Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Indestructable iron golem?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by jm8103, May 30, 2005.

1. jm8103

jm8103 Diabloii.Net Member

Indestructable iron golem?

Hi..i'm practically all new to playing a necro, so bear with me pls

I just got the iron golem skill and as the golem get the proporeties from the weapon its made of I was wondering if i could make an immortal one by making it out of the indestructable wizardspike??
    has aonyone tried this or is there another thread where is could the ansver (have tried, but couldn't find any)

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares Diabloii.Net Member

can't do it, won't work

and welcome to the world of necromancy

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares Diabloii.Net Member

wow, 3-4 minute delayed double post, my internet is flyin high

4. batuchka

batuchka Diabloii.Net Member

Well wizzy has 75res all and that IG is virtually elemental immune :p Most people look for mods like crushing blow, high damage, etc when making iron golems. I liked Bonesayer Blade Gothic Axe IG for its ed vs undead and holy bolt and spiky was like an unjust god during pindle runs hehe

5. waflob

waflob Diabloii.Net Member

I did try this some time ago (not with wizzy, but an indestructable axe). Sadly, it didn't work. As I now understand it, using something indestructable would only prevent the golem getting worn out from use, which it doesn't anyway.

Popular choices are a good res pally shield, making it immune to elemental damage, or as previously mentioned, an item with lots of cb.

DelBoy

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

Don't waste a wizzy for the Res. It only takes a little res all and Summon Resist to make an IG completely immune to the elements. I finally found a Woe Stave and plan on trying it out. Unfortunately, I think it blinds which is going to be annoying when it cancels out amp damage, but I suspect all that other stuff it does is pretty darn cool. Also, armor from the whitstan's set gives static field when struck. That will add up to a lot of damage return in Hell.

7. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid Diabloii.Net Member

Nice thought but sadly it doesnt work (like most people have already established). Not that I use iron golem that much but I find ik mauls to be effective, theyre cheap and fairly easy to find.

8. Izo Huio

Izo Huio Diabloii.Net Member

It personally makes me sick that people find these so called brilliant weapons all the time and IG them.

Crushing Blow, Prevent Monster Heal, High Res... blah blah... basically, use something you would use when making a Barbarian, as he is, afterall... a Melee Minion...

9. omgimsoleet

omgimsoleet Diabloii.Net Member

J/w does +life weapons and stuff give + life to the golem?

Also, what is the iron golem's hp on lvl 20? and around lvl 30?

fire golem around 30 is about 5K, and iron at lvl 12 ish is also 5k o_O

10. Damric

Damric Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, +life items will increase Iron Golem's life, but not worthwhile. Iron and Fire golems get life boosts from points in Golem Mastery and hard points in Blood Golem. I don't reccomend Blood Golem points to boost golems though. In normal/nightmare/hell they have different life values. I have one hard point in Iron Golem with over lvl 40 Golem Mastery, giving my Iron around 10,000 life in hell. Of course, gumby can have way more than that though. My Mana-golem isn't fully indestructable, but he usually only dies when I do.

11. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

lol, iron golem is already industructible with elite items + high lvl golem mastery. My amn'amn' ik maul iron golem never die to monster unless he got cursed by iron madien or i die.

iron madien can be offset by a simple life tap.

the thing u want from weapon is: it is two-handed, ias, life leech, deadly strike, crushing blow, prevent monster heal, AR, aura, and ethereal. (they just look awesome when summoning out with eth items. :clap: )