Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

In response to all the threads about Bnet lag...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by bg1256, Sep 21, 2006.

1. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

In response to all the threads about Bnet lag...

I don't actuallly play anymore, with the exception of playing SP once in a while on the weekends, but I want to throw this out to the community and see what all of you think.

As long as Blizzard is selling Diablo 2 LOD, they should offer what people pay to get: free online play. And not online play as it is now, with lag, realm down's, getting booted for simply playing. In my humble opinion, as long as they are selling the game with free online play, they should back up their product.

Now, I do not mean to be harsh in any way -- I played and enjoyed D2 on Bnet for only a $40.00 one-time fee -- but I think they should deliver what they are selling, and obviously still making some money from.

Discuss :thumbsup:

2. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Personally lag isnt a huge issue for me, not saying I dont get it jsut at infrequent times which may be more the result of mass duping sprees than anything else.
    Really considering playing on bnet is free I feel blizzard do a pretty good job.Supporting a game with patches and updates for six years is very commendable.
    The dupes on realms are a joke and I would rather be without them although there would have been a lot of "toys"that I would never have used without them:laugh:

3. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

What's lag?

4. Hemaka

Hemaka IncGamers Member

For starters, Thank you. I TOTALLY agree and believe that battle.net is getting totally out of hand.. i'm in the middle of being "restricted" myself

Too many people back up the statement of "stop complaining, its free." I'll say it once and i'll say it again, if money is so damned important to them [and it seems to be, they ARE a legitiment business], they should at least instate a small fee if they have to for this crap to STOP.. instead of throwing around its respected player base like this.

..my two cents..

5. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

I would gladly pay a small monthly fee for this, 5 dollars or so, but this has been discussed many times before and it is too late for Blizzard to do anything like that. It would have many advantages though, better serviced realms (servers) and less users, because many would probably quit.

:goofy:

6. BlueOctoberFan

BlueOctoberFan IncGamers Member

I don't see much of an issue with this. Generally speaking, the only problems that I have come from my connection and my habit of piggy-backing on other people's wireless networks. When I'm either plugged in, or in a place that I'm sitting next to the router, I have no issues. I've rarely experienced anything other than the small lag spikes, but even those are manageable, even in HC. As for realm downs and restrictions, I've played on-line for much of a weekend with multiple copies running, and have only gotten a temp-ban once. Given that this is a free service, I must say, Kudos to Blizzard and battle.net.

7. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

there is a saying that goes "you get what you pay for" that applies here.

there are free email services that have had troubles in the past, but people continue to use them because they become somewhat dependant on them, AND, hey, free.

it's the same with b.net .. players that spend any appreciable amount of time on the realms feel really tied to their accounts, and feel like they have a lot invested into their builds, when in fact the only thing that any of us have invested in b.net itself is paying for the cds, and time. lots of time.

blizz probably puts as many resources into b.net as it takes to keep the realms playable (ie - keep their servers alive) .. no more, no less. and the internet is a funny thing .. distance, number of nodes between service and client, etc all affect connections to the realms. blizz clearly can't be responsible for it all. it's working for the vast majority of people. if it weren't, people as a whole would have moved on.

8. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

I still commend blizzard on setting up Bnet as a free service .. other games offered the same ..at a price..the thing I dont get is that the temp bans /restrictions is new.
    Back in 1.09 you could run pindle till your eyes bled and still keep going :grin: no temp ban.Why now?
    If it was designed to stop duping/hacks it doesnt work and its time blizzard saw it and did something.Imo its hurting legit players more than the questionable others

9. Hemaka

Hemaka IncGamers Member

..very good point.. I used to pindlerun all the time for bout' an hour a day, and even during those days, when "pindlebots" were everywhere... I remember not having the "position in line to join" game problem as bad as i did near the middle of the second season of 1.10.. i'm guessing this was caused by those stupid baal bots flooding (which were also the reason that a legit player couldn't find a baal game for the life of em')

its probably b/c all the b.net people who still had morals n' proper judgement that didn't involve lazy monitoring of a buggy banbot, probably went to help develope guildwars :undecided:

10. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

I guess the solution is to start playing SP :thumbsup:

11. rykuss

rykuss Banned

It's nice to take a breather once in a while. I just hit NM Ancients with my SP Trapsin yesterday and found lots of things to start a Strafezon too. Some rare bows, a Twitchthroe and some leech rings. I can't wait to see how she performs. :wink3: