Infamous Drop Game

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
Infamous Drop Game

I was just wondering if anyone had done this?

I have seen them posted but have never gone in seeing how i figure it is a scam of some kind.

I figure someone is running a pickit mod or hack and can just grab the items with no problem.

Has anyone ever really gotten anything out of a drop game or lost something cool because of it?

Gibbzilla

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I used to go in them all the time back in the 1.08 era. I got(and lost) some pretty nice stuff in those games, but there's no way I would consider entering one now.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Obviously they're up to something.

There are a lot of surprising tricks/ hacks people can use... not only limited to what you've listed.

I'd only go into those games with my necro and the Iron Golem hotkey.

Lord Nyax

Banned
Thing is, people think that it's acceptable to drop stuff like chipped gems, TP tomes, all that jazz...then they fully expect you to drop your Griffs or Enigma or Hoto or whatever BS...just don't go in. It would be amazingly funny to get a Fort Golem or something...but not worth the time investment.

BloZ

Diabloii.Net Member
It's so easy to scam in drop games.

Someone may be using a hack to grab all items, use townteleport, lag can occur, CI's, Iron Golems (not only from Necromancers but also from items...) and all other things: it's just too risky.

I joined those games before, but now I'm too afraid of scams (even though I never lost anything).

kavehtabriaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Obviously they're up to something.

There are a lot of surprising tricks/ hacks people can use... not only limited to what you've listed.

I'd only go into those games with my necro and the Iron Golem hotkey.
i do it with my paladin using metal grid. my best score so far is hoto and ss.
they are like : what the heck u are pally not a necro , how did u do it haxor.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah.. too bad I think the Golem will disappear when you leave the game though. =(

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
the whole point is that people come in and bring some pretty good gear.

people randomly start dropping gear down you try an get it while dropping gear of your own.

usually rares are involved. i guess people are dropping runes and runewords now.

the problem is that mods and hacks like pickit automatically pick up items you don't have to click on them so you can lose a lot of good gear.

also if you get some bum who drops a tp or an identify scroll and grabs your good stuff there is nothing you can do about it.

basically it is suppose to be a pile up of equipment and you grab what you can.

of course then there is the bum who doesn't drop anything runs in and grabs the good stuff then leaves.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Why would anyone deliberately do something like that, unless they were a bum with tp scrolls?

Well, maybe if you were doing it with a group of people you trusted.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
If someone is offering you a chance to get rich, what they mean is they are offering you a chance to give them all your stuff.

Never trust a single person you meet in public battlenet.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Dondrei said:
Why would anyone deliberately do something like that, unless they were a bum with tp scrolls?
Which is why the majority of those games end up with a bunch of people standing around doing nothing.

Lord Nyax

Banned
Which is why the majority of those games end up with a bunch of people standing around doing nothing.
What he said...plus, all of them are *****ing at you to drop better stuff, faster.

However, there are lots of fun things to do in these games. The best of these things goes as follows:
  1. Wait for 7 people to join game
  2. Drop a single fairly good item, i.e. Spirit Monarch (on Ladder, of course)
  3. Pick it up before they can take it. You now have lost nothing but gained their attention. Their undivided attention. Every single player in the game is now willing to follow you like a lost puppy, hoping that you'll drop another item.
  4. Run around in circles until you're bored. It's endlessly funny to see 7 players doing their best to keep up with someone. It's even better if you ahve tons of FR/W so that none of them can even remotely keep up with you...it's so fun to crush the hopes and dreams of people you don't know. :smiley:

PFS

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry, but can someone please explain exactly what happens in these games and why anyone would do it.

At the moment I have the impression that everyone stands in a circle, drops an item each then everyone runs to grab some item that someone dropped?