Incidents with N00bs

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
*xxIDIOTxx has entered the game ...*

WUG!??!? GIME ITAMZ PLZ !! GIME RUSH!!

*xxIDIOTxx has expressed hostility against you*

dual me b***h come git PWNed joo!!

*xxIDIOTxx is slain by <we've all been here so put your name here>*

F***kiNG HAXXOR nOOB !!!

*xxIDIOTxx has left the game*


BTW, why can't people spell it "duel" instead of "dual"? This is a very common mistake that goes beyond these typical idiots.
 

conan

Diabloii.Net Member
So, share with us your n00bie experiences from when you were a n00b or encounters with other n00bs.[/QUOTE]

Recently I was doing a Pit run in a dueling game when a lvl76 Sorc hostiles me and announces she is going to hunt me down and take all my gold. I ignore her and after clearing out lvl2 I tp back to town with my loot, re equip and head off to kill Eldritch/Shenk. Right after killing shenk (crappy drop) the sorc finds me and runs head long into my lvl98 Merc and lvl16 valk and promptly dies. She comes back and runs into a stream of GA and promptly dies, she calls me a "Nub" and dies 5 or 6 more times, then calls me a "F***ing Hazzor" I think she meant Haxxor, but im not convinced=)
She leaves the game and i continue down Bloody foothills clearing it out intent on killing Dac Farren. She returns with a lvl 78 barb and asks where the "hacked zon " is. I pipe up, near Dac Farren Babba! Said babba comes a running and i do a little running on my own spamming a few ga every few seconds. Babba dies like 4 times and is soo mad by now he cant spell. calling me a hacker and a cheater and finally" Stop running you P***Y and let me hit you!!" This brings howls of laughter from the other amused duelers and I almost spit my Coke Lite all over the screen.

heh heh
 

Joyotoki

Diabloii.Net Member
MixedVariety said:
I've been playing this game for nearly as long as it's been out, and I'm still a noob about some things. I have never ever seen a Windforce, for instance, so I still don't quite get what's so incredible about it, I just accept that it is.
I have no idea how to duel people, I would just totally die if I even tried. I have some good builds but don't know every item by heart or its statistics. I actually speak English, not Newbish or Leetish or whatever it's called, so I have no clue even what people are saying to me half the time. Which is fine, because I figure I'm not missing anything important.
I'm just happy to play the game. Oh, and I do know what a shako is...but I've never found or had one.
Yay for true D2 players!
 

Daemonaz

Diabloii.Net Member
I've played Diablo 1 since day 1 and Diablo 2 since day 1. I know much about the game and have found most items in the game (not a WF, although a friend borrowed me one to let me try it) and yet every day someone on the realms labels me Noob.

I find it sickening how the term Noob is used on Bnet. Even during trades. Let me give you an example. I'm offering a fire skiller with 33 hitpoints. Now if you have been playing this game a bit, you know that this charm is worth quite a lot. So a sorceress sees the charm in a public trade game, and puts an Oculus in the trading window and asks me "n?" while pressing the accept button. Why everyone is too lazy to fully type "Need it?" already puzzles me, but the way that she started going off on me after I said that I wasn't interested belies all reason. I saw the word Noob pass my screen at least a dozen of times, till I finally decided to press the squelch button and inform her of her being ignored status.

If you join a game and people say "PALA HELP" or "PALA PP" and you innocently ask them if they mean you, the first thing you get to hear is NOOB.

If you are in a Baal run with 4 Sorceresses and all 4 don't want to teleport, which I can highly understand people call them noobs. Once you then inform them that they should teleport themselves if they want to go quicker, there comes another: I CANT TELEPORT YOU STUPID NOOB.

I hate that word more than anything. It's utterly disgusting and we should ALL refrain from using it. Besides in my opinion a new player is not a noob, but a newbie. A term that does a whole lot more justice. And shows respect to something we were once too.
 

_teo_

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with many of the above posts, there HAS to be a definition between a noob and a newbie. The difference between them is quite obvious to me, with one being someone who has just started the game, and doesnt know much about it, if anything. The other is someone who probably has a lot of items, through duping, or buying from sites, or scams and the like, and thinks he/she knows all there is to know.

Im a lone player personally, it very rare ill team up with anyone, apart from people on my friend list. But i did have an experience a while back, while trying to gain a ladder shako:

Misterbarbguy - I have ladder shako.
Me - Ok, how about a ladder storm?
Misterbarbguy - Sure, come to game .......
*We both enter game, i show the storm
Misterbarbguy - Oh, the shako is on another char, brb.
*Rejoins with a lvl 50ish barb
Misterbarbguy - Ok, found it.
Me - We have a trade then?
Misterbarbguy - Sure, but duel me first

Let me just say at this point that my dueling experience is zero, i dont play in public games

Me - Im a lvl 80 summoning necro, what you want me to do? Should i get my army?
Misterbarbguy - No, just hit me.
Me - With what? (not telling him about my lvl 18 synergised bone spirit and lvl 80 merc)
Misterbarbguy - Hit me with your wand
Me - Riiight. This should be interesting.

