In search of The most effective bowazon PvP build

In search of The most effective bowazon PvP build

I can get skills but I need an analysis on stats and equipment.

I need a LOT of different theories to get a very 'looked down upon' bowazon to start getting some kills. Assuming wealth is NOT an issue, please help me with stats and equipment.

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member
Some have found lidless + wis spike on switch to be great to tele fast with enigma. Of course, guided and multi are a must. Tell me, are you going to duel in public games or in a league? If public, WF is probably the best option because of the huge damage and knockback. If league, HoJ mat bow would be nice, but there are lots of other options too. Er, that's all I can think of right now... kinda worn out.

--fatty

BT-LightDash

Diabloii.Net Member
WvX_leader: Heh i read your pally foh guide and find it funny how u say zons are easy...
infact, zons>foh pallies 99% of the time unless the zon is a noob zon[which sadly is around 90% of the zons on b.net which might be what leads to u saying zons are an easy matchup i dunno...]

BT-LightDash

Diabloii.Net Member
1 point in all Prerequisites
20 points in critical strike
10 points in dodge
10 points in avoid
20 points in evade
1 point in decoy
1 point in valk
20 points into guided arrow
[if u do lvl up higher u can spent remaining skill points into dodge,avoid,whichever u prefer]

weapon 1:windforce socketed with shael
weapon 2: cta 1 handed with whistan's guard shield socketed with ber
ammy:cat's eye
ring1:raven frost
ring2:dwarf star/wisp projector or another raven frost[depending on your enemy]
boots:war traveler
belt: verdungos with 15 dr
armour: ed/60ias armour with 100 life
glove:dracul's
helm: crown of ages with 2 socket/15dr socketed with 2*ed/ias jewels

stats:[after u equip unique sc and all + stats items as much as possible]
enough str for equipment
enough dex for 75% block with whistan
rest into vitility
base energy

charms:
1 unique sc
enough 5fhr/resists sc to get to 86fhr frame recovery
if resists still arent maxed put a few life/resists sc's
1 290pdsc
rest with 3max/ar/life sc's and/or 3max/ar/frw sc's

you will shoot at 8 fps
have high life due to cta and heavy investment in vita
have 86fhr frame recovery/maxed resists
30 dr in bow mode / 38 dr in shield mode
Easily 3.5k+ damage with 70% of time doing double damage which is 7k+

not exactly a guide but it's a build that would do fine in pvp
any other questions pm me

One very important thing i have noticed is that people put a few points in multishot[like 9-10 points] but i would say it's pretty useless in pvp now unless you use botd bow and/or is a dex zon
[either way,i don't like it since imo vitility>dex,wf>botd]
Guided arrow simply is the only attack u would ever need
Note:u can use any other gears that u like, the above setup is merely what i suggested...it's your own char so feel free to use what u like

Theories:
Why vita>dex:
say if u are a dexzon instead of vitazon,u will gain 1k + damage.
lets assume u gain 2000 damage
2000 damage goes through pvp penalty[which is 1/6]
u have 333 damage left
enemy has 50% dr and u only do 166 damage more actually [most people just look at char screen and says wow 2000 more damage but actually against a 50 dr enemy,you are only doing 166 damage extra or 332 damage if u got a critical strike/deadly strike in

similarly,if u invest in vita gaining 1k+ life[even more with cta]
u could actually tank a lot more[this means surviving a few or even one more hits which means you can get 1 or even a few more guided arrows in which many people fail to understand]
example:
in a duel assuming a dex zon vs vita zon with same gear etc and both shoot at the same time assuming all ga hitted,the vitazon will always win

conclusion:dexzon is overated and sucks against most casters
[they easily kill you in 1 fireball,blizzard etc]

Hard matchups:
Your hard matchups would be: ALL But the few general ones are:
smiters/liberators [even more so if they use doom/enigma]
Bone nerco [Which class dosent?tele nercoes are god in pvp]
Trapsins [Can be negated if u wear mass abosrbs]
FIreball sorc [Look above]
blizzard sorc [look above but it's harder with their cold mastery]

Gladly,the zons do have chance against bone nercoes thanks to slow missle and ga being faster than bone spirit+ passives
[if nerco uses prison a lot u will need enigma and tweak your gear a bit]

against smiters/liberators using their charge to get close to you then using smite+doom+exile,i suggest u just exit the game or use 40*290 pdscs+amplify+slow+holy freeze merc of your own and tele around

for other questions feel free to pm me

BT: Yes I say zons are easy since [and even you said so yourself] 90% are noobs. I have fought one or two in my 1.10 days that actually killed or almost killed me 1 vs 1. Thanks for the info though...

