Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IncGamers Official Clans - For US and EU

Discussion in 'IncGamers' Clan and In-Game Community Channel' started by Elly, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elly

Elly Administrator

Here is what we have at IncGamers at the moment. It would be useful if the cap was raised from 150 members in the clans and if that ever happens we'll combine the US and US2

AMERICAS

US
    Name : IncGamers
    Tag : INC
    Language : English (British)
    Leader: Elly
    Officers: Dacar92

US#2 Forum members only. If you want to join add your name and battlenet name in this thread so we can confirm the request in game.
    Name: IncGamers 2
    Tag: INC2
    Leader : Rushster
    Officers : Drixx, Holyknight

Americas Hardcore 1 and US Hardcore 2 were full so we closed both pre-RoS and we relaunched 3 new HC clans

Americas Hardcore West

Name : IncGamers HC West
    Tag : IncHCW
    Language : English
    Leader : Solipsistic (Flux)
    Officers : Muggs, Nizaris

Americas Hardcore East
    Name : IncGamers HC East
    Tag : IncHCE
    Leader : Zappafan
    Officers : MotherMedusa, Hellswraith, Solwolf, Kangaxx

Americas Hardcore North
    Name : IncGamers HC North
    Tag : IncHCN
    Leader : Xanth
    Officers : Aahzmandius

Community - Can join this if you are a member of another clan. Also means all the SC and HC people from the site can talk to each other

Name: IncGamers
    Leader : Elly
    Language : English (British) - Again, trying to change it to just English language setting.

EUROPE

EU
    Tag : INC
    Officer : Positions vacant

EU#2 - Forum members only. If you want to join add your name and battlenet name in this thread so we can confirm the request in game.
    Name: IncGamers EU2
    Tag : INC2
    Leader : Rushster
    Officer : Holyknight

EUHardcore
    Tag : IncHC
    Leader : Solipsistic (Flux)
    Officers : Calling

Community - Can join this if you are a member of another clan.

Name: IncGamers

If you join one of the clans and you use a different name on there please let me know in this thread and I can add a note in the Roster of your forum name.

Thanks

Please Note

When someone requests to join the Clans an admin issues an invite which the applicant needs to accept. Only a few of those invites can be out awaiting acceptance at any one time. Please accept or decline the invite (if you've changed your mind) as quickly as possible so that we can get more invites out. We have people in all the clan factions (sections, parts? who knows what we call them) awaiting invites so please don't sit on your invite. Deal with it.

Positions vacant

Some of the clans have no officers and some have only one so we are looking for officers in all of the clans.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
  2. HardRock

HardRock Diabloii.Net Member

I'll be watching this thread as well and will be adding notes to the EU HC roster as needed. Also, if you have any issues with the EU HC clan at all and I'm not online ingame feel free send me a PM through the forums.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  3. Special Rolo

Special Rolo Diabloii.Net Member

Were you guys thinking of adding a third clan? Looks like the current INC/INC2 for softcore aren't able to accept anymore requests.

4. HardRock

Problem is, one player can only be in one clan at a time, so if the admins keep creating new ones we'll always be short on people who can manage them. I think the only solution in the long term is to keep the most active members in the clans and recommend to everyone else that they join the Community.

Communities don't have a member cap and allow you to communicate with people from either clans. The downside is that Legendary drops aren't announced in them and that you can't Quick Join the games of community members. The latter issue kinda solves itself after a while, since if you keep announcing in the community chat that you're looking for party members eventually you'll find a few people you enjoy playing with and you can add them to your friends list.

This is just my idea though, I won't be the one creating the clans in any case, but I don't think this is a trivial issue. Honestly, I think the perfect solution would be if Blizzard would introduce a new option in the Social settings, allowing each player to enable the Quick Join option even in Communities.

EDIT: Also, people in Communities need to join the chat each time they log in. I have no idea why the game can't remember to do this for us.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  5. EquiLa

EquiLa Diabloii.Net Member

Just dropping by to check on my application for INC EU 1. Applied a couple of days ago and it seemed to still have some spots open.
    Is there something else required to join apart from being part of the community?

Played with quite a few of the people on the forums over the years, mainly in Diablo 2 but starting to get a bit more active in D3 aswell. Would be great to be a part of the community again :)

6. Elly

Elly Administrator

We could be out of invites. We can only have so many invites out at once in response to requests to join. They need to time out, be deleted or accepted as soon as one is actioned then we invite another.

We are going to change things in the #2 groups - Forum members only or recommendation from forum member or existing clan member.

We will also remove inactive people but the spanner in the works there is that we have no way of seeing when someone was last on. It just says 'offline' - bloody useful.

7. EquiLa

EquiLa Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the answer. Had no idea about the maximum invites, good to know. I just got accepted into INC 2 so it worked out.

Well, you could always login at random times and those that arent online when you are gets kicked. Should help keep the roster small :)

8. HardRock

By doing that eventually we would kick everyone. :)

No, the best thing we can do is to wait for the devs to recognize the many shortcomings of their clan system and in the mean time more strictly filter join requests. I'm sure clan leaders will pressure the devs to improve things.

