Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Impalazon needs a merc...but which?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Sunjeet, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

Impalazon needs a merc...but which?

I decided to make an Impalazon for fun. So far, its been pretty fun. With 8 players, I was able to take out Andariel in 12 hits. If you think of the slow attack of Impale as a casting delay, its not so bad. Anyhow, I'm wondering what a good merc should be. Act 2 Might merc would be good for amplifying the damage of Impale by 330%, however, it would only increase the leech of when I use the lightning skills. Act 2 Def Merc would be good in general to avoid being hit and would therefore allow me to make more Impale hits. However, since I'm already covering physical and lightning hits, I kinda feel like I should either have the elemental damage of Act 3 (probably cold) or the ranged, fast damage of Act 1 (again, cold). Although with Act 2, it would be a whole team of Spear-users with the Valk as well. Any ideas?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

A holy freeze merc to slow things down, that will even out the playing field a bit. Since you already have lightning and physical damage covered you don't really need another element, and the cold/fire mages don't really do all that much damage. I haven't tried a rogue but I doubt she can do more damage than an act 2 merc and she doesn't have an aura.

3. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

I would agree with Holy Freeze. With an attack as slow as impale it's good to have all your enemies slowed down as well, even the cold immunes.

4. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

I say Holy Freeze without a doubt, but don't forget you can have a Rogue with Holy Freeze or a Defience + Holy Freeze if you can afford an Ice Bow or Doom Polearm.

5. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

I didn't realize the Doom runeword existed! I shall start raising a def merc instead now....wheeeeeeeeeeee