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
BT-LightDash said:
1 point in all Prerequisites
20 points in critical strike
10 points in dodge
10 points in avoid
20 points in evade
1 point in decoy
1 point in valk
20 points into guided arrow
[if u do lvl up higher u can spent remaining skill points into dodge,avoid,whichever u prefer]

weapon 1:windforce socketed with shael
weapon 2: cta 1 handed with whistan's guard shield socketed with ber
ammy:cat's eye
ring1:raven frost
ring2:dwarf star/wisp projector or another raven frost[depending on your enemy]
boots:war traveler
belt: verdungos with 15 dr
armour: ed/60ias armour with 100 life
glove:dracul's
helm: crown of ages with 2 socket/15dr socketed with 2*ed/ias jewels

stats:[after u equip unique sc and all + stats items as much as possible]
enough str for equipment
enough dex for 75% block with whistan
rest into vitility
base energy

charms:
1 unique sc
enough 5fhr/resists sc to get to 86fhr frame recovery
if resists still arent maxed put a few life/resists sc's
1 290pdsc
rest with 3max/ar/life sc's and/or 3max/ar/frw sc's

you will shoot at 8 fps
have high life due to cta and heavy investment in vita
have 86fhr frame recovery/maxed resists
30 dr in bow mode / 38 dr in shield mode
Easily 3.5k+ damage with 70% of time doing double damage which is 7k+

not exactly a guide but it's a build that would do fine in pvp
any other questions pm me

One very important thing i have noticed is that people put a few points in multishot[like 9-10 points] but i would say it's pretty useless in pvp now unless you use botd bow and/or is a dex zon
[either way,i don't like it since imo vitility>dex,wf>botd]
Guided arrow simply is the only attack u would ever need
Note:u can use any other gears that u like, the above setup is merely what i suggested...it's your own char so feel free to use what u like

Theories:
Why vita>dex:
say if u are a dexzon instead of vitazon,u will gain 1k + damage.
lets assume u gain 2000 damage
2000 damage goes through pvp penalty[which is 1/6]
u have 333 damage left
enemy has 50% dr and u only do 166 damage more actually [most people just look at char screen and says wow 2000 more damage but actually against a 50 dr enemy,you are only doing 166 damage extra or 332 damage if u got a critical strike/deadly strike in

similarly,if u invest in vita gaining 1k+ life[even more with cta]
u could actually tank a lot more[this means surviving a few or even one more hits which means you can get 1 or even a few more guided arrows in which many people fail to understand]
example:
in a duel assuming a dex zon vs vita zon with same gear etc and both shoot at the same time assuming all ga hitted,the vitazon will always win

conclusion:dexzon is overated and sucks against most casters
[they easily kill you in 1 fireball,blizzard etc]

Hard matchups:
Your hard matchups would be: ALL But the few general ones are:
smiters/liberators [even more so if they use doom/enigma]
Bone nerco [Which class dosent?tele nercoes are god in pvp]
Trapsins [Can be negated if u wear mass abosrbs]
FIreball sorc [Look above]
blizzard sorc [look above but it's harder with their cold mastery]

Gladly,the zons do have chance against bone nercoes thanks to slow missle and ga being faster than bone spirit+ passives
[if nerco uses prison a lot u will need enigma and tweak your gear a bit]

against smiters/liberators using their charge to get close to you then using smite+doom+exile,i suggest u just exit the game or use 40*290 pdscs+amplify+slow+holy freeze merc of your own and tele around

for other questions feel free to pm me
bt: very nice wrap up.. i plan a VERY similar build to this one (already started) and ur gear set up is very similar to wat mine is going to be.. but i have question..
CoA has VERY high requirements.. since ur going to be a bow zon.. do u think its really nessesary to sink in so many points into strength? since bowzons should keep thier strength at a minimum.. how much strength do u think a "good" zon would have?

BT-LightDash

Diabloii.Net Member
wvx_leader: Np hope u find it useful i can make it into a even more detail guide but i am afraid not many people would appreciate it since everyone is into wind druids, bone nercoes etc...[overpowered chars/casters in general]

dkay: i cant say how much exactly except what has been written
[use unique sc+war traveler+whatever saving as much str as possible]
i would say crown of ages simply is the best helm with the unmatched good resists,fhr even 1 skills and most importantly 2 sockets and dr and it's defintely worth the str invested on it

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
BT-LightDash said:
wvx_leader: Np hope u find it useful i can make it into a even more detail guide but i am afraid not many people would appreciate it since everyone is into wind druids, bone nercoes etc...[overpowered chars/casters in general]

dkay: i cant say how much exactly except what has been written
[use unique sc+war traveler+whatever saving as much str as possible]
i would say crown of ages simply is the best helm with the unmatched good resists,fhr even 1 skills and most importantly 2 sockets and dr and it's defintely worth the str invested on it
i c ic thanks for that input =) took away my doubts.. now all i gotta do is get one.....................

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
WvX_leader said:
BT: Only one problem with crown of ages... NO ONE OWNS ONE!!! But besides that it CouLD be a good idea
wat do u suggest as a secondary helm? seeing that CoA is way too expensive for some (such as muah :D) i was thinking shako.. but ill lack a lot of dr compared to using a gaze..

Two BOTD questions:

1) Whats the best bow type to make it in?

2) Since it has 60 ias on it, how much More will i need for the 8 fpa?

evild2player

Diabloii.Net Member
well i think alot of people said this alrdy and im too lazy to read it
basically old zon veterans now make a char with a ranged attack, able to escape, high res char, her advantage is the ranged attack, think about it all the pwnage builds are hard to use like say blizz sorc and they have to get close but 1.10 added a new twist to zons. u basically have wf on 1 switch and wiz and ss or lidless for res and crap to tp away saying u have enigma
20/5 scs and maras will give u res along with 1.08 rare boots like soul spurs and rings like cgrips. with a ravenfrost and u would say ur dmg would suck and u wouldnt do much in hell but u get 32020s for more dmg and screw dex u only need it for block no ar or anything

BT-LightDash

Diabloii.Net Member
botd would generally be best on a crusader bow
[lower req than hydra with same avg damage]
[not recommended as wf really is > botd]

As for a secondary helm,i would say shako/gaze or ed/ias helm would indeed work ok but then u need to tweak your gear

as for crown of ages being too rare/unavailable,it's not true i have seen many of them selling on trade channel ALTHOUGH a 15 dr 2 socket one would indeed be rare/expensive...
u could get one with 10+ dr/2 sockets for 2-3 runes...
thats on west though not sure bout other realms...

BlackTiger

Diabloii.Net Member
Defense: 349-399 (Base Defense: 111-165)
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 174
+50% Enhanced Defense
+100-150 Defense (varies)
+1 To All Skills
Damage Reduced By 10-15% (varies)
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
Socketed (1-2) (varies)
Indestructible
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)
One question, don't you have to use -req jewels to use a CoA? cause of the req str?

BT: I understand your opinion is WF > BOTD, but I need an explanation... Because the only zons that can dent my paladin use BOTD bows not Wf's...

BT-LightDash

Diabloii.Net Member
blacktiger: You can but in my build,you can't since u need 30 ias on helm which means 2*ed/ias jewels on it...
too bad -15req/15 ias jewels don't exists =(

wvx_leader: Botd's damage is very low compared to wf...
botd has better speed?yea thats true but only by 20-25 ias which can be easily gained from other areas...
wf can easily reach 8 fps just like botd bow i don't see how botd>wf at all
and 1 more very important thing is i have a 411% ed botd crusader and wf myself and wf owns botd hard

With botd + ed/60ias armour+cats or highlords+15ias from helm would give u 8 fps assuming u use draculs as glove
as u can see,only advantage botd has is it would give u 8% dr more[again assuming u use crown of ages with 2 sockets and socket ed/ias+ber] and ur damage would be lowered by a lot
+30 stats on botd and -15 req would give u more life really is just bonus and cant compare to wf[wf has + dex bonus too and most importantly KB]
if u use botd and want kb,u cant have draculs...[u could use 20ias+kb gloves and use atmas or 08 saracens as ammy though...
i am pretty sure u know how kb can be crucial in duels =)
and i would also rate life tap=amplify
and wf still has higher damage...
u cant compare really...

Kirsty

The Order of Dii Guild Member
FattyMcGee said:
Some have found lidless + wis spike on switch to be great to tele fast with enigma.
There is no such thing as fast casting for Amazons if you compare it to other classes. Just about every build goes faster, although some elementalist druids tend to stay at 12 frames per cast. This casting speed can be anticipated quite well and since amazons need to switch weapons to attack it's a bit overrated for usage. Then there's also the issue where you would get the needed IAS from since armor is then out of the question. It's best to stay the walking and running amazon.
Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(fps) Amazon Druid(Human) Druid(Wolf) Druid(Bear) Assasin Necro/Pala Sorc/Barb 
19    BASE        -           -		  -	     -        -         - 
18     7%       BASE          -		  -	     -        -         - 
17    14%        4%           -		  -          -        -         - 
16    22%       10%    	    BASE	BASE	   BASE       -         - 
15    32%       19%          6% 	 7%	    8%      BASE        - 
14    48%       30%         14%		15%	   16%       9%         - 
13    68%       46%         26%		26%	   27%      18%       BASE 
12    99%       68%         40%		40%	   42%      30%        9% 
11   152%       99%         60%		63%	   65%      48%       20% 
10     -       163%    	    95%		99%	  102%      75%       37% 
9      -         -     	   157%	       163%	  174%     125%       63% 
8      -         -           -		  -	    -      232%      105% 
7      -         -           -	  	  -	    -        -       200%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------