Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

In your opinion...

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Gix, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

In your opinion...

what is the best MF sorc build [including gear] for tanking Hell Mephisto?

2. BD PaiN

BD PaiN IncGamers Member

hi this is proparbly the best mf sorc but it is pretty expensive

skills : blizzard and all the syn energies for it maybe u can put some point's in shiver armor. dont take on energy shield you will have to low mana and to little +skillz for it.

you will need a lot of mana so u can put som stats on energy
    str : so you can carry your stuffs
    dex non
    vitality 100

just tele to meph then tele back and crush him with blizzard over the "blood river" he will just stand there and look at you when u own him. if you dont know what i mean i can send a screenshot

Equip:
    tal armor socked with perf topaz [or ist]
    blade of ali baba socked with 2 ist
    tal belt
    4 sock monarch 4 ist's
    2x perf nagel rings
    tal amu
    shako socked with perf topas [or ist]
    gheed 40% and 37x 7 mf small charm's :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3. BD PaiN

BD PaiN IncGamers Member

this will almost be 900% mf wich is the best u can have without bug item's

4. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Now that you're going crazy with the +mf setup, don't you think you could afford magic rings with more mf than a Nagel? (The maximum mf for a sorc is 977)

Anyway, this is way over the top - because of the diminishing returns, you don't get much bang for the last +mf. More than 400 is rarely worth it - it will slow down your runs and not add much to your chance of finding uniques. Especially when running a quantity over quality monster like good ol' Mephi. And never ever socket armors and helms with Ists. 1% extra mf is nothing - especially compared to the price difference between a perfect topaz and an Ist.

To the op (who actually asked for a tanking build, not a moat trick build): Cold is best for Mephi, so take your pick between Blizzard and Orb. If you have very precise orbing skills, then that will be the fastest. Blizzard is a little more forgiving, and extremely fast, too. Get some +mana and save your statpoints for dex for blocking (unless you let your merc do that for you) and vita. Check out my Meteorb guide for my thoughts on equipment. Or if you're going with an Orb build, consider ES with maxed TK and some points in energy.

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Why not let the merc do the tanking...Equip him with a Kelpie Snare for slow and Vampire Gaze+Shaftstop for damage reduction and a Blizzard sorceress should have no trouble killing him before the merc dies...That's what I do with my Orb but I don't have insane gear so sometimes he dies but not very often. With better gear it should be a breeze.

6. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Orb could take him out fairly well with a merc, but the merc also needs to be a pretty high level, otherwise you're feeding him potions all the time.

If you go Blizzard, doing the moat trick will work. Meteor is working for me, but it takes a while.

7. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard IncGamers Member

If you only want to do Meph then pure blizzard. If you want to do other runs too go dual element. Blizzard-firewall (http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=217480) will kill him almost as fast and you can do all other runs too. Use Glacial Spike as the main synergy for crowd control. Also if you wake up one of the council members you have 2 elements to deal with him rather than one so you shouldn't have to abbort the run. Plus sometimes I like to kill them anyways since they can drop decent items too.

Use a defiance merc with Reapers Toll when you can get it. The Blackleech polearm or Kelpie is good till then.

GOW