Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Imbue suggestions?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kyo, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

This good to Imbue??

Hi

Not really seen this asked around much but was wondering what are the best items to imbue from charsi and why if the reason isn't obvious for slow folks like me :D

ie i found a white ancient armor 336 (worth imbue)

Be intresting to see if the general ideas are around the same?

Kyo

p.s ooops for to mention does it matter what clvl u imbue from and does it also matter what ingame difficulty your on?

ie would i imbue from charsi in (hell) give better results than in (normal) (charsi)

2. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I do not think so. I believe imbuing has to do with your level and possibly the level of your weapon. I peronally always wait to imbue with my characters until I am at least lv.70-75 in Hell.

3. zamoors87

zamoors87 IncGamers Member

I suggest waiting til ur a really higl lvl and wait till you get sumthing that has "superior" befor the name

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

its totally lvl dependant, +4 from your lvl i think. so hang on utnil you need it, then have a go. bu that armour woudl be nice to see what you get.

5. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

erm? ok :scratch:

6. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

ok cheers get the general idea. Still what items would u look out for that worth imbuing?

Weapons, Armor etc?

Basically wasn't really sure if that was a high base ac for that type of armor.

7. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Clvl will affect it, but high-qlvl items can get fairly good affixes even at low levels, and Diadems always have a choice of any affixes at any clvl.

The quality of the item type used is irrelevant - a Cracked/Crude/Low Quality item will give the same results as a Superior item. You should always use Superior items in the Socket quest rather than the Imbue quest (assuming you want max sockets of course).

(edit - also, the Defence on the item is rerolled, if it's an armour item, IIRC)

Finally, Ethereality is retained if you Imbue an Ethereal item (IIRC). Can be handy if you get self-repair/auto-replenish.

I don't really make much use of Imbues, just the odd class-specific item here or there.

8. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Excellent thx - :thumbsup:

9. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Since the imbue is just "rarifying" an item, I try to imbue equipment that can't be gambled. I would recommend class-specific items (paladin shields, shrunken heads, etc). If you have enough gold, you can gamble til you find a great yellow ancient armor.

And do remember that all mods are rerolled. If you find an amazing paladin shield with +75 resists (HA!) and you want to imbue it to see what else you could add to it, you'll lose those mods and get new ones. Only the base item type is kept.

You know, I usually don't even use my imbue quest anymore. Never had much luck with it.

Have fun!

10. loveratbaby

loveratbaby IncGamers Member

Taken from a guide I found:

Imbuing items, of course, results in a Rare item, not a Magic item... This makes some mods ("Godly" for armor, "Cruel" for weapons,) impossible. So when I took a look at the overall odds of various mods on Rare items, the best item to Imbue, by a pretty wide margin, turned out to be Circlets (including Coronets and Tiaras, if you reeeally need the higher defense rating.) But there's one caveat; you have to imbue them at EXACTLY character level 38. Any earlier, you cannot get the best mods (+skills, etc.) Even one level later, you seriously diminish the odds of getting a good Imbue. So if you have some Imbues waiting around to be used, on higher level characters, the next best item would be an Elite-class barbarian helm (Guardian Crown, Fury Visor, etc.) The best time to imbue these helms would be, quite simply, when you're tired of levelling up the character with which you'll be Imbuing. The higher the level, the better; but not by a terribly wide margin. Anything past level 65 or so is good; but higher is a bit better. If you don't play barbarians, your only remaining worthwhile Imbue would be Elite-class Sorceress orbs or Necro wands; and again the higher the level, the better. Another (nowhere near as good) alternative would be elite-class Assassin claws at character level 70+, (for Trapsassins primarily...)

11. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

actually you can get cruel and i belive it's grandmasters on the same rare weapon now, it changed in 1.10. so you could possibly get a 450% ed weapon by imbuing

12. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Master's, not Grandmaster's, but yep.

Also Godly can now appear on rare armour. All the other previously magic-only mods are still magic-only though.

13. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

thanx for pointing that out shade, hate to look stupid and noone point it out...tehe

14. brainfloss

brainfloss IncGamers Member

In 1.10, you'd maybe want to try Ethereal Elite items - what level do you need to be to get the most damage on them?

Go on, use that Zod rune on something that isn't a botd...