Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm soo dead

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by skilledlord, Feb 2, 2004.

1. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

I'm soo dead

ok, i dunno how to say this but, i went into a drop game and i dropped a akairno valore i dunno how to spell. You can understand tat right? u drop things to feel smart and u pick it back up b4 anyone else does. but this time someone else picked it up, i dink it was lag or something..i'm so screwed...the valore is my brother's and im gonna die when he finds out.. really this is no lie, not a trick or anything. Is there a kind soul out there that can help me? someone tat will give me a armor??? Plz, I'm begging. I play useast and my whisper me at hairyone. hairyone is my account name. plz, he really will hurt me.

2. GIR

GIR Banned

Nice knowing you.

3. skilledlord

hurry he coming home soon

4. GIR

GIR Banned

I have no pity for this kid. Doing something like that with something that isn't yours is just asking for trouble. I'm not really believing the story anyway. I think he's just looking for a Valor.

But, if it's a true story... boy, he's going to beat you like a rented mule.

5. skilledlord

sigh...thanks fer ur kind words GIR. I now noe an example of mean ppl out there. Also, the char is not my brother's. the items are. we share accounts. the story is true. and plz do not post anything here any more GIR. o well...I guess this is a lesson well learned...from now on i'm not gonna drop anything, or give away anything either.

6. skilledlord

o yea...y would i be looking for a valore? if this story is false, i would say something better like a enigma? but no, this story is true, so i stick to the facts. he's home now, i just hope he doesn't notices. anyways, hes not going on today, he's doing hw.

7. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

lol Agreed. Otherwise, the guy who picked it up had "grabit". it lets you pick up an item really fast. I got scammed with someone using that program. By the way, in an "I Drop U Drop" game, SOMEONE ALWAYS HAS GRABIT. It's usually the host because he made the game. If anyone tells you to drop an item to trade for an annihilus small charm, even thought it doesn't look like a scam, HE HAS GRABIT. It has happened to me before.

8. skilledlord

okey thanks fer the info

9. GIR

GIR Banned

You are very welcome.

Yeah. That scammer was pretty mean, huh? I really don't like people that cheat.

Well, regardless of who's character it was, you really shouldn't be using items that weren't yours if losing them was going to put you into the position of a red-headed step child on whoopin' day.

Hey, if it is, it is. To be honest, it really makes no difference to me.

How about if I continue to post at my leisure? I trust you'll find this to be an acceptable compromise.

A very good idea.

10. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Just really stupid of you to drop your item in the first place. What the heck were you thinking? What could you have possibly gained from this stupid incident?

11. GIR

GIR Banned

The very valuable wisdom of what not to do. Some people only learn by doing, and that's usually going the hard route.

Hell, I'm one of those people.

12. bc10068

bc10068 IncGamers Member

pssssssssst... e-bay

13. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

i have to say im fully in support of GIR on this one, it is fully your problem to drop the item in the first place so deal with it. also how can he be mean by not giving away one of the best armours in the game when he doesnt even know who you are? sounds more like sensible to me..

anyway i also think Jackson is right in saying what were u ever going to gain by dropping it?

one more thing, enigma is alot more valuable and you have NO chance of anyone giving you an enigma - more of a chance with valor so you will have tried for that if you were lying. you know what they say, better than nothing eh?

please dont flame trusted members of these forums for your own stupidity either

cya l8r

14. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

He probably goes to the doctor saying "it hurts if I touch this"

Then don't touch it!

15. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

There ARE some honorable traders still out there. I traded for gheed's charm a while back, and that charm has to be dropped, it can't be put into a trade window. I traded a rune for it.

We both dropped and ran to the other's item. Both of us got what we wanted. No tricks, nothing.

But yes, I do agree that you should excercise caution while attempting such things.

As for calling people mean, yeah, maybe some people are a bit too harsh to you on here. However, weren't you being mean by trying to taunt people to show them you have valor and they can't have it?

That sucks man, but you're kinda the only one to blame for what happened.

-Jomero

16. GIR

GIR Banned

Haha. Now here's something you don't hear everyday on these forums.

Well, first time for everything.

17. hotpanfight

hotpanfight IncGamers Member

Dropping for fun?!?

Well, you were dropping for fun, and you KNEW there was a risk involved. Why else were you doing it, to tease, right? So when someone sees it, they hurry-up and click to try and get it, but OOPS, its gone. heee heee hee. Its kinda like playing peekaboo when you're an infant. Well, you lost the armor playing peekaboo. You don't have my sympathy.
    Of course, this reeks of a scam, and if that's the case, you still don't have my sympathy. What will the next thread read, that you have terminal brain cancer, you're dying, and want some uber-gear for your last days? Your post really wasn't that different, your brother's going to beat you up? ok
    I hope I never join a game with you playing, you will be squelched.

18. GIR

GIR Banned

Hey, at least someone didn't make and Iron Golem out of it when it dropped. Maybe the person who has it now is actually putting it to some use.

19. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

I'll make a game tonight. Could you please drop a shako and an SOJ?

GB

20. Firey_chasm

Firey_chasm Banned

I have only one thing to say, wtf were you thinking? Dropping items like that just 2 teash ppl is just idiotic, and if it is true then hopefullly u av learnt from ur mistake, but to expect people (who dont know you) just to give u a spare arc's is rather propostuas dont you think? I mean if I started a thread saying my ama is crap she needs wf plz can someone give me, everyone would just laugh at me, and thats what your post sounds like, except with a feeble(idiotic) story hung thinly around the truth