Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Imbue

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Dahkar, May 1, 2010.

1. Dahkar

Dahkar Diabloii.Net Member

Imbue

I checked the library and there doesn't seem to be anything on imbuing. If I was to desire to imbue a Savage of Slaughter item (Highest Mod if i recall correctly is 26 which makes it a level 19 item) What is the best level to imbue?

2. Orphan

Orphan Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Imbue

It's true that the Savage prefix has an alvl req of 26, and the Slaughter suffix has an alvl req of 25, but it gets abit more tricky to determine what ilvl you need to get these two affixes, mostly because of the quality level differences between the base items.

The ilvl of imbued items is equal to clvl + 4. The alvl of an item is determined by the following equation:

If (ilvl>99) then {ilvl=99}
    if (qlvl>ilvl) then {ilvl=qlvl} ;** see note below
    if (magic_lvl>0) then {alvl=ilvl+magic_lvl}
    else
    {
    if (ilvl<(99-qlvl/2))
    then {alvl=ilvl-qlvl/2}
    else {alvl=2*ilvl-99}
    }
    If (alvl>99) then {alvl=99}

As an example, if you wanted to imbue a Crystal Sword (qlvl 11) and get the above affixes, you would need to do the imbue with a clvl 28 character (to get an ilvl 32 Crystal Sword, which would end up with an alvl 26 item). If, however, you wanted to use a Broad Sword instead (qlvl 25) then you would need to imbue with a clvl 29 character to get an ilvl 33 item, with an alvl of 26.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's going to be quite difficult to say exactly what clvl you need to get those affixes without knowing what base items you are interested in using.