Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

In general, what's the most expensive character to outfit? <

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BlueDogAnchorite, Sep 13, 2006.

1. BlueDogAnchorite

BlueDogAnchorite IncGamers Member

In general, what's the most expensive character to outfit?

Considering a rich outfitting.
    Ignoring charms.
    Still the paladin?

Cheers, Blue

2. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

I would assume a hammerdin or a fury druid if you wanted to go top notch.

But a very top notch javazon can be extremely expensive also. As can a very top light sorc.

Hell, lots of them can be insanely expensive if you go all out (including merc gear).

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Auradin, or dream enchantress if you are talking about build. If you're talking about class, I guess it would just be in order of popularity.

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Any character with one-time-only items, such as a BvC like:

EBug 15%/40/400/-25% GriefZ
    Ebug perfect BeastZ
    Ebug perfect Enigma
    Bugged belt
    2* godly rare fcr rings (10 fcr/90mana/120ar/20str/60life/11allres)
    godly rare boots (30% FRW, 40 all res, +9 dex) (dunno if such is even possible)
    1.08 HL
    ebug arreat's socketed with a legitimate 40/15%
    Perfect CoA 'BerBer'
    2* echoing daggers of Life Tap

33*legitimate 32020s
    4* legitimate 5/5s
    perfect anni
    perfect torch

That's quit expensive.

5. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Without charms, bowazons. Not very expensive in general, her helm may be worth 10 hammerdins alone. (jeweler's diadem of the whale +100 life, not even trying to imagine max defense) In fact, she is priceless, since there is no JDW +100 on Europe at the moment, afaik. 40/15 also add some price to the deal, but nothing to compare to the helm.

6. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

i'd have to agree with bowzons using 2 skills, 30frw, 2os circlets or one stated above are quite expensive.

however hammerdins or v/t are quite expensive with the pcombat prices espically the 40+ lifer charms which go for whopping prices over other skillers.

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

- Usually the female ones, with all those sockets to fill with gems and jewelery and ...

Oh wait , wrong thread.

8. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

He said without charms though.
    Prolly not be smiter, or hdin, if excluding charms - since runewords are easily rerolled. godly caster rings and rare 2os Tiaras with 5 other highend mods would be worth the most, ammys as well. Although, this would be true for sorcs as well as bone necs, who'd be more apt to rely on these items than a hdin or bvc. Although, that eth glitched gear would get hella expensive -_-.

Those boots are possible, but I'm not sure if they spawn anymore. I think it may be only 5 dex as a maximum on boots now.

In comparison to bvcs or sorcs, bowzons are wayso cheap.

9. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

I love you Gorny.

10. arcticknight

arcticknight IncGamers Member

Top notch melee chars. Especially Fury druids. Zealers can get very expensive. So can Conc barbs. Actual legit gear for each can get some crazy prices. (EDC, COA, godly fury/conc weapon, Godly Exiles, Crazy melee jewels come to mind) That WWbarb seems to be the most expensive though even though those items are so unreasonably rare or dont exist.

11. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Errmm, I would disagree, EDC and COA are uniques, hence, they are borne to be limited in the higher end of price. Same goes for runewords and melee jewels are not that expensive. When I quit the realms they were several HR's worth, even a perf EDC bests that. Concerning godly exiles, well, you could pay about 10 or even 20 HR for a really good shield, but not more.

Runewords are considered cheap, (strange to hear for a guy who never saw a HR, but that's it) and uniques drop quite often so that they could go high, but not sky-high. The only moment when an unique could get really high in price is the time the first perfect drops on ladder. This season the first perfect Death's Fathom sold for about 200 HR (could be wrong). But the reason for this is that such items are a gold mine for item shops, thus, they are willing to dupe any amount of high runes to get their hands on them. So, such prices are not quite reasonable. I could very well say that most perfect popular uniques would go under 50 (maybe 100 in some cases) HR and rarely if ever a char would need them. Yes, perf Tyrael's Might is nearly impossible to find, but it won't really go high because it is not that useful. That DF was an exception, and there were several other reasons for its price to get that high which I listed above.

So, RWs and uniques are not top sellers, the most expensive items evar are rares and magics. The fabled stuff like JMOD, JDW and Jeweler's armors of the Whale\FHR bonus. A 100-lifer (Diadem, Tiaras go for somewhat less) could sell for, say, 500 HR, with perf def its price would be totally impossible to calculate. It is totally impossible, though, to place the price tag on rares, though some combinations could mean power. Anyway, way above any thinkable unique or RW.

So, I could agree on Fury Druids (the weapon being the main question), but, concerning other melee classes - no, they are not that expensive. Unaffordable for most and unplayable without good gear, they are still limited in price.

*HR prices for Europe Realm about 4 months ago*

EDIT: Actually, the most rich people are quite nice. Hammerdins/Smiters form the majority of the jerk population because they are comparatively cheap to assemble with their perfect gear (excluding 45 palacombats) and still, somehow make their owner feel rich, so that every jerk with a determination will someday have one.

12. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Jmods and Jeweler armors are limited in price within themselves though. They're also easier to come by (and cheaper) than some of the highend caster gear I've had / traded. Fury druids are.. really not very expensive in all. One of my sorcs fc rings could prolly buy a complete druid, minus the charms. Although 40+ ss gcs are on the low end of the charm scale, so it would be close. I ended up selling my sorc tiara for 2x jmods + 28 hRs, and it wasnt even 2os. The Jeweler tiaras are also fairly easy (relatively) to come by; it's just not on the same level.

13. antirush

antirush IncGamers Member

I really do believe it would be a pure melee fury druid. The weapon - a cruel/masters/eth + repair/quickness/2os fanged knife, along with the jewels (something like 30ed 7fhr 9str 9dex) for the helm/armor are unbelievably expensive.

14. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Not agreed. As stated, I came out of business about 4 months ago, but back then, there was NO 100-lifer on Europe Ladder at all. (well, at least not at *the very well-known high-end trading forum we are not allowed to talk about* and they try to keep track of all top-notch items on the realm, but, then again, I could of course miss it, but it doesn't change much) Not even a Tiara, and Diadems are even more rare. And stuff like Griefs and Enigmas was being sold in bundles of 100.

P.S. I agree though that some rares, sorc circlets in specific, could go for insane prices topping even those. I listed JMOD because its quite a stabilized magic item and its price easily beats any known runeword (at least with imperfect stats) and most uniques.

The "perfect wind druid pelt" would be another example of an insane cost item that is nearly impossible to spawn.

15. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

How can you ignore charms?

For many characters the charms are worth MUCH more than the cost of the equipment.

16. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

Thats why we ignore charms.-> 40 3/20/20 or 10 pala 45 life. Thats a cheap shot to add value to a build.

Id say Bowazons. Some nice 30frw 3 sock diadem, with 3 40/15 ias jewels. Fortitute, Faith. Nice gloves with ias, passive skills and knockback(oO).

17. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Yes, everyone uses pretty much the same thing, but it heavily tips the balance in faavor of sorcs and pallies because their skills charms and torches are quite expensive in bulk.

18. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

Perfect COA=30+ HR
    Insane Exile=20+ HR
    Perfect Grief=40+ HR

Pallys to me have it wrapped up.

19. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

I really do think that an insane rare does cost more than an insane coa, exile or grief. Thus kicking the pala with a sorc for example. Fcr ring, orb, circlet with perfect stats.

edit: fcr ring x2

And what the overall most expensive char could be, beats me.

20. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

I still keep my 2soc/30allres/15%dr COA on my old EuHC account from the previous ladder...

*sob* It was time i was dirty rich. :thumbsup: