In the news!

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
In the news!

Panamsat Demonstrates Satellite-Enabled WiMAX Connectivity
7/14/05

Panamsat, Kencast Inc. and Trinity Workplace Learning took part in a demonstration of what Panamsat called "the first satellite-delivered live streaming video to handheld devices" using a WiMAX terrestrial wireless broadband network. The demonstration, which took place at the WiMAX Forum Plenary trade show July 12 and 13 in Vancouver, provided live delivery of 10 streaming channels of video content.

For the demonstration, a live video stream from Trinity's facilities in Dallas was uplinked to Panamsat's Galaxy 11 satellite then encoded and transcoded by Kencast to handheld devices at the trade show.

"Satellite-delivered WiMAX technology is the future for handheld devices such as smartphones and laptops," Mike Antonovich, executive vice president of global sales and marketing at Panamsat, said in a statement. "WiMAX also will enable the delivery of Internet protocol television throughout the United States as well as being integrated into our satellite news gathering services."

Amra said:
Panamsat Demonstrates Satellite-Enabled WiMAX Connectivity
7/14/05

Panamsat, Kencast Inc. and Trinity Workplace Learning took part in a demonstration of what Panamsat called "the first satellite-delivered live streaming video to handheld devices" using a WiMAX terrestrial wireless broadband network. The demonstration, which took place at the WiMAX Forum Plenary trade show July 12 and 13 in Vancouver, provided live delivery of 10 streaming channels of video content.

For the demonstration, a live video stream from Trinity's facilities in Dallas was uplinked to Panamsat's Galaxy 11 satellite then encoded and transcoded by Kencast to handheld devices at the trade show.

"Satellite-delivered WiMAX technology is the future for handheld devices such as smartphones and laptops," Mike Antonovich, executive vice president of global sales and marketing at Panamsat, said in a statement. "WiMAX also will enable the delivery of Internet protocol television throughout the United States as well as being integrated into our satellite news gathering services."
Cool, I just saw a show saying they put some WiMAX stuff on a Helios and got 1000 separate streams.

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Great, now I can get cancer from all the satellites transmitting pron to the Cell phone of the moron who just cut me off.

Garbad

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
I hear Cadillac is planning Satellite TV for some of their cars in the very near future. Just what we need, dont ya think?