Infernal Maiden (Theory Guide)

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
Infernal Maiden (Theory Guide)

Yeah I named it off the top of my head, but I had a crazy idea for a Sorceress build. An absolutely awesome crazy idea.

Your basic setup will be an Enchantress. Max Warmth, Enchant, Fire Mastery especially.

Equip yourself with a Phoenix shield. Yes, I know the block rate isn't very good, but you have this equipped for the CTC Firestorm. That coupled with Fire Mastery will actually do some damage. Plus Phoenix has -enemy fire resist.

Now, it has come to my attention that Firestorm will interrupt your attack and give you a nasty cast delay, where you won't be able to attack again. Natural solution is one thats pretty useful: Use an uninterruptible attack. Like Zeal. Runeword a Passion.

Grab yourself some Fire Facets and I think you're all set.

Any comments, critiques, suggestions?

Note, my original idea was to make this on a Druid, synergize the Firestorm and whatnot, but I like to be a Wolf and Wolves can't use Zeal... or any uninterruptible attack for that matter.

TheBe

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it will take ages to do that. How much damage it will actually take (too lazy to count ;D)? And if you have to hit every single enemy to kill him (many times if damage is low). I also think about max warmth. Why? Few points there (usually 1) is enough to give you mana, or you could stick insight to merc or drink few mana pots, since there are enemies that have mana burn, and it will take your mana down.

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
Max Warmth 'cause it synergizes Enchant, dude.

Actually Dragon would probably work like this too, if you take the time to synergize Hydra (Since Dragon has CTC Hydra). You're only using 60 for the Enchant build, so the extra 40 could be useful. Plus Fire Mastery will beef the Holy Fire by a ton.

Unless you want to invest in Energy Shield or a Cold Armor that is.

Maccat

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds like a very interesting build. I would definitely like to see it in action. I think it would be more advisable to maybe use the dragon but don't even bother synergizing it for the hydra. I don't think the damage would be nearly enough, the CtC is very low if I remember correctly, and it requires too many points that could be used to save your tail. I like your build so far but I'd put:

20 Warmpth
20 Enchant
20 Fire Mastery
20 Telekenesis
1+ Energy Shield
1 Cold Armor (I like the cold armor best, lower defence but for PvM the freeze looks more appealing)
1 Static

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm thinking about investing in Blaze just for the hell of it, actually, and going the Dragon route. You don't see many Blaze sorcs out there, and if you stack Blaze on itself enough its actually a pretty viable skill. That plus being a melee sorc will be tons of fun, and you'll look freaking AWESOME to boot.

After that I'm thinking of chucking the remaining 20 points into Lightening Mastery and a point in Thunderstorm, and if I ever get lucky enough to get ahold of them, keep some Dreams in my stash. Instant switch from a Maiden of Flame to a Maiden of Thunder. Seems like a good idea considering how many Fire Immunes there are.

I could be Dream AND Dragon at the same time of course, but I'm all about themed builds, and I think it'll look stupid. I'd rather be pure Fire or pure Lightning. This is also why I'm reluctant to use a Phoenix, I don't think the Redemption will fit too well with the fire theme.

Any suggestions for the remaining 20 points other than another mastery?

So far, I've decided on this:

20 Enchant
20 Warmth
20 Fire Mastery
20 Blaze
1 Teleport
1 Static
1+ Prereqs
Rest?

Passion weapon, Dragon armor and Shield, unsure of other equipment but I'll likely go for the staples, probably some Magefist gloves, maybe a Rising Sun ammy... Socket everything possible with Fire Facets. Two-handed Passion on switch for a decent Berserk to deal with PI's.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds like a very interesting build. I would definitely like to see it in action. I think it would be more advisable to maybe use the dragon but don't even bother synergizing it for the hydra. I don't think the damage would be nearly enough, the CtC is very low if I remember correctly, and it requires too many points that could be used to save your tail. I like your build so far but I'd put:

20 Warmpth
20 Enchant
20 Fire Mastery
20 Telekenesis
1+ Energy Shield
1 Cold Armor (I like the cold armor best, lower defence but for PvM the freeze looks more appealing)
1 Static
Why not slap that Passion on a Druid and just Zeal unshifted? They could get up to +960% damage on the Fissure (thanks to synergies), while a Sorc could only get maybe a third of that through Fire Mastery.

20 Warmpth
20 Enchant
20 Fire Mastery
20 Telekenesis
1+ Energy Shield
1 Static
I've made a Dragon Sorc with synergized Hydra, and it worked great. Dual Dragons, Max Fire Bolt/Ball/Mastery. Once you manage to stack a few Hydras, they kill great, easily dealing several thousand damage per second (fully synergized slvl 15 Hydra with slvl 20 FM = 569 damage per bolt, times 3 bolts per second = 1707 damage per second per hydra if they all hit. If you stack the Hydras 6-deep, that's over 10,000 damage per second to any monster stupid enough to try to rush you).

For extra points, there's lots of things you could do. You could Max Warmth and keep a Demon Limb on switch (for synergized Enchant charges), or you could forget Warmth and just max Enchant for the AR boost, relying mostly on the Hydra and Holy Fire to kill. Enchant's damage really isn't necessary, you're more concerned about its AR. Or you could max LM and go with Dreams, or you could max a Frozen Orb and use that. You could even use Shiver Armor and try to max your defense, although it'll be hard because Dragons have crummy defense.

