Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Immunity Shifts!

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by sJw_shan, Mar 9, 2004.

1. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Immunity Shifts!

I haven't noticed any threads on this, but has any else noticed that some monsters shift immunities when you attack them? While attacking one of the ancients that was lightning and physical immune I switched to vengeance and convic with my pally and the ancient's immune to phys stat disappeared. I tried zealing and it did zeal physical damage again, but 2 seconds later he regained physical immunity. He kept switching every once in a while in immunity when i switched back and forth from vengeance to zeal. Is this a 1.10 thing? Or some bug? Thanks.

2. Nevre

Nevre IncGamers Member

Maybe......

It may not be the switching between skills that is doing it!
    I have been playing a conviction pally for ages, my main character. (Yes, I am the one who actually does it rather than wishing one was around).

Most of the Paladin auras flash (noticably with holy freeze and the like).
    If I constantly hover over monsters with conviction on immunities which I have broken on monsters reappear at a constant interval, as if conviction is flashing off for a brief moment now and then.

This doesnt sound exactly like what is happening to you though? Do either you or your merc possess something that might trigger amp damage or decripify? As far as I know now there are the only ways to remove physical immune.

Interesting

3. sJw_shan

I trigger life tap. Don't think that was it though. No merc =(.
    Thanks for the insight though. And great note about amp dmg and decrep, I almost forgot about those. Thanks.

4. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

I wasn't aware that Conviction reduces physical resistance. You learn something new everyday. Anyways, it is probably just as Nevre said, that the aura seems to activate and deactivate randomly. Ever notice your aura "reigniting" when switching charms/equipment? I'm not sure what causes this, but it happens all of the time. As if the aura is resetting, or that it got turned off somehow. I would not be suprised if it did this periodically during something like blocking or attacking.

Also, maybe your opponents moved in and out of the aura's range?

5. sJw_shan

They were always very close to me, but I suppose conviction does have something to do with it. I'll do more investigating in the near future. Thanks for the nice input guys.