I run out of town, he hostiles, i decrep him, spam a few bone spirits at him while my merc and clay golem get to him, then watch as hes dies in about 4 seconds.

Misterbarbguy - wtf?
Me - *Back in town now* Ive left your body and gold. Sorry, failed to mention about my well equipped merc.
Misterbarbguy - U stupd f'in NOOB!!!!! No trad with u now!!!!
Misterbarbguy has left the game.

My last experience of trading public, ill stick to the etf thanks

ReGarDs
Teo
 

Daemonaz

Diabloii.Net Member
_teo_ said:
I run out of town, he hostiles, i decrep him, spam a few bone spirits at him while my merc and clay golem get to him, then watch as hes dies in about 4 seconds.

Misterbarbguy - wtf?
Me - *Back in town now* Ive left your body and gold. Sorry, failed to mention about my well equipped merc.
Misterbarbguy - U stupd f'in NOOB!!!!! No trad with u now!!!!
Misterbarbguy has left the game.

Teo
Exactly. I've had the same happen many times when someone decides I am a Noob and I am to be hostiled. Upon which my usual reply: "Uh I'm really afraid now that you've hostiled me, please feel free to come and try".

Then when said person arrives in act 1, usually 15 levels lower than my level 93 Hammerdin and gets 1 hit killed by my merc he starts going off like a mad man. YOU STUPID NOOB YOU SUCK! I mean seriously, he just got humilated by a merc and then starts calling me Noob?! People are strange and the N word is terribly overused, and it annoys me.

One day it will annoy me so much, I will make a character that tries to kill any person that abuses the N word.
 

Onefuryz

Diabloii.Net Member
Just remembered another awesome incident that happened to me.

In a public (yeah i know) dueling game with my fireclaw druid and and was killing everything, including foh pally and bone necro, when the necro pops up with the question of what weapon i was using.

In the photo is the second half of the resulting "discussion", this guy obviously loves botd.

nOOb Necro

This guy would not believe me, so i squelched him and carried on :)
 

Xecras

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, their must be a defenition between the two terms. Newbie who need a lil' help and are thankful, they are def. good.

I am getting so sick of the word 'noob'. I watch some guy ask me to trade and starts spamming "hey u got xe with hf and tfh +5?" (yes, those are acronyms for items that do not exist, they are there to show how much I hate people abbreviate things so much it looks more like a government entrance code than a sentence)

Now, I'm trying to reply to the guy while looking over his sentence, like a child who saw the alphabet for the first time. I finally manage to say "Whats
xe,hf and tfh?" and they usually reply "noob".

I understand people wish to abbreviate things, but calling me a 'noob' afterwards is such moronic.
 

pliu

Banned
Xecras said:
Yeah, their must be a defenition between the two terms. Newbie who need a lil' help and are thankful, they are def. good.

I am getting so sick of the word 'noob'. I watch some guy ask me to trade and starts spamming "hey u got xe with hf and tfh +5?" (yes, those are acronyms for items that do not exist, they are there to show how much I hate people abbreviate things so much it looks more like a government entrance code than a sentence)

Now, I'm trying to reply to the guy while looking over his sentence, like a child who saw the alphabet for the first time. I finally manage to say "Whats
xe,hf and tfh?" and they usually reply "noob".

I understand people wish to abbreviate things, but calling me a 'noob' afterwards is such moronic.
yes. When I see the abbr. pp (party please) first time in the game ( after more than two years of D2 play) and ask that guy what "PP" mean the guy reply me "noob" LMAO
 

SnowDrake

Diabloii.Net Member
Enh, I've had my share of experiences with noobs. However, I do find players who aren't completel dumbasses too.

Once I was in the trade channels, trying to find an angelic sickle (don't ask, I needed it lol). Someone messaged me saying they had one and asked what I had to offer, seeing as angelic sickle isn't particularly valuable, I told the guy I could offer some low runes perhaps or some pgems. The guy laughs at me tells me a noob and says he wouldn't trade it for anything less than a high rune, I told him that angelic sword isn't worth NEARLY that much, and he calls me a noob....

