Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Improving my mercs gear for hell cows

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by freefree, Oct 19, 2006.

1. freefree

freefree IncGamers Member

Improving my mercs gear for hell cows

I've recently begun doing hell cows for socketable gear gems and runes, but I've noticed my merc dies suddenly everonce and a while. If I take it slow and by myself he can tank small crowds. It kinda looks like he's being hit locked and can't attack to leech when he's surrounded.

His gear being:
    Vampire gaze (hate to be a scammer but god i got a great deal on this almost perfect helm 8% ml & ll 17% dmg red)
    Tomb Reaver (3 amns, came that way so no choice on runes)
    Shaft Stop

Some options I have:
    I just found 3 socket Dusk shroud and mage plate, a plain Archon Plate that I'm Goin to try and socket. Does the add socket quest in act 5 automatically add the max sockets or does it just add one more socket, and does the difficulty your in effect the outcome. With time i can always come up with these quest it doesn't take long to take a summoner to act 5 with rushing.

I was thinking Durress in the dusk shroud, if I don't like it it can always be traded and the runes are relativly easy to come by, the Um would be my only problem. Also would upping the shaftstop and putting a shael in it help that much, And what would be a good socketable for the vamp gaze (keep in mind good jewels are hard for me to come by for me)

sorry if that was a bit of a mess

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

The socket quest adds max sockets to an item, assuming the ilvl of the item is high enough to support its max sockets. You cannot add sockets to an item that already has sockets. In the case of your mage plate and archon plate, they will get 3 and 4 sockets respectively. The difficulty at which you use the socket quest also does not matter.

3. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

It looks like your merc is really lacking FHR. There's a few ways to do this. I'd stay with the gear you have and add in some sheals (helm and armor) for FHR. You should probably up the armor as well.

4. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

When I did cow runs with my BlizzBaller, I used Shaft, Andy Face and Obedience, he had no problems staying alive. Non upped shaft btw. So If you find a Eth Thresher, socket it at Larzuk to 5sox and make Obedience. He could even tag along on Baal runs. But you need more FHR.

I dont thing It's worth to up the Shaft if you are poor.

5. Bushka

Bushka IncGamers Member

I'm a blizzballer myself and i use infinity / andies / eth fort thats about 2300 defence.

The biggest thing i've found is just flat out defence since theres not really much in the way of casting in the hell cow games.