Imbuing

ELNINO

Diabloii.Net Member
Imbuing

Is there anyway to get good items out of the imbuing quest? Does the lvl of the char. effect the imbuing procces? For example, will a lvl 90 char get a better item then a lvl 18 char who imbues the same item? Also,what are good items to imbue? One last question.. How and where can I buy Jewelers Armour of the Whale? I hear it is good and I need to know what NPC to buy it from so I can trade it. Thanks for the help!

P.s. What does Jewelers Armour of the Whale look like so I can easily regonize it when I am trying to buy it?

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
ELNINO said:
Is there anyway to get good items out of the imbuing quest?
Yes, but it's freakishly uncommon to get good results.

ELNINO said:
Does the lvl of the char. effect the imbuing procces? For example, will a lvl 90 char get a better item then a lvl 18 char who imbues the same item?
The short answer is yes. For a detailed breakdown on how imbuing works, check out the rerolling section of this guide.

ELNINO said:
Also,what are good items to imbue?
Circlets are popular. To be honest though, I almost never bother with the imbue - I find more (and better) rares while MFing, gambling and even just questing. Not that it's a waste of time - I just tend to forget about it. :p

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell imbues work the best according to some rather unsientific testing I did. I imbued several sets of battle boots Normal, NM and Hell but the test population was not large enough to establish a Mean, Median or Mode.

The best to imbue? Coronas Diadems or Tiaras

Jewelers armor of the Whale will have 80?-100 life and 4 sockets. Archon plate was popular. I haven't shopped Anya, Hell, Act Five this ladder season and do not know if it still is available. Everyone wants runeword armor now so no one much cares about Jewelers armor anymore.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
Cooked said:
Jewelers armor of the Whale will have 80?-100 life and 4 sockets. Archon plate was popular. I haven't shopped Anya, Hell, Act Five this ladder season and do not know if it still is available. Everyone wants runeword armor now so no one much cares about Jewelers armor anymore.
not true, these armors can be quite expensive because they are extremely popular for pvp bowzons. Socketed with some ias and ed jewels and the armor is pretty godly.

Rehsa

Diabloii.Net Member
i imbune plain white tiara's i usually find in heel baal runs that drop from baal minions... out of the 2 tiara's i've imbuned with my lvl 87 wearwolf fury druid...

+2 sorc skills
20% fcr
33 fire res
75% reduced poison length
other minor mods

+2 barb skills
15 Str
all res 10
10% MF
other minor mods

and i'm gonna try and sell them, not sur ehwat they're worth though, gonna find out...

if you imbune, circlets or the like class headgears are a good bet, ^_-

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
not true, these armors can be quite expensive because they are extremely popular for pvp bowzons. Socketed with some ias and ed jewels and the armor is pretty godly.
Thanks for the heads up mhl12.

I just read that about an hour after making this post. So now you know! Good thing I didn't sell the one I have.

The 60-160 jewelers armors are not allowed to be traded on the forums as they use duped jewels Non-Ladder. I doubt there are very many if any on ladder. The 15/40 IAS jewels are legal on ladder trades last time I checked.