Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

In response to my "PKing" Thread

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by TopheavyHookjaw, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopheavyHookjaw

TopheavyHookjaw IncGamers Member

In response to my "PKing" Thread

First off, I'd like to say that some of you have made some really good points and this issue is not as black and white as it seems, there are definately some grey areas.

However, I just want to clarify a few things on my position.

I DO believe that PKing is part of the game.

I DO NOT believe using a hack to accomplish this is part of the game. By the very fact that the hacker is using a 2nd or 3rd party program to accomplish his goals by very definition indicates that it is not part of the game.

I DO believe that PKing is very challenging and can be fun but only when conducted between 2 people who mutually consent to the action. By staying in a game once hostiled, you are consenting to the action and are therefore "fair game"

I DO NOT believe that just because you can kill someone means that you should...but this is a much deeper topic regarding morality in a society.

I HAVE BEEN PKed in the past but not for a long, long, LONG time. I agree that you get smart and there is a bit of a Darwinian "survival of the fittest" scenario here.

I HAVE NEVER PKed someone who didn't attack me first. Just not my style. I recognize that others have different views. I respect that, even though I don't agree with them. That's what makes this country so great.

MY WHOLE ARGUEMENT: In a nutshell - it revolves around mutual consent and respect for other people. I believe that games are actually a reflection of the society that plays them (If you want to argue this point, don't bother...there is a ton of scientific evidence through anthropological observations to support this). I also believe that this country was founded under the idea of "freedom to do as one pleases...as long as it does not infringe upon the freedoms of others." The fact is that this is something that we should strive for (because god knows that we are pretty damn far from achieving it) and not hampered.

Just my 0.02$

On second thought, maybe my 0.25$...I did give quite a bit more (not to mention inflation and all).

2. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Is Hungry Hungry Hippos or Operation included?

I take it you are not from Korea.

3. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

I was just gonna ask what socially redeeming features are evinced in football (besides the tight pants of course)

Well, this is our 3rd PK thread in 2 days, I think we hit quota and should be good to swim along for another month in relative peace and serenity. I love how this goes in cycles!!!

*checks her calendar*

OK, I can pencil in the next PK flame war for ... hmmmm ..... lets make it April 14th ... perk up my wednesday!

4. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

My people will call your people, we'll do lunch. :lol: They should have somthing "flaming" on the menu.

TM

5. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

You bastard! I had the over! You're on 'the list'.

The list:

milk
    eggs
    bread
    lemons
    topheavyhookjaw
    beer
    beer
    meat

6. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Only one Anti Pk thread per person per week allowed.......shut this down!

7. cyradis2003

You forgot the cheese and the beer ... oh, and the chocolate .... and the beer....

LOL Stinger, lets make it one per person per month. That way whenever one of us is PMS'y (and yes men get it too) we start a nice little battle, throw chicken pies at each other and sit back all happy.

Behold the illogic of Cy in all it's glorrrrry!!!!!

8. davew2040

davew2040 IncGamers Member

I contend that if anyone ever posted a truly convincing argument one way or the other (and I doubt anyone can contrive a convincing argument in favor of PK'ing), either nobody would respond, or everyone would choose to respond to other posts in the thread and ignore its existence.

9. laughingtiger

laughingtiger IncGamers Member

NO KITTY! This is MY pot pie!!! :bonk: :bonk:

10. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Take your logic and get the hell out of here, hippie ;)

Oh, and like totally :thumbsup:

11. Kalki

Kalki IncGamers Member

Yeah, I agree with you totally HalfJawClipChin (or whatever your weird name is lol), but it's good forum etiquette to keep your responses to a thread within that thread. Starting a new thread just spams the forums. I'll keep anything further I might add to this discussion in the "old" thread as it only hurts the people discussing this by making them juggle multiple threads on the same issue.

12. cyradis2003

But we have already switched to discussing chicken pot pies in here...

Seriously though, it has all been hashed, rehashed and corn beef hashed so many times Kalki that had you left out real life corporal punishment for pk'ers the debate would have whirled around for an hour or two and then we would all be back to discussing the things this forum was intended for (i.e. kitties and build strategies and pretty new drops)

*edit to say we need new kitty pics from Tig - Flux is so stingy with his Jinxie pics and living in a pet free community I must live my pet cuddling fantasies though others

13. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

mmm...corned beef...when can i expect to receive my "corned beef"?

*runs off to PK a hell bovine and corn its beef*

14. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Cyradis is the female Khell..I swear.....SPAM.

Speaking of ranting, where's KS been?

15. cyradis2003

Who is this Khell person?

o_O

Did you know that in the books my name came from Cyradis is the Seeress of Kell?? Spooooooooooooooooooky!!!!!

Actually I was just trying to make a rather pointless point. PK threads are silly and should be treated as such.

(plus I like being silly, it is my one true calling) :jig:

16. toutim

toutim IncGamers Member

Well I'm not sure I'll be around on the 14th, so please take note right away that:

"joo noobs will all get pownerized by my roxxorizing 1337 chars",

even though

"omfg you're all haxxors stfu"

I think you can build on that, I'll be back on the 15th to argue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.