Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Increased Material Stack Sizes in Patch 2.2.0

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

Increased Material Stack Sizes in Patch 2.2.0

With the news of "[​IMG]cash for stash" coming "soon" to the Asian realm, fans brought up other inventory/stash space issues, and got some new info from a Blue. The Gift of Ramaladni will be stackable up to 100 in Patch 2.2.0. Great news if you've got some and a cruel kick in the nuts to players who can't seem to find one at all.

Increased Material Stack Sizes in Patch 2.2.0:

If they can make rift stones, trial stones and ramaladni's stack higher then that would save a few more slots. Additionally, letting crafting mats stack higher would also be a big help (yes 5k is not enough when crafting ancient gear is involved).
    Tyvalir: We've heard from people who play the game frequently and have accumulated more Ramaladni's Gifts that these items are starting to take up more space in their stash, so starting in patch 2.2.0, we will be allowing them to stack up to 100.

Although we don't have plans right now to increase the stack size of the other items you mentioned, it would be helpful to hear from you all about any scenarios in particular that are causing you to run out of space more frequently.

Is it when you mass salvage items after running a series of Rifts, or when you don't have items you want to enchant or craft items for a long period of time? Something else in specific? [source]http://diablo.incgamers.com/blizzard-tracker/devthread/us/16411691116[/source]

I'm all for the Gift stacking. I don't have any extra yet in S2, but I had a fair number by the end of S1 and it was annoying to see a single material taking up as much space as did all of the LGems I didn't have equipped.

As for other stackables, what do you guys want? I'd definitely like to see higher stacks on Rift Keys; it's very easy to get over 100 when you're building up a new char and/or trying to find a RoRG with CC/CD/Sox, and it feels like wasted space with multiple stacks of 100.

I'm mostly okay with 5000 cap on the other mats, though I wouldn't mind it going to 10k. I never have more than 5000 white or blue mats (and agree with most who think they should drop more frequently) but I'm always well over 5000 Veiled Crystals without even picking up Rare items. But those I don't mind just throwing away or not bothering to pick up, since they're so common that I can refill quickly.

The thing that always feels like wasted space to me is the entire stash tab that's just small stuff. LGems, Keys, Organs, Rift Keys, GR Keys, gems, etc. The small stuff shouldn't take up as much space as big items of armor. It's like dropping a box coins and watching in horror as they spread out to cover the entire floor. Remember when Bliz said we might get a better commodities UI with materials stored seamlessly, like Gold and Shards are now? Or how about a Gem Pouch, which would basically be a stash tab purely for 1x1 gems and keys and such?
    Continue reading the Original Story

2. bluedragon

bluedragon IncGamers Member

that's a great news & it will help a lot when I finally start to find these gifts after 100 years probably

3. dezzo

dezzo IncGamers Member

why the devs didn't implement this from the get go or during the last patch confounds me.

4. Turbojugend

Turbojugend IncGamers Member

Thank you Blizzard for listening to the community ...

5. grandmaster

grandmaster IncGamers Member

I wish those RGifts were able to transform weapons to ancients ones...

6. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

I still want a proper material/consumable storage. Why do these things have to take up space is a mystery to me. It would be great if they would be stored as gold. Always on my character and in practically infinite amounts.

7. Spriggen

Spriggen IncGamers Member

because they are not regular but when u used on ur most powerful weps they build up

8. Spriggen

Spriggen IncGamers Member

i dont understand why mats and gems are not auto pickup like gold just all that clicking it would be a nice QoL change to make

9. uckethea

uckethea IncGamers Member

This issue bugs me too. It's almost as if they are not doing this just to spite us. The only reason I can see for not adding auto pickup would be to hinder bot usage efficiency.

10. ADest

ADest IncGamers Member

They have to sell all these "features" to us for $30 as part of the next expansion. I was really shocked that they added a system like LGems in a patch, and not in the 2nd expansion.

11. FlawNess

FlawNess IncGamers Member

Why is it so god damn hard to add more space? Why can't every character have a separate chest? I would gladly pay for this, I don't care! So damn frustrating that a game about collecting gear only supports storage for ONE character...

12. Flux

Flux Administrator

Months go they floated the idea of making materials auto storage like gold/shards, but that's obviously not happened. I think they rethought it, and in recent comments about why we don't get auto-pickup for everything, they said if we didn't have to click, we'd lose track of the stuff we were gathering.

So I guess we need to see big stacks of mats filling our inv/stash or we'd forget about them?

Probably the devs have user data and studies to back up their "most users are too stupid to play the game properly" but it does get annoying with the constant training wheels. There's a reason we have this news tag, though we try to apply it sparringly.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/news/controversy/dumbed-down-d3

13. koko

koko IncGamers Member

The RNG is really RNG for the gift. Still waiting for my second. I should play exclusively my main I guess.

14. koko

koko IncGamers Member

Real QoL would be auto-pickup of all with auto salvage of all but (ancient) legendaries.