Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Increasing Max RES

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by triscuit, Feb 4, 2004.

1. triscuit

triscuit IncGamers Member

Increasing Max RES

What is the best equipment to increase max res? I know guardian angel is +15% max res but its not really a sorc armor. Do +max res charms exist?

2. fullgore

fullgore IncGamers Member

No, they don't.

3. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Why should it not be a sorc armour? The only thing that makes a heavy armour something you don't want is the decrease in run speed. And as a sorc you should NEVER run (Teleport anyone?)

4. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

apart from increased max res, faster blocking and increased chance of blokcing guardian angel is pretty useless. AR and +1 pala skills on a sorc? :D

Darkglow normal unqiue armor might be worth a try, but thats only +5% to max resists.
    Stats:
    +70-100% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    5% To Max Poison Resist
    5% To Max Cold Resist
    5% To Max Lightning Resist
    5% To Max Fire Resist
    +50 Defense vs. Melee
    +20 To Attack Rating
    All Resistances +10
    +3 To Light Radius

Thats about it. It cant occure on rare or magic items, crafted or jewels neither.

5. Hatoil

Hatoil IncGamers Member

Waterwalk +5 max fire, Infernostride +10 fire, Bramble +5 max cold, and don't forget Irathas set +10 max all. Irathas can be worn from level 15 and is superb to keep you alive in normal power acting and baalruns when you are low level! This set almost on it's own maxes all your resists for normal.

Surely there are even more items, these just came to mind.

6. tl998

tl998 Banned

TGods Vigor +10 to max lightning.
    Snowclash (some kind of belt) +10 to cold

7. Stiertje

Erm, +15% max resist is A LOT

And even a sorc can block, so faster blocking and increased chance to block save you quite some points in DEX, which you then can divert to VITA.

8. BlackTiger

BlackTiger IncGamers Member

I would say 75 res is good enough if you have absorb, Raven 20% cold absorb, Dwarf Star 15% fire, Wisp Project 10-20 light absorb, i think using rings for absorb are better than taking up a vital slot such as armor slot *shrugs*

9. Stiertje

True, but there are occasions when you'd like both. For instance when taking on Diablo Clone or when you're surrounded by Black Souls.

10. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Going from 75% to 90% res means a further damage reduction by 60%, going to 95% means 80% less damage taken from elemental attacks. Someone with 95% elemental resist will be able to take five times more hits than someone with 75%, that's a huge difference. Also, at resist this high, MDR or straight absorb totally outshine absorb %. With 95%res and healthy MDR (think around 20) you probably won't take damage at all from most elemental attacks.

11. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Hmm, gotta try out Guardian Angel then.
    Though i am not absolutly convinced that this huge damage reduction wont slow you down to much, since you could get better mods from other armor. Not to forget about reaching your fast-cast breakpoint.

But those obstacles could probably be erased.

A good build to see with this -> Meteorb, with max-block 8)))
    Possibly combine this with wizard spike so you can reach 75% allres easily in hell.
    You would lack some +skills, but that would not be too crucial with a meterorb build.
    Idea for Items:
    Shako
    Wizzy
    Maras
    Guardian Angel (118 strs is quite a bit..)
    Visceratuant upgraded (72% blocking) / Stormshield (ok, str no problem if you go for that :p)
    Arachnid Mesh
    Ravenfrost
    Magefist
    Wartravellers (?)

you "only" get +5-6 skill that way, but you can do with that, also in 8-player games on Baal-runs.

if you sacrifice anymore you would be invincible but a rather slow killer, although your FCR is high (wizzy, arachnid, raeches 63%+). I'd like to give it a try. All i need to test his is out is a Guardian Angel :D
    Sold all i had...

Now where would you get MDR from?

12. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Gerke's. Yeah, it blocks a little slow, but around 50 res with pdia or um go a long way, 90% max doesn't help if you reach only 30-40 in Hell. Wizzy+Anya+Gerkes are 155res all in an instant, I socketed my Wizzy with a 15% jewel, which nets me 170res all from just shield, weapon and quests. Throw in a nice Prisma Ammy or Maras if you are rich and you are set at 190-200. Stack up on res charms and Um the Harle to get around 250-280 stacked for those conviction gloams and LR casting OKs.