Important question! Conc and dual wield

tl998

Banned
Important question! Conc and dual wield

Important question! Before I go around dual-wielding my two sword-guard swords I need to know if Concentrate speed is affected by dual wielding at all! I do half the damage I'd do with only one sword, and if I don't swing faster with concentrate (or even if the speed bonus isn't big enough) then I won't bother. Does anyone know the answer to this? Halciet?

LongScar

Diabloii.Net Member
tl998 said:
Important question! Before I go around dual-wielding my two sword-guard swords I need to know if Concentrate speed is affected by dual wielding at all! I do half the damage I'd do with only one sword, and if I don't swing faster with concentrate (or even if the speed bonus isn't big enough) then I won't bother. Does anyone know the answer to this? Halciet?
Dual wield doesn't effect swing speed at all, you'd be way better to grab a shield, or even go two handed for bigger damage.

Ya I have the same question, I have the BK set, using it on my Barb, my first Barb I've ever made. And I noticed that just using the CS does double or so the damamge I'd get when using the set...Should I got with CS, CS and shield, or full set? And do the bonuses make up for it?

LongScar

Diabloii.Net Member
Also singers sometimes duel wield Wizard spikes, but frenzy, double swing, double throw, and ww are the only ones that duel wielding benefits.

I can't imagine ever getting better bonuses from duel wielding then a shield would give in a concentrate barb. Of course shield or two handed is a more personal choice.

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Word, thanks for covering for me Long; after the busy week/weekend and being somewhat sick, my responsiveness has been sluggish. I still have some PMs and several questions in the guide thread to get around to.

But yeah, dual wielding isn't really going to help you much as a conc barb. I suppose you were doing it thinking that going from two-handed swing to one-handed swing would factor in, but I believe that all swords are classified as one-handed swing for ias purposes in general.

-Hal

tl998

Banned
Well...there is one more situaiton wear dual-wielding would be beneficial: Echoing weapons!

Speaking of which...where's the best place to shop for some +3 to warcry weapons? hell anya only has Assasin claws (which is good and all for my trapper needs, but bad for war-crying needs! :lol: )

Fanaatikko-

Diabloii.Net Member
tl998:
Hell Larzuk would be good. Atleast in .09 I got there some echo weapons. He can also have lots of other good items (cruels etc.) Just bring a big enough char and cash.