Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

improving the site www.diabloii.net

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by pimpadryla, Sep 11, 2006.

1. pimpadryla

pimpadryla IncGamers Member

improving the site www.diabloii.net

hey, we have plenty of forums how to improve/change the game diablo2, but what about this cool site? www.diabloii.net?
    is there people who have any suggestions? any buggs or any problems they see in the web site?
    my idea is to expand hardcore graveyard, also have people to send pictures in the game... what about the drawing contests? etc, website was not made news since august 12..... its a month ! lol
    have voting polls, about anything, like what har u like most to do act2 single, with no help... etc..:)

2. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

Yea they need to at least update front page.

3. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

The "Fact of the day" should be renamed "Fact of the year" or something like that :grin: !

4. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

Pretty much and the same trade things are there too.

5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

If you want to take over, go ask. Flux is busy with the Hellgate site and not very interested in D2 anymore. Elly and Rush run the whole loadedinc network and don't play anymore either. Gaile is working as PR rep for Guild Wars.
    No one with the required knowledge wants to take on a full time job for a 6 year old (or maybe only almost 6 years) game when the Arreat Summit has pretty much everything.

6. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

I think what we need is the following:

* Put out 1 article a day, which could be about anything remotely related to the game.

* Update the fact of the day archive, so the outdated ones are removed, newer ones are added, then simply rotate between them everyday. I'm sure that we can update the archive to get it up to 300 tips, which would roughly be 1 a day for a year.

* Update the info section of the site. Its mostly still correct, just needs a little combing through to make it up to date, then leave as is.

* The trade section could instead display the Thread Titles for the newest Trade threads on all the trade forums. One each.

I dunno.. any other thoughts?

7. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Or decade :rolleyes:

8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I'm going to move this thread to the bugs and suggestions forum, since it is in effect a suggestion thread.

A few points on how, and who to submit suggestions to for this site and it's forums.

First off, if you have an idea or suggestion for a specific forum, it's best to send a PM to the mod or mods assigned to a forum. In the event that there are no mods assigned, and it is something simple, then you can send a PM to one of us mods and we will bring it up before the rest of the staff. If you have an idea or suggestion for the website itself, and not the forums, then you need to send a PM to Elly or Rush. They are the Admins that run this site, and they have the final say as to if a change is going to be made, and they are the only ones that can change the content of the website itself (not the forums, mind you) we mods cannot do this.

Also, please be advised that the cost for this site is payed for from Elly's and Rush's own pockets + Pal donations, so they are on a budget.

9. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Update:

I have received word from Elly that some updates for the site are indeed planned.

i can't get into what exactly but rumor has it that is going to be alot going on :p

10. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

Yes! Rumor mongering! Okey I'll go...

I heard that Elly is gonna cash in all the sohs so that every one you contribute gives you 5 minutes of palship.

Minimum quantity 288. (1 day)

11. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

@ the mods:

Please take this as constructive criticism. We are all thankful for this site and the amount of work you all put into it.

*removes nose from Gorny's rear*

edit 1: I'd like it if the background color were a little more friendly on the eyes...and yes, I know you can change it once you're a pal.

12. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Elly posted in the Mod Forum right after I moved this thread here about some things, which I can't post here just yet.

She's been busy with a few RL concerns as well.

13. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Eh, I decided to stay with the original. I don't like the others. A nice light blue background would be nice though.

14. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i heard that the forum upgrade was going to come with a few new mods. :scratch: how is that for a rumour?

15. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

we dont need any new mods i dont think ^_^