Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

In love with Atma

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SeCKSEgai, Jul 15, 2010.

1. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

In love with Atma

Ok not really. But seriously, for all the years I knew of its existence, I didn't realize just how convenient it is. I can't imagine ever going back to perming games and transferring online hoping the server doesn't crash, not to mention no longer having to wait out the perming process. I don't know how much time she's saved me.

Atma, what a beautiful thing. All SP needs is an approved method of getting anni's and torches and all you'll have left to miss is the ladder/nl pvp =P.

2. TemplarRoadkill

TemplarRoadkill IncGamers Member

Re: In love with Atma

+1

one of the reasion why i moved to SP permanently.. also Bnet full of dupes and bots.. eeeeech!

using GoMule but you get the point ;)

3. xxnothing

xxnothing IncGamers Member

ATMA and/or GoMule are indeed glorious!

4. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

I agree completely... ATMA is the key to making D2 a long term hobby for me, and I love the drop calculator... very handy that!

It really completes the game, as far as I'm concerned.

5. Hoop76

Hoop76 IncGamers Member

ATMA is great. I have been using GoMule alot more lately, it seems to be easier to organize for me, and i like not having to drag and drop items.

6. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Actually been looking at moving to goMule. The idea of using filters sounds very tempting. I hope ATMA gets a full 1.13c update soon.

7. Grapeape

Grapeape IncGamers Member

Aye, atma/gomule is quite handy indeed, the drop calculator is very handy although im a bit suspicious of it's accuracy at times, but none the less quite helpful when MFing.

8. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

ATMA is will always be great in that in was the first application and revolutionised SP playing. However IMO GoMule is now significantly better (and not just because it works on a Mac and I don't need to use virtual PC).

9. Crehl

Crehl IncGamers Member

Do I sense this turning into a ATMA v GoMule debate?

I only really use GoMule nowadays. One thing I will say, however is that I far prefer ATMA's drop calculator to that of GoMule.

Other than that, GoMule has everything going for it. Separate projects, item filters (Absolutely necessary even in small/medium stashes), built-in Flavie and a better pick up/drop system than ATMA... by a mile - just to list a few.

Seriously, if anyone's still using ATMA but hasn't tried GoMule, go for it. Took me a few weeks to get accustomed to it as I'd used ATMA so much more, but it was definitely worth it. Without a doubt.

10. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

I Actually use both - atma generally for ease of use, but gomule for any significant sorting since the filters actually work logically.

You don't realize how much muling is a pain on bnet till you get fully accustomed to atma/gomule and then remember what you used to have to do =)

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot IncGamers Member

As someone who uses ATMA and has never tried GoMule, could you explain this a little more? ATMA does allow filtering by item type, and also filtering alphabetically. What type of filtering does GoMule employ that ATMA does not? I'm currently happy with ATMA, but I'm always willing to try something that is potentially better...

12. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

I still use ATMA for most stuff, generally open up GoMule when I want a flavie report, when I want to search for a rare with specific mods, or when filling up characters with pgems for rerolling or crafting ingredients (much more convenient than ATMA). For everything else, I prefer ATMA.

13. bcoe

bcoe IncGamers Member

I played with ATMA for years and recently switched to GoMule. They are both terrific. GoMule does have many more filtering options (level required, strength required, unique/rw/set/magic/rare, etc - and can have more than one "filter" active at a time). I think it boils down to ATMA is simpler and easier to figure out at first, but GoMule is more powerful. bottom line, though, is that both are great and more than adequate as a muling tool.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment of the OP. The presence of ATMA (or GoMule) is what changed D2 from a passing interest for a few weeks into a hobby that took over 6-7 years for me. Completely changes the game and is central to my enjoyment of it. Wonderful programs.

14. Crehl

Crehl IncGamers Member

GoMule allows you to filter by just about anything - Normal/Exceptional/Elite, Ethereal, Unique, Set, Runewords, Rare, magic, Crafted, Socketed (Including specific number of sockets) as well as what I believe ATMA offers, by item type.

I have 531 items in my 'Sockets' stash. Let's say I want to find a base for an Edge runeword. In GoMule, all I have to do is check Socketed, 3 Sock, Weapon and Bow - and I've got a list of all the 3os bows I have in that stash, which I can then easily sort by lvl/str/dex requirements. Take a look.

This can be applied to anything. Want to know if you have an eth upped Duriel's Shell lying around? Just as easy.

There's also an 'All' 'stash' in GoMule. It contains every item you have across all your stashes and characters. It'll show you a list of every item, where it currently is (character/stash) and allow you to pick it up and move it elsewhere. Useful if think you've lost an item and can't find it.

Also see Fabian's reply regarding mods on rares. I don't think there's any way in ATMA you can find, for example, some rare boots with at least 25% fire resist without looking through every single pair you have.

That said, I was perfectly happy with ATMA. It does the job it's supposed to perfectly fine and I could have lived without GoMule. The time that GoMule saves me, however, is the biggest noticeable difference I can think of. All it needs is a drop calculator to rival ATMA's :)

My overall stance on ATMA/GoMule is this:
    -Both will do the job of muling and stashing fine. You could use either one forever and be happy.
    -If you want something that does it's job without features you think you may never use, then by all means go ATMA. It keeps things simpler.
    -If you want extra functionality with muling, then use GoMule. It can do stuff ATMA can't.

I Guess I'm starting to sound like a walking GoMule advertisement...

15. TemplarRoadkill

TemplarRoadkill IncGamers Member

I got all stuff in one stash, stuff i gather and found myseld.. the got runes up to Gul and higher trade in their own stashes so i know where they are from

16. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

I use both. ATMA as primary, GoMule as secondary, mostly for essences and respec tokens, mass xfers for crafting, etc. GoMule is great, but suffers from some really annoying graphical glitches on my system. That, and ATMA is what I'm accustomed to from previous SP adventures.

17. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

That's probably not GoMule's problem, but your install of Java interacting with your video. Update both and you'll probably get rid of that problem.

18. Vodnik

Vodnik Banned

I used ATMA until 1.13c came out. After that, I decided I wanted something different, and since ATMA had not come out with an official version for 1.13c... well it couldn't have been better timing.

At first, I was very confused on how to move things around, but after a few minutes I got the hang of it. Once you understand how it all works, it becomes very, very awesome. Everything about GoMule is an improvement from ATMA, and it is much easier to use. I really do suggest giving it a try.

19. tavaritz

tavaritz Banned

I'm old and old dog or human don't learn new tricks very easily. I can not work a martial arts assasin as the hit, hit, hit, kick cycle is too much for my hand-eye co-ordination.

In same sense I'm accustomed to Atma. I have GoMule and I use it for reporting tool.

What comes to the filters I rather look through all my handgear as I might not want the one with 25% fire res because the one that only has 23% has 10%IAS. So I think that eyeball search in these cases are much more suitable, because you don't know what you want until you see it.

I think both have their place and each to their own, but that was my 6p.

20. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

I wasn't blaming GoMule. I thought I'd worded my post in a way that reflected that. The problem is almost certainly something re: the way the JRE and my video system interact, but both are up to date.