Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I'm so mad now...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by EBZeroMatrix, Mar 24, 2004.

1. EBZeroMatrix

EBZeroMatrix IncGamers Member

I'm so mad now...

I was muling a few things and had a friend help me. Well everything seemed normal, I dropped the items, and I was about to exit when I wanted to go back to my stash to be sure that I got everything out I wanted to mule.

BAM! Got hit with lag (or whatever you wanna call it). I couldn't pick up anything or access my stash, or talk to anyone. So I fumbled the phone, getting ready to call him before he gets booted too till BAM! He got the boot (I had exited my game after I found out what happened, and it stalled on rejoin). Game over, all was lost...

Why me? Why is it me all the time? I mean it has happened to me a few times before, and this is the second time I lost some really good stuff (pgems, stealskull, runes, guardian's tiara, etc..). I feel that I'm being picked on, or I just have horrible luck. And it seems to happen right after I have a few good mf runs. What a load of crap... It just makes me so mad... :rant:

And I was thinking, maybe its also blizzard's crappy servers, and the dupers. You know, I'd pay to be on b.net if they would get some better equipment, and besides, it would get rid of the dupers that seem to also help cause this problem for those of us that are playing it 100% legit.

2. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

That's never happened to me although I hear a lot of ppl talking about it.
    Hope the loss was not too great :thumbsup:

-Backdoor Bandit

3. foxnews

foxnews IncGamers Member

^^

You know what it is right? There's a guy over at Blizzard, and he sits at a computer with a BIG RED button. And every so often, he'll monitor games and press the BIG RED button to make the game drop or lag out. This has happened to me also at least two dozen times over the years. ....Damn that BIG RED button.

but really though, just a game.. you can always get more.... uhm...virtual stuff. Haven't had too many bad xfer games drop. But in 1.09 before stuff was worthless... lost quite a few ethereal cruels and CCBoEs and such.... Just keep playing, just a matter of time before you're back on ur feet.

4. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

Do u have a 56k? If you do and your willing to pay bnet to get better stuff maybe you should get better interent providers. If not that jus really sucks and im sorry for you. Bnet does jus lag out sometimes for me too but guess i got lucky. Never happened during muling

5. Green_Squirrel

Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

My advice: Stop dropping your items on the ground and get your friend to bring a mule.

Battle.net isn't picking on "you", this game drop happens to almost everyone. On a less harsh note, sorry this happened, it's a real pain to try and get your friend to hold every item. But well worth it if you're xfering valuables.

6. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

It happened to me too... many times. One time when DC hade only 1 mm life left, one time when I tried to mule fast several runes (one of them was Lem :(). The last time yesterday - I lose a mediocre buri, some gems and scrapy uniqe rings - whatever - I was lucky enough to mule a green Kraken Shell I just found BEFORE my game died.
    It happens. Good internet connection gives no garantee. A really nightmare is to lose connection in trading game with all items on the ground. You would lose items and - more important - trust of your traiding partner.

I noticed though that this guy operating BIG RED button sleeps early in the morning.