In This Thread I Am Stupid

uberjolt

Diabloii.Net Member
In This Thread I Am Stupid

I don't know what I was thinking, but for some reason I hired a new merc instead of ressurecting my old one. Lost a Bonehew, delirium tiara, and atma's wail armor. Really kicking myself over this. How stupid can I get?

Necrasaro

Diabloii.Net Member
friend actually did this recently aswell.

I've almost done it a few times myself, if you lag for a sec or just not pay attention I can really see it happening easily.

SnowDrake

Diabloii.Net Member
I've done it before as well, but fortunately I didn't lose that much (just hwanin armor helm and weapon).

It sucks =/

Dreamsmith

Diabloii.Net Member
Being something of a perfectionist, I'm constantly running characters up to, oh, around level 75, then deciding I spent 30 too many points in Strength and restarting the char. I keep telling myself someday I'll get it right, but some of these chars (I have eight of them, not counting the experimentals) are on their fourth or fifth incarnation. So, with all the rerolling, you would THINK I would remember, when pulling all my items off the char before deletion so I can pick them back up and stuff them in the stash of the rerolled char, to also grab the ones off the merc. But no, after doing this as many times as I have, it appears I have about a 50/50 chance of remembering or losing the merc's equipment. I've lost any number of great merc armors and some fairly decent weapons this way (Skystrike, Kuko, ...I almost lost an Eaglehorn but I caught myself before doing it -- yes, I'm a big fan of the rogue merc, the one that doesn't run to its death immediately upon seeing a dangerous enemy, "Oh look, a pack of extra fast, aura enchanted Minotaurs! CHARGE!" *poke* *die* Yeah, like I'm gonna waste a potion of Full Rejuv on this idiot, even if I could hit shift-4 in time... so the rogue spends half the battle doing her nails -- at least she's useful half the time and doesn't cost more than the GDP of a mid-sized nation in resurrection costs...)

In any case, I don't think I've lost anything worth quite as much, but I make the same mistake with disturbing regularity... it's only a matter of time before I do...