As for the filtering, the EU HC clan only has 20 slots left, so we are only accepting people who either reached Paragon 50 in HC, are recommended by a current member or if they have been forum members for at least one year. It's a harsh limitation, but for the moment we don't want to create more clans and we have enough members already. Over time slots will be freed up when we can reliably check for activity. Also, people can always join the EU Community and play with us that way.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  9. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I can't believe they made the clans this way. Guilds in WoW show last activity, you can set notes, officer notes, etc. I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing sometimes.

10. HardRock

Elly, what do you think about a possible forum/non-forum for the EU HC clan? Do the other forum-only clans have enough members? After thinking about this I think this is the only split that would make sense even in the long term and even if Blizzard will improve the clan system. This way at least we would have a good criteria we could use when considering join requests for the forum clan. Not enough activity on the forums, no invite.

11. Obelus

Obelus Diabloii.Net Member

Hi,
    Please could I be added to the EU#2 INC2 Clan?

Many thanks and look forward to playing in game with some of you soon.

Obelus
    Obelus#2206

12. asdfgah

asdfgah Diabloii.Net Site Pal

When I search for clans the eu hc clan won't show up. Any comments on this ? (Sent request to Inc2 as that was what I could find but as I play HC I think a hc clan, if there is one, would be a better fit)

Edit: And then I see this post ;) :
    hedstrom#2660 for the record. I'm not paragon 50 so guess I'll join inc2 if you're tight on spots

13. Elly

Elly Administrator

Are you looking under English (British)?

@ Obelus. Done. Welcome aboard.

14. asdfgah

asdfgah Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Yes

Oh I see, the INC ones are under English (British) and incHC is under just English

Why even make that distinction? Damn you battle.net ! ;d

15. HardRock

Asdfgah, welcome to the clan. Stay awhile and listen. :)

Elly, can you create a new forum-only clan? We are slowly filling up, even with the harsher restrictions on newcomers. I shared with the current members that this may happen, and their only worry seemed to be that initially we may be lacking members in the new clan. Honestly though, I think that will be a short term issue only. Besides, we have the Community set up for communication between clans.

16. Mortalo

Mortalo Diabloii.Net Member

There are some clans recruiting on the forum. That's cool. There are some INC clan members not aware of forum's existence. And that's wrong. At least in my opinion. While I understand that new guys can be fun and etc., but I think that inviting them right away is not right. I get that you're really nice people, always open and helpful but we should calm down. I'm not against guys not familiar with forum to join the clan, but I think that they should earn their spot either via activity on forum (quality not quantity) or activity on community in-game chat. Then not only will the clan grow with nice people but also community chat will become alive (sweet dreams).

So what do I propose?
    1. When someone want to stay in the clan should write down his/her battletag in corresponding thread (give them a week). If someone didn't do it, then he probably don't want to be in clan. I would probably still cut some people, so clan is not crowded from beginning.
    2. Someone is left out of the clan but wants to be in? Let him earn his spot:

• Simple thing is posting on forum. Clan members will notice new guy writing smart stuff and he'll get invited.
    • Not everyone can be too much into forum-fun, so they can still play the game and enjoy community chat. Asking questions (or giving answers), looking for group, sharing pools or cursed chests or simply talking with others. Maybe after that they wouldn't want to join clan, cause they will find happiness in community chat.

Phew, that's it. I simply don't understand what people, not familiar with diablo.incgamers.com, do in clan. Also I don't like all this spliting into more clans (when Flux and ZappaFan has to be in different clan, something is wrong).

The End.

17. HardRock

I think it's fine to allow people to join the clan, even without knowing about the website. We need to bring these people into the herd after all. :)

However, I feel that having a separate clan for the core community, for people who have been visiting this site for years (even if they don't post on the forums) would be beneficial. This distinction would allow us to look for people who really want to be part of a community and didn't just stumble upon the clan randomly. Some kind of activity monitoring feature would really help.

If a second, site- or forum-only clan would be created, then I recommend disabling the ingame "looking for members" option for it. I think it should be advertised only in the news and on this here forum. Of course people could learn about it from the Community chat, but I think that's beneficial in that ideally people should join the Community first and only then one of the clans. People seem to do this the other way around, which doesn't make any sense to me at all.

18. Thraxorius

Thraxorius Diabloii.Net Member

Hey guys,

i would like an invite to EU INC2 please. My battle tag is thraxorius#2391.

Thanks
    Thrax

19. Timesink

Timesink Diabloii.Net Member

I think this is a great idea. I've been around this site since the D2 days and the thought of some "old timers" clan is pretty cool.

Until then, applying to incHC2 on the US. Battletag starts with xyzzy. Thx.

20. ZSiegfried

ZSiegfried Diabloii.Net Member

Please add me to the clan Zsiegfried 2549. EU#2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.