Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

immortal king?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ramseytheii, Sep 5, 2006.

1. ramseytheii

ramseytheii IncGamers Member

immortal king?

hi! i am just 2 pieces away from completing the immortal king set. I need the "detail" and the "cage." can anybody recommend where to search for these items? i tend to get disappointing drops from baal, and i dont think mephisto drops them? anybody who has found this whole set, give me some tips!!!

2. Unrsrvd

Unrsrvd IncGamers Member

Mephisto can drop the Detail, but not the Cage.

I found my Cage from Pindleskin. You can find it in the level 85 areas (Pits etc) as well.

Good luck! I'm playing my first IK barb currently, he's loads of fun.

3. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

The IK armor is extremely rare. The full set IK barb is a medium term goal for many people. As in, "I will eventually find all of the pieces, but it may not be for a month or two or even longer, so I will work on other goals concurrently."

That said, the set-- as I'm sure you know-- is quite powerful even without the armor.

4. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

I think I've found 4 IKSC's now - all from Pindleskin (aka Pindle). I've probably done anywhere between 5000 and 10000 runs against Pindle though, just to get what I have.

As Fluffballer mentioned, it's definitely a medium term goal. If you're serious about it, Pindle will eventually drop it. I wouldn't worry about the finding the helm first - odds are it will drop before the cage. If it doesn't Mephisto is probably your best target for the helm.

FYI, if you have ATMA you can find out your exact odds and best MF target with the Drop Calculator.

Edit: Although I found a barbarian wearing the full set to be a very solid build, I didn't enjoy him as much as some of the other more multi-skill dependent builds. IK barb was pretty much a case of "whirl until you hurl". :prop:

5. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

You're right poops, the IK barb is generally suited to a concentration / whirlwinder, but it works well in a 'flying booyaka' build. A flying booyaka, for those who don't know is a barb whose primary skill is leap attack, backed up with a full leap synergy. Go go bouncy barb!

6. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Sorry poops, he doesn't have to worry about finding the helm at all, he's already got it. IK Detail is the belt.

~MM

Also: 4 IKSCs? Geez, I wish I could just find ONE.

7. wangnala

wangnala IncGamers Member

Just curious, so what do you define as a "long term goal"?

8. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

You should ask Ashmer about trying to find the ik set :grin: :rolleyes:

9. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

With the added elemental damage, plus magic damage on the Stone Crusher, shouldn't this build be a pretty good 'zerker also? With Berserk, Howl and Shout maxed, you get a whopping +835% magic damage! The only thing you would have to worry about is those few MI monsters.

EDIT: Actually, if you put the rest of your points into Concentration, you would have a viable backup skill, with some synergy help built in!

10. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

Depending on how much you play, and the intensity you play with :) For some people it's a long term goal, DC might find one in an hour probably :p

11. San

San IncGamers Member

Complete grail?

Perfect PvP char/-s?

99 level chars?

12. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

Maybe since I've found a Soul Cage I don't see it dropping as as much an impossibility as a Tyreal's. :prop: