In-depth PvP Bone Nec Guide

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator
not to mention bonewall/prison each give +15 damage sorbed instead of +10 damage per point with bone armor
:prop: :laugh: :prop: :rolleyes:

I am debating a bone nec myself, I would probably go max block myself though, what skill do you kill with mostly? spear or spirit?

IIRC you prefer vita over block - do golem and strategic tele save you from guided arrows? what about good barbs? I've built a welfare psn nec but it takes time to adjust to lowish life, I am at 2.1k atm at level 90 (max block), once I mule some charms it will go up but won't make a major difference I guess.

Xombie

Diabloii.Net Member
I am debating a bone nec myself, I would probably go max block myself though, what skill do you kill with mostly? spear or spirit?

IIRC you prefer vita over block - do golem and strategic tele save you from guided arrows? what about good barbs? I've built a welfare psn nec but it takes time to adjust to lowish life, I am at 2.1k atm at level 90 (max block), once I mule some charms it will go up but won't make a major difference I guess.
It's all situational. Sometimes you'll need the homing/stunning capabilities of spirit whereas other times you'll need the speed of spear. Generally I use spirit for long range spam and defensive duels and spear when I am tele stomping.

Well, I duel in NM where I can abuse the physical immunity of Oak. But arrows aren't really a problem as long as you don't let it stack up. If a wave of multi hits you, there's usually going to be more coming. Let your golem/bone armor soak up that first multi and get out. If I'm hit, I just hit a corner and recast then go back out. Same goes with guided arrow. Never try to jump the zon without at least a golem up. Strafe is a *****. Lol, Spirit Monarch sucks vs zons too. Blocklocks so bad =/.

Same thing with all whirlwind based chars. Keep stack up and your distance. Use bone spirits. It's a boring duel.

For a 1v1 or FFA type of duels, of course I would prefer max block. However, in team duels I usually put on a 4Lo monarch anyways so I lose the max block with Stormshield. That's why I just went all vita.

:prop: :prop: :prop: :prop:

scasey

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a lvl 60 nec doing chaos runs at the moment, and I havent placed any skill or stat points yet.

My question. Could I sacrifice a few points from prison to get 1 point in skeleton mastery, 1 point skele, 1 point mage, 1 point revives? I would like to have some meat shields along with my golem for a bit more added protection. I figure with +skills they would add up. I know it might come in handy against fohers. Also might help against immunes in hell pvm as well.

Is it worth it?

elmek

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a lvl 60 nec doing chaos runs at the moment, and I havent placed any skill or stat points yet.

My question. Could I sacrifice a few points from prison to get 1 point in skeleton mastery, 1 point skele, 1 point mage, 1 point revives? I would like to have some meat shields along with my golem for a bit more added protection. I figure with +skills they would add up. I know it might come in handy against fohers. Also might help against immunes in hell pvm as well.

Is it worth it?
Aren't you referrng to the BM setup outlined in the guide?

I'm making a nec and dont really feel the need to go max block.
I'm considering the following setup:
CoA Cham Ber
wizzy/spirit sword (casters 86/melee 152)
enigma
spirit shield
verdungo
2x fcr rings
waterwalks
trangs
amulet 15+fcr

Do you have any experience with a setup like this? Any suggestions?

ZeronXXx

Diabloii.Net Member
War of the masses, the outcome, disastrous
many of the victims family save they ashes
a million names engraved on walls in plaques
those who went back received penalty for the axe
another heart is torn as close ones mourn
those who stray, nukkas get slayed on the song

Oops, sorry about the typo, I mean nice guide etc senor andrew.
I may make a bone nec 'cause bored of t/v etc etc.

CdMagicFind

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, pretty good (best I've seen) guide. I have a 91 vita one based off this. Trying to get on ladder, haha. Would going block have been better for pubbies and/or certain league duels?

And uh, the vita build seems to need str if it's on ladder, since there's no stat boots. Unless you get ~36 from circ + ammy?

beadebaser

Diabloii.Net Member
How important is the +125%fcr?

How much of a disadvantage would it be to have one breakpoint worse?

I'm not sure I can get my hands on decent fcr jewelry or circlet that are good enough to replace sojs/Maras/Shako.

DayDream

Diabloii.Net Member
How important is the +125%fcr?

How much of a disadvantage would it be to have one breakpoint worse?

I'm not sure I can get my hands on decent fcr jewelry or circlet that are good enough to replace sojs/Maras/Shako.
A huge difference when teleporting in pvp. Not enough fcr and they'll telestomp/namelock easier. Plus the rate you shoot is so much better.

DayDream

Diabloii.Net Member
Following the vital build
In GM 1v1 duels, what absorb is allowed to be used? hotspur allowed? Do I swap out the ravens for whatever %absorb ring?

Xombie

Diabloii.Net Member
Following the vital build
In GM 1v1 duels, what absorb is allowed to be used? hotspur allowed? Do I swap out the ravens for whatever %absorb ring?
depends on where you duel really

you can always find a good mix of hotspurs, noko, vex shako, etc

you don't really need the raven on unless you're dueling a wind druid

DayDream

Diabloii.Net Member
ooh, a response.. I see..

The plain walk/run strategy against druids seems to be working but does the boots need high frw for it to be even more effective?

Xombie

Diabloii.Net Member
Dunno, I always duel druids with my enigma + 30frw boots on

I think the frw on just the enigma should be enough though

thepandafactor

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, pretty good (best I've seen) guide. I have a 91 vita one based off this. Trying to get on ladder, haha. Would going block have been better for pubbies and/or certain league duels?

And uh, the vita build seems to need str if it's on ladder, since there's no stat boots. Unless you get ~36 from circ + ammy?
Treks? :p .

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
okay. so for max block nec wouldn't whistand > ss? save alot more dex.
It may save points into Dexterity, but you lose quite a bit of DR. The end result would be about 250 life versus the 35% DR. Stormshield is an amazing shield for a block nec. There is no shield that comes close for a block nec.

asakuraaa

Diabloii.Net Member
as necro you may use whistans or homukolus. since this is a pvp guide i would use whistans and only vs. ama and barbs, for the rest i would use spirit.