I also love the way people call you noobs when you beat them pvp. I was in a game doing ancients, when a zon joined and hostiled everyone. She was about the same level as us, but there were like 4 of us and 1 of her, so we just shrugged it off and stuck together going through the ancient way. She runs up (I didn't have my minimap open so I didn't notice it was her, there was another javazon in the game that was in our party). I started noticing her when she started attacking me (now remember, I'm a SORCERESS), and after a few attacks she hits me, for only about 1/3 of my hp (melee dmg on a sorc 1/3 of my hp? wtf?), I hit tab and see that her name's red. By this time a few other people in my party had noticed and were probably too busy laughing at this level 70 something zon that couldn't kill a level 70 something sorc that was standing still doing nothing. So I thought it'd be funny to cast a meteor on top of her. She didn't move, and died instantly.

She then had the nerve to tell me I was hacking because she didn't kill me in one hit (I had 600 hp or so and only about 30% block...), and then that my meteor was obviously "hacked" since there was no way it could possibly get up to 18k dmg legit (I told her my meteor dmg). Funny because I have an 18k meteor without even using any charms....

Newbies I don't mind, ******** noobs I hate....
 

wedoz

Diabloii.Net Member
to the 2 posters above the guy above me lol: if i was a woman i'd say "have my children"

good god did you 2 hit the nail on the head. just love it when they start throwing out acronyms. 90 percent of the time i'm guessing it's the percentage of "whatever" on the item you're trading so i just say whatever the percentage is on it lol.
 

wedoz

Diabloii.Net Member
SnowDrake said:
Once I was in the trade channels, trying to find an angelic sickle (don't ask, I needed it lol). Someone messaged me saying they had one and asked what I had to offer, seeing as angelic sickle isn't particularly valuable, I told the guy I could offer some low runes perhaps or some pgems. The guy laughs at me tells me a noob and says he wouldn't trade it for anything less than a high rune, I told him that angelic sword isn't worth NEARLY that much, and he calls me a noob.

if you want something and someone has it then that particular item is automaticaly worth a vex.
 

Xecras

Diabloii.Net Member
if you want something and someone has it then that particular item is automaticaly worth a vex.
So true. I just despise another thing:

Diaphistaal (me): Hey, anyone got a good mace (I got Tyrant Limb and Bloodrise, and maxed mace mastery, so bleh)

Some dude: I do!

Trade window opens up, and offers one hell of a mace. Than, he starts putting armor with 1000 defense, awesome swords and maces, with some item with a magic effect that maxes some skill I never I knew I had. Before I know it, his trade inventory is flushed with Godly items that would take quite a bunch of coffee and sanity to get. Now, I ONLY want the mace, so I offer a few P gems and a bunch of other goodies. Guy just cancels window.

Some dude: i dont need that


Apperantly, he didn't read when I said "I want a mace" not "I want you're entire fricking inventory"

:scratch:
 

th5418

Banned
Xecras said:
So true. I just despise another thing:

Diaphistaal (me): Hey, anyone got a good mace (I got Tyrant Limb and Bloodrise, and maxed mace mastery, so bleh)

Some dude: I do!

Trade window opens up, and offers one hell of a mace. Than, he starts putting armor with 1000 defense, awesome swords and maces, with some item with a magic effect that maxes some skill I never I knew I had. Before I know it, his trade inventory is flushed with Godly items that would take quite a bunch of coffee and sanity to get. Now, I ONLY want the mace, so I offer a few P gems and a bunch of other goodies. Guy just cancels window.

Some dude: i dont need that


Apperantly, he didn't read when I said "I want a mace" not "I want you're entire fricking inventory"

:scratch:
I see this alot. Its cruely annoying.
 

Bonesman

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the most annoying thing is when you're starting a new character, and bear in mind I started playing D2 in the Beta testing ;-) yea I'm the man I know, and a Matriarch or Patriarch joins the game and hostiles eveyrone, while we're all level 15. Then when we're just questing and leveling and minding our own business, my lvl 15 skelemancer gets annihilated by a lvl 70 something Druid who laughs as he calls us all n00bs. Those people should just be banned, or hung upside down and beat with bamboo rods.
 

lazyassdre

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree, Blizzard should put up a filter solely for the purpose of filtering out "noob." I have been playing this game for quite some time (insert the stuff about finding every item in the game and knowing most uniques just by their base item) and I'm still surprised at how I'm called a noob. I prefer to play with friends, but sometimes leveling up is so much faster in public games.

But, back on track, there is a huge difference between a noob and a "nub" as I like to call them. I think its cute, in the same way a child starting to do something is cute. Whenever I find nubs, I help them along the way. Whenever I see "noobs" those god awful crappy players who don't know jack crap about the game, I punish them wherever I go.
 
Top