Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

in need of suggestions..

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ispankpigeons, Nov 10, 2006.

1. ispankpigeons

ispankpigeons Diabloii.Net Member

in need of suggestions..

..for my zon's act 3 cold merc.

He's currently wearing a sanctuary eth monarch, a gulliames(useless for him but he needs the str from it to continue wearing the sanctuary) a bramble dusk shroud and no weapon.

i'm completely stumped on what kind of weapon to give him. best i could think of would be a phoenix pb, but the fact that itd only heal himself turns me off from that. needs to be something good for a caster of course.

also need ideas on a replacement for his guilliames. something that gives alot to strength and would be good for a caster.

any suggestions?

2. adddm

adddm Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure why you want the Sanctuary on this Merc. I always thought the best addition to a Act 3 Merc was + skill equipment and Faster Cast Rate. So I'd say put a Spirit Sword (+2 skills, FCR, FHR), Spirit Monarch (+2 skills, FCR, FHR), Lionheart (resists, +25 str) or better yet Chains of Honor (+2 skills, resists, +20 str) and a Shako (+2 skills,+2 str) or a Delirium (+2 skills and a bunch of stuff if struck). If the +15 str on Gulliames is enough to wear the monarch then either armor above will also.

Note that Act 3 Merc almost never actually attack with their swords and they do not block with their shields. So any +dam mods or +blocking mods are a waste.

For cheaper options, try a Culwens Point sword (+1 skills, FHR), Viper Magi armor (+1 skills, resists, FCR), Lidless Wall shield (+1 skills, FCR), and Lore (+1 skills)/Peasant Crown (+1 skills)/Rockstopper (resists, DR) helm.

3. ispankpigeons

I'd love to go with a spirit pb/spirit monarch combo, but i'm NL, so they're pretty hard to get.

Sanctuary is just a cheap way of getting his resists up.

4. Leohappy

Leohappy Diabloii.Net Member

lawbringer / heled storm / kiras / guardian angel

this is what my act3 merc uses on my h-din, 90% all res/35% dr/sanctuary aura

5. ispankpigeons

is the sanctuary actually effective damage wise, or do you just use it for the knockback on mages and such?

also mine's a cold one, so i'd have to substitute a fal'd nightwings.

6. Leohappy

sanctuary is good vs. undead because of knockback

act3 mercs never use their swords as weapons (even if they do it's extremely rare)

7. ispankpigeons

i know, i meant the damage it does passively from the aura, not the damage from the lawbringer itself

anyway, thanks. that sounds like an ideal setup.

since im nl, which do you think would be easier for me to get; azurewrath or lawbringer?

both would give a sanctuary aura

edit: think a treachery would work better than ga?

8. Leohappy

i don't see where treachery would be better, you get 5% ctc fade but lose 15% to all maximum resistances and a free socket

i wouldn't know which weapon would be easier to get on nl but they shouldn't be too expensive, but i prefer lawbringer since it has higher aura with better radius