Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Imbue and Expansion Pack

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Matrixnetuk, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Matrixnetuk

Matrixnetuk IncGamers Member

Imbue and Expansion Pack

Hi guys,

First post in here so here goes.....I have been solid gaming D2 for a week now early starts late finishes (Time flys when you are fighting in D2)

Okies q1 Imbue......should I join ladder games in the hope of picking up some awsome piece of kit and run off back to charsi or should i play out act1 and imbue an act1 item? (my one char has already imbued an act1 item (Doh!) im hearing already?

Q2 when buying D2 I also got the expansion CD so should i play out reg D2 or upgrade like yesterday to Expansion mode? will i miss out on special D2 only acts and items?

Thank You already Matrixnetuk

2. katanadaishi

katanadaishi IncGamers Member

Okies q1 Imbue......should I join ladder games in the hope of picking up some awsome piece of kit and run off back to charsi or should i play out act1 and imbue an act1 item? (my one char has already imbued an act1 item (Doh!) im hearing already?

***Join ladder games if you are new so that you will be able to have a chance to find (if you're lucky) the godly items that you will not find in non-ladder. When you play ladder you will also be able to do upgrades that you otherwise won't be able to do in non-ladder. About imbues, well, I suggest using the imbues when you find elite normal items. It makes no sense imbuing a regular normal item unless you really need it.***

Q2 when buying D2 I also got the expansion CD so should i play out reg D2 or upgrade like yesterday to Expansion mode? will i miss out on special D2 only acts and items?

**The Expansion offers 2 additional characters to play with: the druid and the assassin, one additional Act, and a gazillion more items. There is no point playing just Classic unless your purpose is to find a Stone of Jordan and sell it for $50 on Ebay.***

3. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

Hi Man,

The expansion is just that ... an expansion. After you install it you still have the choice to play classic D2 chars outside the expansion and you can also convert your classic chars to expansion chars (no going back though). So there is really no reason not to install it.

as for imbues there are many preferences but the end all of imbues is that they just aren't as useful as they were in d2 classic when rare items were the best stuff you could get. (the expansion adds a LOT of unique items that dwarf what the imbue could give you).

now with the new patch some rares are nice again (the really high end ones of course) but the imbue is generally only useful once you get it and then only for a few levels.

Some advice on imbues for the expansion... In normal imbue something that you are not likely to replace quickly. Weapons and armor and shields change very frequently as you do the first few acts so, imbueing a sword in act one will waste the imbue because you'll replace that sword almost immediately in the next act. I like to wait until act 2 and buy a belt with 3 rows (belt or heavy belt) and imbue that ... the mods won't be awesome but the item will be useful for a couple acts.

In nightmare and hell difficulties try to imbue things like circlets and class specific items (like barb helms, druid helms or assasin claws) These can get nice skill mods and might actually make a useful item. If you find a nice exceptional ethereal armor and want to imbue it for your mercenary then that's an option too.

I have yet to imbue an item that I've used for more than a couple games.

Good Luck

Spak

4. Matrixnetuk

Matrixnetuk IncGamers Member

ty ty ty ty

Brilliant all information is good ;-D i will be loading up the expansion tonight

ty ty ty ty