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Destruction

5 Socket Polearms/Swords

Vex + Lo + Ber + Jah + Ko

23% Chance To Cast Level 12 Volcano On Striking
5% Chance To Cast Level 23 Molten Boulder On Striking
100% Chance To Cast level 45 Meteor When You Die
15% Chance To Cast Level 22 Nova On Attack
+350% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 100-180 Magic Damage
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
20% Chance Of Crushing Blow
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 To Dexterity
I understand you need something uninterruptable, but you can get two more synergised fire spells with a high chance to proc from destruction.

You could try enlightenment for your armor:
Enlightenment (Sorceress)

3 Socket Body Armor

Pul + Ral + Sol

5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Blaze When Struck
5% Chance To Cast level 15 Fire Ball On Striking
+2 To Sorceress Skill Levels
+1 To Warmth (Sorceress Only)
+30% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +30%
Damage Reduced By 7
Two more (maybe minor) fire CTCs.

Hellmouth gauntlets will compliment everything else, although their CTC is small:
Hellmouth
War Gauntlets

Defense: 135-162 (varies)(Base Defense: 43-53)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 110
Durability: 39

+150-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
4% Chance To Cast Level 12 Firestorm On Striking
2% Chance To Cast Level 4 Meteor On Striking
+15 Fire Absorb
Adds 15-72 Fire Damage
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
Why not slap that Passion on a Druid and just Zeal unshifted?
I'm sure thats an excellent option, but I base by builds primarily on looks along with functionality. And frankly, Druids look rediculous if they melee when not in wereform, especially if they do it rapidly.

I think I'm going to either go with my above build and throw 20 in Lightening mastery for some Dreams, or synergize Hydra to enhance the CTC.

Speaking of Hydra, will Fire Mastery be applied to them twice like it does with Enchant? Like, applied once on summoning, and then applied again every time they shoot a fire bolt or something like that? Also, are their fire bolts directly related to YOUR fire bolts? Meaning will synergizing fire bolt give you a "hidden" Hydra enhancement?

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm sure thats an excellent option, but I base by builds primarily on looks along with functionality. And frankly, Druids look rediculous if they melee when not in wereform, especially if they do it rapidly.

I think I'm going to either go with my above build and throw 20 in Lightening mastery for some Dreams, or synergize Hydra to enhance the CTC.

Speaking of Hydra, will Fire Mastery be applied to them twice like it does with Enchant? Like, applied once on summoning, and then applied again every time they shoot a fire bolt or something like that? Also, are their fire bolts directly related to YOUR fire bolts? Meaning will synergizing fire bolt give you a "hidden" Hydra enhancement?
Nope and nope.

First, double-mastery. No such luck. The following skills are the ONLY skills in the entire game that will get double-boosted: Enchant, Venom, Holy Fire, Holy Freeze, Holy Shock. They will only get double-boosted when you perform a melee attack, too- if you use a ranged attack, they only get the mastery benefit once (upon casting), since mastery does not apply to ranged attacks.

Second, fire bolts. Nope, no hidden Hydra property. Hydra's fire bolts only do what they say they do. You could pump Meteor until the cows came home, but it wouldn't boost Hydra's damage any.

Sorry.:undecided:

TheBe

Diabloii.Net Member
Max Warmth 'cause it synergizes Enchant, dude.
Ok, I was just too lazy to check it out:tongue: . This looks really fun build. Meaby I try it some day.:rolleyes:

Please, I'd like to hear some comments when it's done?:laugh:

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
Nope and nope.

First, double-mastery. No such luck. The following skills are the ONLY skills in the entire game that will get double-boosted: Enchant, Venom, Holy Fire, Holy Freeze, Holy Shock. They will only get double-boosted when you perform a melee attack, too- if you use a ranged attack, they only get the mastery benefit once (upon casting), since mastery does not apply to ranged attacks.

Second, fire bolts. Nope, no hidden Hydra property. Hydra's fire bolts only do what they say they do. You could pump Meteor until the cows came home, but it wouldn't boost Hydra's damage any.

Sorry.:undecided:
Makes sense. Otherwise we'd be seeing godly Hydra sorcs everywhere I imagine.

Murderface

Diabloii.Net Member

20 Warmpth
20 Enchant
20 Fire Mastery
20 Telekenesis
1+ Energy Shield
1 Static
Sounds fun, but what about fire immunes. I understand that its more of a fun build, but there's a hell of a lot of fire immunes in the game.

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
In my case I was planning to go for an all-out melee Sorceress. A TitanSorc, if you will, to also maximize my physical damage. I'm not really into having EVERYTHING geared toward your health. And yes I know its an important stat, but this build is for fun.

So for the Fire Immunes, I'm probably going to use Berserk. I'm really interested in the idea of a Berserker Sorc so I'm going to give it a shot.

dymi

Diabloii.Net Member
Berserker Titan Sorc with Phenix shield. Hmmmmm very fragile. No life, no defense, no block