Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Inexpensive Uber Killer Char

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by bryvx, Apr 25, 2008.

1. bryvx

bryvx IncGamers Member

Inexpensive Uber Killer Char

Hi this is a cheap way to kill the Ubers and get a torch.

This character is a smiter and i have soloed all the ubers with him. It is good for a new character to make this guy because he is cheap and can take on Diablo Clone if your lucky enough to get him. I have had it when i have just started the ladder again and i get Diablo Clone in my private game but can't kill him.

Items Needed:

Draculs Grasp
    Treachery Armor (Shael Thul Lem)
    RavenFrost (Unique Ring)
    Black Flail (Thul Io Nef)
    Spirit Elite Paladin Shield (Tal Thul Ort Amn)
    Wand of Life Tap (or staff/dagger)

Cheap helpful to have items:

Gulliams Face (Set Winged Helm)
    Gore Rider (Unique War Boots)
    Rockstopper (Unique Sallet)

-----------------------------------------------------

As you can see, the most expensive item needed is Draculs Grasp and Maybe the Lem Rune. The following is on why i have chosen the needed items and/or how they can be obtained.

Draculs Grasp
    The life tap is absolutly necessary and you wont have enough time to cast it manually (from marrowwalk for example) when killing Uber Meph.

Treachery Armor (Shael Thul Lem)
    Treachery is a great armor for the ubers. But before going in to kill them you need to activate the Level 15 Fade on them by getting hit a few times. Level 15 fade is so good because it gives:
    79% reduced curse duration
    60% Resist All
    15% Damage Reduction
    The fade will last nearly 5 minutes but by then it would be re-triggered by the ubers hitting you. Make it out of a 3 socket Exceptional/Elite armor with about the same strenght requirement for the Elite Paladin Spirit shield your going to use.

RavenFrost
    Raven Frost is great for pvm and it's quite a common ring. It is mainly needed for the cannot be frozen attribute so you "could" use a death sash instead. But Ravenfrost (Preferably use two) has good dex so you can max block easier and the 20% cold absorb. Use good cold/lightning resist rings or stat rings if you can't obtain ravenfrosts.

Black Flail (Thul Io Nef)
    Black is an extreamly cheap runeword. Don't go around trying to trade for a 3 socket flail, they can be purchased from Act2 normal's blacksmith. The main reason for using it is because of the 40% crushing Blow (which is really the only thing which damages the Ubers) and the 15% attack speed. Just make sure to have it fully repaired before fighting one.

Spirit Elite Paladin Shield
    One with as much resist possible would be good. Just make sure it's Elite. You can just find a normal one and use the socket quest to get 4 sockets.

Wand of Life Tap
    Buy from Act5 Malah or whatever, use on 2nd weapon.

The Build:

Strenght: As much needed to use your highest strenght item
    Dex: As much needed to have max block with holy shield.
    Vit: As much as possible
    Energy: None

Skills: Max Smite, Max Holy shield, Max Fant, 1 on Salvation, Rest on Defaince
    Level: 70+

Tactic for killing Ubers in Tristram:

Go into a way point and get hit until you fade skill triggers.
    Walk into the Tristram portal and head North East (top right) corner. Walk along the edge (Clockwise) of the map until you reach the most right part of the area. Our aim is to attract Mephisto first, he is the hardest. Step one step to the left slowly, then again and again until you see Mephisto's Skeletons Summoned around you. Meph will come in about a second later. Have you Life tap wand ready and cast it on him then Quickly flip back to your Black Flail and Spirit Shield. Depending on your resistances with conviction on you, you will use fantasism or Salvation. Beat the hell out of meph. Your life will look like a yoyo but you "shouldn't" die. If you do, i suggest rejoin and get you fade back on b4 going for a 2nd attempt. Once meph dies you can take on diablo and baal together if you want. Just only attack them, not the minions and have about 6 mana potions with you because of the specters and baals mana drain. You may want to re-cast life tap on baal/diablo before hitting them like you did on meph. Grab the torch and exit. Good Luck

Some Suggestions:

Ammy: All resist ammy, or +1/2 to pally skills (maras is ideal but expensive)
    Boots: Gore rider is best because of the open wounds and crushing but you can just get stat boots or ones with good lightning/cold resist.
    Charms: +life, +resist ones. Fill your inventory nearly full with them. They don't need to be good ones. Just have atleast 2 spots to grab torch.
    Helm: I prefer rockstopper to Gulliams, your aim is about 60-70% crushing blow so if you dont have Gore rider use Gulliams. Kiras is ok also.

