I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

Deetox

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

Oh yeah, this one is for the hockey fans.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177223&hubname=

Man... FIFTEEN years for a B-string in Ricky DiPietro in Long Island. $4.5 million PER year. Charles Wang you are out of your mind.

Haha funny thing is. He is guarenteed the money whether he plays or not. And if the Isles want to buy him out he is still guarenteed 2/3s of the $67.5 million which is I think around $45 MILLION for leaving the team.

Well I'm speechless right now so I'm going to end my post off with some quotes I found on the Islanders forum.

Is Wang mentally stable? Seriously, is he?
I can't believe Wang hasn't been tarred and feathered, lynched, and then burned at the stake. Get this ***** out of the NHL
Man, if only there were a 100 story Lighthouse here on Long Island for me to jump off of...someone should build one.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
six years from now when 20 goalies are making more than Rick who is going to be the one regretting this?

but hell, $45mil guaranteed is nice

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
wang is a hockey genius...he wanted any of his players who got in a fight to go through anger management classes...he also wanted his scouts to take a look at japanese sumo wrestlers....he thought they would make excellent goalies. :rolleyes:

WildBerry

Diabloii.Net Member
superdave said:
he also wanted his scouts to take a look at japanese sumo wrestlers....he thought they would make excellent goalies. :rolleyes:
Huge coverage, quick hands, do splits as easily as cheerleaders. What's not to like? They might eat the team near bankruptcy, but they've got natural talents all right :smiley:

ragnar_ii

Diabloii.Net Member
Why the hell would you gurantee someone a paid 15 year term? What incentive does he now have to actually play well. One and two year deals are the way to go. That way you have to prove your worth every season. Wang messed up on this one.

But then again its only the Islanders, its not like they can get any worse.

skihard

Banned
He will never be on another team so he most likely will never get a cup. the reason is because if he is traded his contract has to be picked up by the receiving team and no normal minded GM would ever pick that contract up. Well I guess he better like his 67 mil and no cup.

Deetox

Diabloii.Net Member
DiPietro can go right along Wang's wall of fame. Right next to Alexei Yashin. God I still can't believe they gave up Spezza/Chara for that tool. Way to go Ottawa (although you still suck).

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
i'm sorry...i couldn't resist either.

some newspaper? said:
Rick DiPietro's 15-year, $67.5 million tenure got off to a rocky start when he was yanked after giving up six goals in two periods of the Islanders' 6-3 opening-night loss in Phoenix.
he only has another 14 years and 80 something games to get things right. :grin: