Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

In the mind of a serial killer . . .

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by the_tree, Mar 9, 2004.

1. the_tree

the_tree IncGamers Member

In the mind of a serial killer . . .

A question occured to me today as I was browsing the forums. Why as a hardcore character would you do pvp? I'm just thinking about all the work and time you put into the character, then to have it killed in one wrong move or a misjudgement. It just seems crazy to me. Then again, maybe I do kinda see. But they question still remains, why do you Hardcore pvp?

2. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I don't pk, but I did duel and pkk in 1.09.

I did it because I found it fun. There's a lot more risk going against another person than fighting against the game's AI. Once you've played enough pvm, pvp is the next fun thing to try.

Why risk the loss? Why play hard core at all if you don't want a loss? It's much more fun when your character can actually die.

I do have some moral qualms about pking, even though it's just a game. Therefore, I don't do it.

3. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

Doing just plain old pvm get boring after a while and u need some pvp to spice up the game so to speak. Just start with low lvl dueling if ur worried about losing so much then work ur way up to high lvl

4. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

I don't pk either.....

*giggle*

The reason is that I'm bored. Monsters are horridly boring, so I hunt people. I hunt them down, kill them and if they were annoying I taunt them. They bring back some mal-nourished level50, and I stomp it with my 34. They bring back their uber sorc, I get my 65 head striker charger and destroy them.

I'm bored and as such, they are my amusement. They're simply sheep, who enmass are complete morons, worthy of extermination by my hand.

I rip them to peices because it's much like skimming the pool for dead bugs. The idiots will get caught and sent back to softcore in a very prompt fashion. The ones that taunt me with chicken hack get a screeny sent to blizzard and subsequent action. If some one else trys to attack what I'm attacking and I don't like them, they'll die along with who ever else was unfortunate enough to get in my way.

Now, to quote something I said earlier : She got me mad. I contemplated ripping off her face and wearing it as a mask...then devouring her children under the guise that I was their mother.........Phere my serial killerness.

5. Sip

Sip Banned

I agree with steel here. If you are curious, start off with a cheap and effective build, such as my kicksin. You will easily be able to take on ANYONE your level and under.

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=139847&highlight=kicksin

Oh yeah, It feels great when you get your first ear. You cant help but laugh when your stand over your opponents corpse. Its feels good to know that you just ruined someones day and killed the character they spent time and effort on. Kind of sadistic.

6. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I pk and duel for many of the same reasons as what shade said, monsters are just so boring. I cant help but get bored and antsy when im just pacing around killing fallens. Enter hardcore pvp. Its hard to get bored when you are hunting living people who will not respond like a monster, they can be a pkk and fight back, they can run, they can fight even if they are not strong, they can do any number of things, and there is actually, you know, some skill required to kill people.
    Plus, liks SiP said, the feelin can be a little sadistic, but standing over a body is always fun, they put time and effort into making as strong a character as they could, and your character beat theirs, its a good feeling, and its just plain fun to do.

(who bets this will turn into a pk/anti pk thread?)
    -Matt

7. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Its as close to real-life gladiators as you can get without getting hurt (except the time it takes to rebuild when you eventually die).

PvP in hardcore is the most fun I have in D2.

The risk of losing your character, your items, and your time spent is surprisingly addictive to me.

8. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

I can understand the thrill of hunting down an player and killing them with your superior strategy and cunning. However, I tend to associate PKing with rampant hacks of all shapes and sizes. From the WP hack to kill faster to chicken hack to insure your own safety to MH to see what you're up against (i.e. other people's equipment), there is simply no excuse to me for this kind of ********. I was just killed for the first time by a hacker, a paladin who came into our Baal Run game, hostiled us, and demanded that we do ancients for him (he was like lvl 19, btw). I prevent him from hearing me and tell everyone to ignore him do the run anyway, because he can't have the Worldstone Wp. Oops. Silly me. Dead. Because of a ****ing hacker out to kill unsuspecting people and gain from it. I know that not every pk'er hacks, but it's damn hard to tell the difference sometimes.

This isn't even to mention the worst breed of "pker," the dirty tp leaver. Though I've learned to spot these set-ups, I have watched countless people die to this stupid trick time and time again. Leaving a dirty tp is not a pk, everyone (not that anyone said it was): it's a sign of how much of a pussy you are that you can't even fight your own battles. I would absolutely love ot be able to trust characters that enter my games on B-Net again. Sadly, I feel like this may never happen,

9. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Yes, you soon learn to trust no one, and never be the first to go down an unknown tp. Leaving dirty tp's isn't really a trick. Its just bad manners, but it also could be done without meaning to, like if you're rushing to the throne and tp to town to escape 50 gloams, then everyone else comes down to their deaths and blames you, before you can type "2".
    But all this doesn't mean you can't enjoy fighting against other players (by this I mean duelers. PKing isn't a fight, its a non-contest). The first poster specifically is talking about PvP not PKing.

10. DarkHoly

DarkHoly IncGamers Member

As much as Stinger may hate me for it;), during the beginning classic ladder rush if I was in a game with anyone above me on the ladder, and the opportunity arised, I wouldn't hesitate to try to take them out. Why? Because that would further myself. Sure, call me an ignorant, greedy, hateful person. But, that's how I enjoy to play the game, and I actually made a few friends that way. I'd watch their backs, they'd watch mine. Because, as you all may or may not know, the community of classic hell-gamers is much more close-knit and WILL see each other randomly in games more often than in LoD.

-Dark

11. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

LOL, hilarious post! Perfect Dogbert impression.

It's a pretty unflattering picture to paint of yourself. :lol:

12. SiRKONE

SiRKONE IncGamers Member

lol shade sounds like mike tyson =P

13. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

My testicals cannot support a vice clamped on them, nor do I have a lisp. Ergo : I don't sound like tyson.

But people are below me. I annihilate them simply because I can. I kill them for their money anymore, leaving their ear there...because I'm so damned great that their ear isn't worth the space I usually keep a stamina pot.

I refer to myself as the unfenced backyard pool of natural selection. Some times I'm even nice enough to put up a sign. But sooner or later some downs syndrome inflicted idea will wander into a persons brain and they will decided to let their obviously under developed character go dick around in shade's yard...It's not my fault they don't know what the hell they're doing. Maybe next time they'll learn.

Or maybe I'm like the candy tree that eats children.....

My Av : Just wait till I find a decent picture of the actual nightshade. Damnedable google search gives me 2 plant pictures and a whole lot of disturbing hentai.