Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Immune vs Resistant and Monster Healing

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by mieuro, Mar 5, 2004.

1. mieuro

mieuro IncGamers Member

Immune vs Resistant and Monster Healing

Two questions:

First, can a monster that's immune to cold be damaged by a Frozen Orb assuming the sorc has Cold Mastery at a high enough level, or would all cold attacks useless?

Second, with equipment that "prevents monster healing", is the healing prevention directed at damage done with a weapon instead of say, damage done with Frozen Orb?

Thanks!

2. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

cold mastery doesn't help against immunes, I think. There are some skills that can break immunities, like nec's lower resists. The only way to know if the immunity has been broken is if the "immune to xxxxxxxx" disappears from under it's name. I think this is the case at least.

Prevent's monster heal only works with physical attacks. (ie not frozen orb)

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

AFAIK only three skills exist that can actually break immunites. Cold mastery is not one of them. Lower Resist, Conviction and Amplify Damage are the only one's fresh in my head at the moment. Lower resist and conviction reduce elemental resistances when amp damage reduces physical resistances (IIRC this is affected by DR).

And you have your answer for question #2

4. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Decrepify also works against Physical Immunity, although it's less powerful than Amp.