Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

im sad =(

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by rykoi, Jun 18, 2005.

1. rykoi

rykoi IncGamers Member

im sad =(

im really sad now, i did the best i could getting a full trangs set, along with some other decent stuff (maras, and an arm of king leoric)
    ive got quite a bit to my +skills, yet i just cant seem to compete, i think i might be doing something wrong.
    btw, my necro is a summonmancer, my "idea" was that if i made a summon necro , and used and act 2 merc with insight and bramble armor, that i could at least solo hell.
    as of now, ive got 35 in skelly mastery, 32 in raise, magi and revive are 1 point wonders, 5 in fire golem, with it at about a slvl of 15 or 16, cant remember

along with 1 point in every curse, plus the fire skills ive got from trangs set.

still cant handle NM difficulty =/ not sure if im doing something wrong or what.

2. vagrantrogue

vagrantrogue IncGamers Member

hmm...makes no sense...
    i have a lvl 55 necro with lvl 24SM/23RS with a might merc.
    i only got the curses i need for decrep.
    and 1 point into CE.
    i went through most of NM fine.
    i'm actually gonna battle the ancients soon.

how are you dying? [are you dying?] your skeletons should be tougher than mine. you put points into summon resist?

3. rykoi

rykoi IncGamers Member

ta

ya, its at like 10 or 11 now, i really dont understand...
    im even using a marrowalks for the bone armor
    sigh, il probably just trade off all the gear, get a hoz and some crap
    and go be a hammerdin like everyone else

4. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

One thing I noticed about your skills is you didn't mention Corpse Explosion.

CE is going to be responsible for about half your kills I'd say if you're a summoner, maybe even more. Maxing it isn't totally necessary but summoners tend to have a lot of points left over.

Make sure your merc has some life leech somewhere on him as well since Insight and Bramble don't have any. With my summoner, when the might merc goes down my 36/36 skellies struggle to do enough damage to survive.

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I managed to solo hell using the same equipment you listed...and as as summoner like you...I used fire wall quite alot so that I could do more than just using amp all the time...and didn't use insight or bramble.

Insight isn't really needed for full trang's because re get mana back reallly quick as it is with full set.

Of all the skills given by the full set...fire wall is the most useful...so if you haven't tried using it you should. I only used CE in act4 for getting to D.

Otherwise...post what it is you have been doing...and hopefully help figure out anything wrong.

HoS

6. vagrantrogue

vagrantrogue IncGamers Member

dont know about hell, but in NM, as long as the might merc holds up, you dont really need CE at all. simply casting amp damage has been sufficient for me...

7. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

you made the mistake by going for only the skelly magi route. You have to have max skelletons. They are much better and deal much more dmg and have a lot more life.

You don't technically need corpse explosion. I found that amplify damage and sometimes life tap were the only curses that I needed.

8. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

yes, you definetly need the normal melee skelly, when i read through that i presumed you had that, but i gues you don't. a basic build would be like:

20-skeleton
    20-skely mastery
    20-skely mage
    5-10-iron maiden :D
    1-confuse
    1-weaken
    5-10 fire golem
    5-10 golem mastery

9. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Probably not but why pass up the chance to kill, level, and mf faster? It's not like your necro is doing anything else other then spamming amp.

10. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Let's start with the basics.
    • What level are you? Your Skellies use your level for their chance to hit.
    • What level is your Merc? The higher the Merc level the higher his Might aura will be. That means a lot more damage for your Skellies.
    • Do you use curses? Amp allows your Skellies to kill faster, Decrep protects them against tough guys. LT allows your Merc to survive when he is surrounded.
    • What is your crowd control strategy? Do you use the AI curses to control crowds or do you just amp and wait? How do you use Clay? Do you cast him to protect yourself and your Skellies or do you just let him muck about?
    • Do you run in front of your Skellies or do you allow them to surround you like a protective shield? Walking is better.
    • Where do things go wrong? Are there specific situations that give you a lot of trouble?
    We need this information to help you with your problem. If we don’t know what is going wrong we can’t fix it.