Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Important question! Conc and dual wield

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by tl998, Feb 17, 2004.

1. tl998

tl998 Banned

Important question! Conc and dual wield

Important question! Before I go around dual-wielding my two sword-guard swords I need to know if Concentrate speed is affected by dual wielding at all! I do half the damage I'd do with only one sword, and if I don't swing faster with concentrate (or even if the speed bonus isn't big enough) then I won't bother. Does anyone know the answer to this? Halciet?

2. LongScar

LongScar IncGamers Member

Dual wield doesn't effect swing speed at all, you'd be way better to grab a shield, or even go two handed for bigger damage.

3. tl998

tl998 Banned

So dual wielding is pretty much only good for Frenzy and whirlwind?

4. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

Ya I have the same question, I have the BK set, using it on my Barb, my first Barb I've ever made. And I noticed that just using the CS does double or so the damamge I'd get when using the set...Should I got with CS, CS and shield, or full set? And do the bonuses make up for it?

5. LongScar

LongScar IncGamers Member

Also singers sometimes duel wield Wizard spikes, but frenzy, double swing, double throw, and ww are the only ones that duel wielding benefits.

I can't imagine ever getting better bonuses from duel wielding then a shield would give in a concentrate barb. Of course shield or two handed is a more personal choice.

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Word, thanks for covering for me Long; after the busy week/weekend and being somewhat sick, my responsiveness has been sluggish. I still have some PMs and several questions in the guide thread to get around to.

But yeah, dual wielding isn't really going to help you much as a conc barb. I suppose you were doing it thinking that going from two-handed swing to one-handed swing would factor in, but I believe that all swords are classified as one-handed swing for ias purposes in general.

-Hal

7. tl998

tl998 Banned

Well...there is one more situaiton wear dual-wielding would be beneficial: Echoing weapons!

Speaking of which...where's the best place to shop for some +3 to warcry weapons? hell anya only has Assasin claws (which is good and all for my trapper needs, but bad for war-crying needs! :lol: )

8. Fanaatikko-

Fanaatikko- IncGamers Member

tl998:
    Hell Larzuk would be good. Atleast in .09 I got there some echo weapons. He can also have lots of other good items (cruels etc.) Just bring a big enough char and cash.