immune to magic

silverace

Diabloii.Net Member
immune to magic

Does "immune to magic" include all elemental damage as well? Cause I could swear that my pure light sorc is actually hurting them o_O

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
nope, just magic dmg

they will be immune to berzerk, holy bolt, Psychic Hammer ect..
pala hammers have some magic dmg iirc

you can use conviction aura to break and lower it to a reasonable level tho

silverace

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm well i don't know if conviction aura reduces magic damage, My sorc had an Infinity Polearm (high level conviction) and it couldn't break the magic immunity of the act 2 unravellers in hell

nope, just magic dmg

they will be immune to berzerk, holy bolt, Psychic Hammer ect..
pala hammers have some magic dmg iirc

you can use conviction aura to break and lower it to a reasonable level tho
Omg, ffej! I never thought you'd be off here. Conviction only lowers Light/Fire/Ice resistance. There's no way to break a Magic immunity, though for some reason Blessed Hammer does damage Undead and Demon type of monsters even with Magic Immunity.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Omg, ffej! I never thought you'd be off here. Conviction only lowers Light/Fire/Ice resistance. There's no way to break a Magic immunity, though for some reason Blessed Hammer does damage Undead and Demon type of monsters even with Magic Immunity.
It ignores the magic resistance of demons and undead. Note that the same applies to Holy Bolt.

Vadoff

Diabloii.Net Member
It's kind of funny, the only creature that is capable of resisting Blessed Hammer is the Wailing Beast of Act III. It's the only creature tthat's not an undead/demon to have magic immunity =)