Imbue-Someone explain...

Bakunine

Diabloii.Net Member
Imbue-Someone explain...

I found a Superior Ethereal 14%ED with 800 Defense Dusk Shroud. Decided to imbue it so maybe i could give my merc a better armor.
It came with crappy mods but thats ok. Now whats not ok is that it came with less then 600 defense.
How can this be??? It was still ethereal after imbue but defense lowered???

Thanks.

warlock_666

Diabloii.Net Member
Bakunine said:
I found a Superior Ethereal 14%ED with 800 Defense Dusk Shroud. Decided to imbue it so maybe i could give my merc a better armor.
It came with crappy mods but thats ok. Now whats not ok is that it came with less then 600 defense.
How can this be??? It was still ethereal after imbue but defense lowered???

Thanks.
this problem sounds very similar to one that comes up when upgrading ethreal armours.

I think what happens is when you imbued it becasue of a Bnet Bug it lost the 50% ed bonus it got from being ethreal, thus giving it just the 14% ed bonus from the superior. Unfortunately i think that the durability will still decrease even though the armour has no ethreal defence bonus.

This is an important point and im glad you brought it up because until now i thought this bug was only present when upgrading ethreal armours.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Post the exact stats and it can be figured out.

The 'Superior' mod is always lost when Imbuing (ie. you might as well imbue a damaged/cracked version), so you'd have dropped the 14% ED from that. As to whether it stays Ethereal or not... like I said, post the stats and we can check :)

Bakunine

Diabloii.Net Member
Shade said:
Post the exact stats and it can be figured out.

QUOTE]

I no longer have it. Dumped it after the imbue. It came really crappy. Kinda +5 to life, fire resist 8%,etc.

It had 800 Defense: Maximum a Dusk Shroud can have is 467 so 467x1,14 from the Superior mod = 532. 532x1,5 from the Ethereal bonus=798. Maybe im doing something rong but still is just 2 points away from 800.

I know it was bigger then 550 and lower then 600 after imbue. Minimun Dusk Shroud can have is 361 so 361x1,5=541.

I didnt knew the Superior mod would be lost in imbues neither that the base item would be randomized again. Now i understand why less defense after. Better luck next time.