Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Imbues and Qlevel

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Aron Figaro, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Aron Figaro

Aron Figaro IncGamers Member

Imbues and Qlevel

Hey guys, you know how when you throw something in the cube with 3 chips Ilevel = Qlevel if Qlevel is bigger than the 25 the recipe gives? Does this also apply to Imbues if Qlevel is bigger than your Clevel plus 6?

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Yes it does. Hence, if you ever find a white Diadem the first thing you should do is imbue-rush a new character (ie. get to level 8 and grab the Malus).

(edit: technical point: alvl = qlvl, ilvl = clvl + 6. But same principle :) )

3. Aron Figaro

Aron Figaro IncGamers Member

Hell, if you find ANYTHING that you figure will spawn nice mods, imbue-rush a character...now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go imbue-rush a couple accounts worth of chars and put the price of phase blades in the cellar. :p

4. deanj

deanj IncGamers Member

I've been looking for a good explanation of how to best imbue. I know that circlets get a bonus to to alvl which is realted to their magic level which are 3,8,13,and 18 for the different types of circlets.
    Is the bonus like this, alvl=clvl + 2 x magic lvl ?
    circlets haivng a magic level of 3 so they get a bonus of 6 as given in the earlier post?

So if I want a +2 to skills (alvl 90) from a normal circlet my clvl needs to be 84. Is that right? (And less for the better types pf circlets.)

Also what other items are good to imbue?

I know the 1.10 updates listed an increased chance of ed on rares so when imbuing elite weapons, is the cruel prefix reasonably common?
    And would the qlvl on the item just need to be 51 (the alvl for cruel) or above to get cruel?
    Thanks!

5. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The +6 refered to above is not from the maglvl, it is because when you imbue an item, the ilvl is always clvl + 4 (and this was misremembered as 6).

When an item has a maglvl (which is circlet class items as you list, and also staves and wands (but not elite wands)), their alvl is determined as max(ilvl, qlvl) + maglvl, rather than the more complicated formula I gave in another thread.

So, if you imbue a diadem (qlvl 85), its alvl will always be maxed out at 99, regardless of ilvl. But if you imbue a circlet (qlvl 24), you will need high ilvl to get the good mods. For +2 skills you will need alvl 90, which means you need ilvl 87, which means you need to imbue at clvl 83 or more.

By the way, just for confusion, there are actually two Cruel affixes. The original one from 1.09 with alvl 51 is still only for magic items, and the new one that can spawn on rares is alvl 56. ie You need alvl 56 to get Cruel on a rare. To be sure, you need either a qlvl 78 item or to imbue at clvl 74 or higher.