Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Immortality

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by HafidzMD, May 30, 2005.

1. HafidzMD

HafidzMD IncGamers Member

Immortality

Just as the topic says, what do u think is the best character that can stand a 10 - 30 seconds lag, in the worst situation, while at the same time deals a good dmg when the lag is off?

I'll start with my hybrid necro, with 28%dr, 7k defense, max block, max resists, bo'ed. He does 5k spear

and if everything fails, there are the skellies and mercs to settle everything.

Only time I find it really hard is when theres a pack of oblivion knights, gloams, and other ranged attackers, and IM casted on my skeliies and mercs....

Also, my suggestions for other types:
    1.Poison Nova with mages, since the mages can kill pretty fast with conviction, in a tight situation. (faster killing = safer, and even in a lag, the mages will still kill)

2.Zoomancer, while its much safer, i do find that zoomancers dont kill as fast as the previous two (after the lag situation)

2. eurymone

eurymone IncGamers Member

10 - 30 seconds lag, in the worst situation? Omg, I'm scared as hell even if I accidentally press the windows key, and it's about 1-2 seconds...I'd say no character can survive such a long lag, and no HC player should even consider staying in a lagged game for such a long time. But if I had to guess, I'd pick some sort of a barbarian, wearing max DR gear ;)

3. Costanza

Costanza IncGamers Member

I think a good defensive zealot would stand a good chance, ~30-40 k defense, max block, 95 to all resist, absorb from Thundergod´s, Raven frost and Dwarf star. Give him a decent weapon and use gore riders, highlord´s and gullieams (spelling?) face and he would be a pretty good killer.

The main problem would be monsters with ITD since you would lack DR, maybe socket some of the things with Ber?

4. HafidzMD

The main problem I find is, if ur alone in a pack of monsters in 30 seconds lag, chances are u will die :). Hence the idea of the necromancer, since the skellies can actually be ur shield (around 10k shield from any kind of dmg) and slowly killing as well.

I am opting for baal runs, and I get the initial skellies from pindle area, and usually max i could get is around 9-12 skeliies. And the hard time is when teleing to the throne, Im still looking for the best configuration of a necro, using that much of skellies to tele to baal room. Sometimes during the teleing, I get lagged, and thats when the whole question of being immortal comes.

I find that, skellies tends to quicky disperse once u stop teleing, so at a time of a lag, those skellies act as my shield. And since im a hybrid those skellies kill really slow, so if im getting lag, and i couldnt move, my only hope is my merc who kills monsters in 1-3 hits depending on monsters/num of players.

The whole situation gets worse when IM is casted, and merc and skellies slowly dying one by one. At the moment, I can still tank melee due to my high def, block and DR and normal elemental dmg, but when getting hit by a lot of magic (bone spear from snakes), gloams (the bug dmg) and lots and lots of dolls, I do get hit pretty bad.

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

A hammerdin with maxed defiance + holy shield + hammers + conc + some synergies, geared with exile, upped GA w/ 15 res, CoA BerBer, Verdungo, wizzy w/ 15 res, 2x dwarf, upped mage, good cast/skill ammy, and charms to bring res to 90/90/90/90, plus an extra 100% LR, then the rest of the charms vitas, could tank everything there is to tank in lag just about...though he'd have to get to a fairly high level for the defence to really start working.

Plus he'd be a hammerdin so killing wouldn't be an issue.

I don't like hammerdins though as FELE cursed dolls like to get right up beside you before they pop.

I'd fire up D2+a trainer and check just how long I can stand in the middle of a pack of fanat cursed frenzytaurs except that'd involve installing D2.

6. HafidzMD

That being said, I do like ur idea, and that build should absorb all 3 elemental dmg OK, if theres no conviction, since hes alone with his merc.

The other problem is, I really like the tele ability :)

7. Costanza

One problem with using skeletons as a shield would be the piercing attacks, probably the most lethal attacks in WSK.

Not as good as teleport but charge and/or vigor is pretty nice.

With one point in Salvation you wouldn´t even have to worry about conviction.

I´ll to some testning later tonight but I think magical damage and maybe monster with ITD would be the only thing to worry about with this kind of paladin, and finding all the items of course.... :rolleyes:

8. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Wolf baba.

HUGE life. Great defense etc. with the right gear.

Dream setup:
    EBotd
    SS
    Fortitude
    Gores
    Rends
    Maras
    Tgods?
    resist/life/str rings or some good combination

Inventory filled with all vitas. :D

HF or Defiance merc.

9. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

The point is you're lagging... no ping = no switching aura to Salvation.

10. Costanza

Well, I got the impression he just wanted to rush through the WSK, not actually playing through it, therefore he could just let the Salvation aura be active until he reaches Baal´s minions, as an extra security. Of course, that would mean no teleport and no vigor, but you can´t be the safest and fastest character in the same time can you. If you got the space however, it might be easier to just fill the inventory with resist charms....

11. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

iirc the only piercing attack in wk2/3 are gloams, and that you can easily solve via a tgods and/or wisp. if you are like me and am paranoid about conviction gloams, a couple of 11 light res scs should do the trick.

12. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

Xey you forgot the most important piercing attack in wsk 2 and 3 and throne. Serpents. They hurt, and the necros bone shield does nothing to absorb damage because they are magic attacks.

13. Costanza

I have tested the Paladin I mentioned before and in most cases lag would not be a problem. In most cases I could just park him in the middle of a bunch of monsters. The poison shooting skeletons did hurt but would never be able to kill me alone. The worst monsters were those hell witches or what they are called, I thought those red balls they shoot at you were fire damage but some of them (strangely not all) hurt me pretty bad. The Serpents were not that bad, the initial magic spear did hurt but after they had charged me they could not harm me anymore.

Oh, it´s a real challange to charge through those Oblivion knights without hitting them.

14. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

whoops, forgot bout snakes

what constanza said (bout them charging)

and the hell witches deal half fire half physical. so watch out if they curse u (seen a lot of deaths already due to this)

15. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

ES Sorcy w/ Insight Merc.

16. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

to Aerath:
    not vs manaburns and/or monsters with charge attacks, that sometimes pass through MS.
    A summon necro can easily die, if his skellies kill a champion/boss stygan doll near him. I usually use merc to kill dolls (especially champ/boss ones) and can say that you need the control not to be accidently hit by them.
    Danger for hi-defense chars (palas/barbs) is when you're facing ITD monsters.
    So, I don't think that anything can guarantee you safety during long lag, but there are some really hard to kill characters.

17. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

I play only hardcore and due to my long time experience there is no such thing as Immortality!
    No matter what kind of thank you have build - the death will come more easy than you can exspect. yes - i have characters in hardcore which cannot die by anything superior than me, but no matter how strong and resistfull you are the time factor is dominating - as much you stay still without fighting and moving the chances to die are increasing.
    Even Dunkan MacLoud can die - just rip his head off! :D

18. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Tai had a sorc that he could leave AFK on diablo, any setting. I believe that he once walked away and returned a long time later and was at full health. This was in 1.09.

Lucky

19. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

ahh yes good old 109 with my sorc bnet couldnt kill

tri-elementalist i left tanking hell diablo and went to go eat dinner/shower, came back her and emrc were full health and big d was dead...

close to immune to all 3 resists, max block and block speed, 1200 life, not too shabby. don't think i could make one as safe in 110 at least not for the same price.

cheers
    -tai

20. HafidzMD

may I know the setup of this sorc, and the gear? thx