablo II in Hell was quiet difficult for untwinked.

Basically unless you went cookie cutter hdin or necro summoner you were going to run into things that was basically unkillable.

16. nailertn

nailertn Diabloii.Net Member

I'm with ShadoutMapes on this one, imagine D2 with inferno difficulty. Would you have stopped playing after beating it? Besides only a small minority will ever kill Diablo, I doubt they are the focus of any design decision.

While that is quite obvious from his posts, you are wasting your time here. You either make him feel bad or he keeps on embarrassing himself.

17. marshmallow

marshmallow Diabloii.Net Member

There are a couple things to touch on here. The first is that it's tricky to make a difficult Diablo game because the skill ceiling is incredibly low compared to most games -- it's all about gear. Tactics or mouse speed matter very little. So the only way to really challenge players who know what they're doing is to either make the monsters ridiculous or to make good items never drop, both which seem cheap.

As for not playing beyond beating the last boss, you saw this in D2 as well. Unless you for some reason enjoy the broken and laughably imbalanced PvP there's no reason to continue playing because youv'e already conquered the content with that class. There's no other goal than to get more items, which only trivialize the difficulty even more. For whatever reason D3 is stripping this illusion away, maybe because the items are just that much more boring, or maybe because you're not a teenager with nothing else to do anymore. If nothing else there are a lot of good games to be found, so I don't think wanting to just play one forever and ever is really the best idea. YMMV.

18. mr punk

mr punk Diabloii.Net Member

i agree except for part of the last sentence. no matter how ridiculous they make the monsters. they should still lose the battle of abstraction once the player gets "good items", but you're right about making "good items" difficult to obtain for the player makes the game more difficult (well, assuming the player never uses AH).

19. Killafornia

Yep it's broken and stupid for every class, except demon hunter. Use smoke screen to break any CC with only a 3 second cool down. It's easy. That's why demon hunters are finding inferno easy compared to other classes. Perhaps your build is bad, perhaps you just don't know how to play it. Beating hell is easy it's not a bragging right, unless you do it hardcore. Maybe only 2% have done it, but I'd call that a time constraint not a skill one. Hell is easier on d3 then it is on d2 un-twinked.