Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Imbuing weapons question - any guides??

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by batuchka, Apr 16, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Imbuing weapons question - any guides??

Hi all! I am considering imbuing ethereal nagas, dimensional blades, mat javas, lances, martels, etc and as you can see most are exceptional class weapons :p
    I treid looking for an imbuing guide for weapons but can't find it. My question is :
    Could imbued exceptional weapons spawn with Cruel+Masters+Fools prefixes or is the better chance going with an elite class weapon. Also is it worth imbuing weapons in any case? I have been magicfinding and found some semi godly rares which i sold at a nice price so i am wondering about imbuing some myself and upgrading them to elite status if they are really godly hehe. Thks to anyone who could enlighten me :D

p.s - Rares are one reason why i cannot understand peeps saying PvM is a joke/boring! The one godliest rare in thehistory of Diablo is what makes me excited magic finding hehe

2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

A good place to start would be the check out the guide to altering items ingame: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=258325

Also, when it comes to imbuing ethereal weapons you'ld be very hard pressed to get those 3 modifiers you want plus a repair dur mod (so that you're item won't break and be useless). People who want to get around this tend to imbue ethereal crystal swords and dimensional blades. Then they upgrade them to phase blades which are indestructible. The upgrade will keep the item ethereal but you now have an ethereal indestrucible item. It's like getting a free modifier.

3. batuchka

Thks BFD! Yes know about the eth rare phase blase trick that is indestructible and saw a sweet one in the barb forum :p Hmm i read that guide and sent a message to its writer (Uzziah) on SP forum and hope he shall revert soon hehe. At least its a start as i want to know more about imbuing rares and make full use of the quest :D

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Nope. Master's (or any Ed%/+Ar prefix) and Fool's cannot spawn together, as they are in the same group. For the same reason it's impossible to get any ed% only prefix together with Grinding.

5. batuchka

Hmm thks RTB - so its possible in theory to spawn Cruel/Masters/Mechanic then fast repair/quickness/slaughter then when imbueing an exceptional class weapon found Hell Act 3, Pits and WS?

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Wouldn't "of evisceration" be far better than "of slaughter"? Or even "of the locust"? Besides that, I'm drooling over that same rare. I also like to imbue circlets (and the like) to try to get Arch Angel's/Bahamut's/xxx of mechanix/magus/life everlasting (or the magic damage equivalent of life everlasting). That'd be plain godly for a ES sorc!

7. batuchka

Oh 'Evisceration' suffix can only spawn on magical weapons not rares :( Highest + max dmg suffix is slaughter. And i was thinking since life leech is near useless in PvP then more dmg is desireable?

8. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

It's possible in theory. The odds of getting one however, are very close to 1 in 5 billion or so.

9. batuchka

Dang those are really bad odds lol Ah well perhaps would go with circlets or tiaras that i seem to find at times from hell pindle and hope for a nice +2/20fcr spawn :p