Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Impertinent Minions?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by zaphette, Jan 28, 2004.

1. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

Impertinent Minions?

I've noticed this before, but not all the time.

I'm played in the tombs in act 2. My skellis keep opening doors on thier own!

I'm kind of a control freak, and think that it should be my decision when we will or will not open a door. :)

Has anyone else noticed this? Am I the only one the unsummons the offending party?

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

they do. what can i say? they do tend to get crazy when they :drink:. But don't we all?

g

:yep:

3. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

It's not when the skeletons open doors that bothers me. It's when the damn mages do.

"How the hell did you do that when your hands are virtually balls of frosty air?!"

"Well speak up bonehead!"

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Necrochild, use your brain. They are MAGES! They open doors using MAGIC!

I hate it when doors get opened with out my permission. They always do it when there is a Boss-pack behind the door.

5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

I love that especially when 98% of your forces are focused on the boss pack (fanat by the way) in the room your in, and you watch as one of your dumb little skelli's walks on over, like the friggin pizza man is behind that damn door!

*ding dong*
    skellie: Hello? Mr. Pizza Guy?
    *door swings open*
    gvandale was killed by moon lord

g

:yep:

6. the_tree

the_tree IncGamers Member

I'm glad you posted this, I thought I was going completely mad. I had noticed that as well but I assumed that minions couldn't open doors, so I didn't know what was going on.

7. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

The druid's humpin` post has come buy again, we are truelly blessed.

I like Enigma on my Commando. Doors? No, teleport!

~Kbob

8. the_tree

the_tree IncGamers Member

I don't let druids hump me :rant: . A druids member has never entered me, nor has my member ever entered a druid. I'm a strict necrophile. I only have sex with the dead. Just because my name has a naturalist tinge to it doesn't mean I'm a druid humper or humpee. Now, on the other hand, I am totally new to the necromancer. I have only recently experienced the joy's of the skellimancer and have discovered that there is much love to be gained from him. So, please, let's keep the slander to the absolute minimum.

9. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

What we need is Sargent Skelliton:

"You skellitons are a sad lot. Bunch of maggot skellitons (the truth is some of them are). You need DISCIPLINE!"

"There will be NO opening doors unless the boss tells you to! Is that CLEAR?"

And the whole army said - "SIR YES SIR!"

10. Dinnin Darkblade

Dinnin Darkblade IncGamers Member

If you think the door openers are bad take a look at my most recent post in the SPF's Soft Core Ladder thread *Currently the last post on it* Short version, I had 5 out of 10 skeletons go on Strike while fighting Durial. They just walked off and stood there. When I went in closer to Durial to get the skeletons to follow and engage Durial they did the exact reverse of what I thought they would do. Instead of following me into combat and fighting they RAN AWAY!!

I motion that the bug named as a skill *weaken* should be removed and then a new Summon spell put in its place instead.

Skeleton Sargent

HP = 2 x normal Skeleton
    Dmg = 2 x normal Skeleton

Special Powers
    By typing a special charactor prior to a command (example "&Skeletons Attack Durial") It forces all Skeletons you have summoned to do that action. This Skill would be a lvl 30 Skill and would allow the following commands.

Skeletons Attack
    Skeletons Open XXXX Door *were XXXX is the compass direction the door is in*
    Skeletons Drop and Give me 50
    Skeletons FRONT BACK GOOOOOOOOO *if you were ever involved in the military or know someone that was, particularly the US Army you probley know this reference*

11. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I say: "Let the Skeletons Loose" as long as they kill, and I don't die....let them have some fun for all that they do kill. Besides, It's alot like that nagging mother-in-law....you tell them to stay out of your computer room, you come back and they have their fat *** in your chair and logged you out of your game.

Point being, they with both do what they both want...when they want without giving a damn what you have to say.

Damn the in-laws :drink: I need a double though

HoS

12. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Yeah it might be useful. You can revive Gunnery Sergeant Hartman. Damn I love Full Metal Jacket.

“Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked **** that high! You trying to squeeze an inch in on me somewhere, huh?â€
    -yelling at Cowboy

13. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

They don't open using magic. They aren't that good at magic.

Trust me. I've interviewed them. They aren't quite sure how it happens either.

One of them was blaming a druid naturally attracted to the wood, but i've search far and wide for this "boogie druid" and thus far i've not been able to find him.

Now excuse me as I dispose of this dancing, pelt wearing imposter behind me.

14. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

The skeletons long for the quiet rest of death that has been denied them by the cruel and warped Skinny Pale Guy running around with a dirty head grasped in his left hand. That is why the lone mage at the back opens that door to the fanatasism boss when he thinks your not looking.

15. 47thRonin

47thRonin IncGamers Member

Maybe the improved abilities they recieved in 1.10 have gone to their head, sending them on personal conquests to become heroes themselves?

-47thRonin