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: Inexpensive Uber Killer Char

Sorry to say this, but this is covered in the 1pt smite guide.

3. bryvx

bryvx IncGamers Member

My one says a lot of different things, such as Treachery and Black Flail. This is just a simple, cheap and quick proven way to kill ubers. I did no cover such items mentioned in the 1pt smiter guide like Goblin Toe or the different variations of shields that could be used. But for a cost of draculs and lem rune. it's not to bad is it?

4. BAMFSpecialOps

No its not bad, I wasn't trying to bash you, just pointing out.

5. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

I think that Heaven's Light > Black because it doesn't need any extra IAS to get to the last breakpoint. Higher smite damage AND good zeal damage, which more than makes up for 7% less CB.

6. BAMFSpecialOps

Black is cheaper usually, and a great weapon.

7. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Umm the one points smiter guide says both of those. Maybe not black in a flail, why a flail anyway? But it does suggest treachery for prebuffing and black in the cheap section.

Why did you suggest spirit shield? Its a caster shield, a griswolds shield with 3 pdiamonds is way better than spirit. FCR and more mana is worthless for a smiter, and the 2 skills doesn't do anything. Griswold is like 5pgems and considering a good resist elite pally shield is pretty expensive.

8. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

On Useast Griswold set shield actualy is much more expensive than 5 pgems (seen trades for pul-um on these) and as a sugestion for shields, a elite paladin shield with 2os and some resists with rhyme runeword works and will leave open ring choices(but for cheap ravens still are good).
    HellPlayer

9. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

A +2 skill, low ED Heaven's Light is very affordable, it just needs to have two sockets.

10. bryvx

bryvx IncGamers Member

i suggest spirit because its extremly cheap and has resist, dont forget +2 skills which is needed because u wont have much +skills

11. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

You are better off socketing 4xPdiamonds in an elite pally shield.

12. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

There is absolutely no need for +skills for a uber smiter, on mine I have a total of 0 skills and do it fine.

13. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

An even cheaper alternative for black would be Crushflange (33 CB, +50 fire res, +15 STR), this is so you don't kill yourself over an Io rune (not the most common rune) Socket with Shael to compensate for the slower attack speed
    The Spirit gives all resist except Fire (here's where the Crushflange helps)

Also the Spirit provides 22 Vita (66 extra life)

Not sure about the heaven's light pricing though. Also for resists, how about a Smoke? give constantly 50 res all, so you don't have to worry about trigerring.
    Lum is also more common than Lem. True... yo u lose 45 IAS... but just wondering if these would work.

And what's with 20 points in Smite? Is it worth it? Why?

14. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

I guess because his build is a pure Smiter. I don't see where he would employ better those skills anyway. Since he's wielding a Flail, Zeal is out of question.

15. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I see the pure smiter point, I just read that for ubers you don't need max smite...

Why is Zeal out of question with a flail? And if so, he could use a different weapon to deal with the minions.

16. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Flail's are incredibly slow thats why, a PB is soo fast compared to a flail.

17. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

Well, they both display as "very fast attack speed", what's the actual speeds -10 and -20 or what?

Also is phase blades are faster... is there a speed difference between phase/dimentional plade and plain Crystal swords? I say this mostly for the clvl/str/dex requirement.

18. Noite Escura

When he mantioned Flail, I take it he means the normal item and that would do negligible damage with Zeal. Phase Blades have a speed of -30 while Crystal/Dimensional are 0 I think. Flail/Scourge/Knout all are -10.

19. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

Thanks for the speeds.

I was actually wondering, if I ever find a Lo, what weapon should I use to make Grief. I only want one Grief that might be muled to other characters, so I want to make it more versatile.

You just answered my question, -30 speed is really great.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the displayed speeds are as follows:

30 - very slow
    20 - slow
    10 - normal
    0 - fast
    -10 - very fast
    -20 - very fast (faster than above)
    -30 - very fast (faster than above)

20. Noite Escura

I don't remember seeing a 30 speed weapon. I think very slow starts at 20. Also different character types have bonuses penalties for different types of weapons I believe, but I'm not expert in that area. Maybe asking in the statistic forum is a better idea.