In need of help from all you simpsons experts

tintrail

Diabloii.Net Member
In need of help from all you simpsons experts

hey guys, well I know that some of you people here have insane amounts of knowledge about the simpsons, but this question also requires you to know something about music :surprise: .

well anyways, this is my question. in one of the episodes, lisas saxaphone gets run over by a truck (basically it gets destroyed is all I can remember). and at the end of this episode, she plays this awesome saxaphone tune on her sax. i have heard this tune before, so i know it is not made up.

my question is, what is the name of this tune?

I know it is a really vague description, but the best I can come up with using my limited simpsons knowledge. If you need to know what the tune sounds like, I guess it goes something like,

na na na bapa na na naaaaaaaa

hehe, anyways, thanks for the help guys, if you can help that is, otherwaise, just thanks:thumbsup:

newb-newb-newb2

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember the episode, but not the music, and it's been a long time since they showed it on TV in my louse country with only old reruns etc. :rant:
Anyway, wasn't the title something about the word saxophone (spelling...)? Try to download it or something, maybe the title of the tune is in the credits.

(I do of course realize that downloading anything off the Internet is a serious crime by federal law (or something else that sounds impressive). Do not listen to my advice. You have been warned.)

Edit: Seems the question was answered while I was typing.

tintrail

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
The song is Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty. (Also later covered by the Foo Fighters.)
ohh man, suggestive, heres a chocolate chip cookie, and be(er)verage of your choice. :buddies:

thanks so much man, been looking for this song for a hella long time now, and you came up with it in two seconds.

listening to it as we speak, chalk one up for the helpfulness of the OTF. woo woo. thanks again. :fish: :strong:

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
I feel so....so...schooled. Please, oh great Simpsons person, teach me all you know.

piff said:
I feel so....so...schooled. Please, oh great Simpsons person, teach me all you know.
Dammit I should have been in teh OTF rather than studying! I knew this! Gah! Here is a question. What was the plot of the first ever airing of the Simpsons and what show was it from?

How many times has Apu been shot?

How many words has Maggie spoken?

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
I forget the plot, but wasn't it on the Tracey Ullman show? Apu has been shot a number of times, somewhere between 0 and 4.3 x 10^45 times. That range also brackets the number of words Maggie has spoken. Booya!

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
suggestive--you pwned us all...i got a forty with your name on it...if you're legal.

you must come to me tonight to claim it

theBlackKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
other than in that one episode where she said

this is a disturbing universe isnt it?

and when she said " da da " after homer told more childhood stories of bart, lisa, and maggie, I cannot recall another one, so my answer is

8 words

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Stevinator said:
suggestive--you pwned us all...i got a forty with your name on it...if you're legal.

you must come to me tonight to claim it
I must say I love forties. A couple weeks ago myself and 9 other friends completed Operation 40-40's. The 10 of us killed 40 forties between 3pm and 1:30am. The parts I remember were fun.

Pierrot le Fou

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
I must say I love forties. A couple weeks ago myself and 9 other friends completed Operation 40-40's. The 10 of us killed 40 forties between 3pm and 1:30am. The parts I remember were fun.
My frat used to have a party called 40 and a blunt.

I'll let you figure out what that entailed...

...cuz quite frankly, I don't remember.

Anakha1

Banned
DurfBarian said:
No, you drink a 40 but you're required to do it from the blunt end of the bottle.

There's a sharp end of the bottle? You're not supposed to break it to get it open, Durf. That would mangle your face. Or is that why you look like that? :teeth: