Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Incidents with N00bs

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Joyotoki, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Joyotoki

Joyotoki IncGamers Member

Incidents with N00bs

We all seem to hate them now, but we were all there once. Personally, I think many n00bs are kind of cute in their ignorance, but, some are just outright funny. For example...

A friend of mine recently began playing D2 with her boyfriend, and she constantly posts in her Livejournal about it. So, at some point I realize she's failed to mention whether she plays Hardcore or Softcore or what, so I post in her LJ:

"Do you play Hardcore or Softcore D2? If you play Hardcore we should definately all play sometime."

and she replied:

"I play ladder characters."

So, share with us your n00bie experiences from when you were a n00b or encounters with other n00bs.

2. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

N00bs, eh...

Well, I don't have many dealings with those...

But I'll tell you what I oh screw this this whole post is just an elaborate ruse for me to post this http://www.rathergood.com/laibach/ again.

3. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

you need to stop spamming....

this kid in a public game i mighta been tradin with was tryin to get my shako..he was offering sum pretty nice stuff for it and i asked if he could throw in a hone sundan(needed one quite bad...dont ask)

he didnt know wtf it was......i mean he was offerin other high lvl stuff so i assumed he knew SUMTHING bout game......but then again i have been playin this game for 4 yrs but i never knew a kelpie snare existed to oh around 7 months ago...seriously:p

4. Joyotoki

Eh.. well.. you never know. Maybe the military cats play D2...

5. Vladicus

MOI??!

Good Sir, if you had the immpeccable taste for Communist German Stomping Kittens With Funny Little Hats that I do, you would not be able to stop 'spamming' either.

Unless of course, you are some kind of INHUMAN MONSTER, which you clearly are since you do not seem to realise of the wonder and joy of Communist German Stomping Kittens With Funny Little Hats, you INHUMAN MONSTER, you!

6. Ryshenron

yea thats it.....sumone throw this guy out

7. Onefuryz

Onefuryz IncGamers Member

When u say Noob do u really mean newbie?

Anyway i never really went though an online newbie status as i played single player for a year and completed the game untwinked with all the chars, and learn what i was doing :) really recomend this ;)

For my experience with Noobs, proper Noobs, I was in a baal run today and this assasin was upset for some reason so she hostiled me and this other barb, i didnt bother going for her and just carried on running to baal. The barb goes for her in act 1 and gets owned and the assasin starts nking him and calling him noob over and over again. Turns out she was an enigma, hoto lit sentry trapper so he had no chance.

Cant be having this i thought, so got my trapper involved and had her beaten within a couple of seconds, as her res really sucked, and she promptly started calling me a noob, hacked item user and blamed the awesome lag that had suddenly hit her. My 10k trap damage had nothing to do with it. Now that my friend is a Noob :teeth:

8. Ryshenron

very nicely put

9. Joyotoki

Now that I'm thinking about it, I suppose someone who's been playing for a long time can still act like a n00b. A lot of it's about attitude... and arragonce isn't one of the more endearing qualities, is it? Heh, so, um in short-- feel free to post not just incidents with n00bs but with anyone who acts like one. :p

10. Vladicus

I prefer to distinguish between the two.. A new person who does not know much about a game is a n00b, newbie, squid, whatever.
    Jerks on the other hand, I personally prefer to refer to them as ******s.

Edit: Blasted anti-Limey filter... The word starts with a 'W' and ends with an 'ers'.

11. Joyotoki

Well, I've just noticed that people tend to throw the term "n00b" out when someone pisses them off, which is just... childish I suppose.

12. Vladicus

Not me...

I encounter n00bs quite rarely, in fact.

The W-Word, on the other hand...

13. Joyotoki

B.net swarms with them?

14. Vladicus

Preeeeeecisely!

15. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

AHHHH!!! MY EYES!!!! don't say that cursed word!! or if you have to say it don't spell it with 2 zeros!!!

AHHH!!!!!! rolls around clutching his ruined occular organs

16. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

I've been playing this game for nearly as long as it's been out, and I'm still a noob about some things. I have never ever seen a Windforce, for instance, so I still don't quite get what's so incredible about it, I just accept that it is.
    I have no idea how to duel people, I would just totally die if I even tried. I have some good builds but don't know every item by heart or its statistics. I actually speak English, not Newbish or Leetish or whatever it's called, so I have no clue even what people are saying to me half the time. Which is fine, because I figure I'm not missing anything important.
    I'm just happy to play the game. Oh, and I do know what a shako is...but I've never found or had one.

17. Ryshenron

your my hero

18. Vladicus

N00b! N00B!!!1 N00000000000B!!! NUB!! N()()B!!!! N00bidyn00bidyn00bidyn00bidyn00bidyn00bidyN000000B!!!

19. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

goes stiff, then falls over

20. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I have to agree with exactly everything.